Cody Green opens up about transfer

He's been considering transferring for about a year. He considered WR and TE but they locked him in at QB after Martinez's injury. He didn't think he got as many quality chances as he could have. When asked about his relationship with Martinez, he said, "Taylor just kind of keeps to himself most of the time. He's quiet and doesn't talk too much."

He wants to play in a WCO offense, and the new offense will look more like KU's run and shoot. He wants to be in an offense that prepares him "for the next level." He's been working with a pretty heralded QB coach in Texas for about 6 months.

He's talked to Tulsa, Houston, KSU, Baylor, and aTm. He's visited KSU already and wants to get to Tulsa soon.

He called Bubba recently and told him not to let his transfer affect his decision at all, and he can always call him.

Finally, he thanked the fans for all the memories and support through the good and bad.

Basically he's thought about transferring since half way through last season because the offense was going away from the Pro style offense. He did talk to the coaches about switching postions (TE and WR) but with Taylor getting injuried forced Cody to stick at QB. He's looking into Houston, Baylor, Texas A&M, K-State, and Tulsa. Already visited K-State <_<

He's talked to Bubba on the phone and told him that he hopes that his (Cody's) decision to transfer doesn't affect Bubba from coming to Nebraska or going into the draft. Cody told Bubba that the new offense will fit Bubbas style.

So another class act from Cody and I wish him the best.

EDIT: Damn GMoose beat me too it.....I type to slow

Basically he's thought about transferring since half way through last season because the offense was going away from the Pro style offense. He did talk to the coaches about switching postions (TE and WR) but with Taylor getting injuried forced Cody to stick at QB. He's looking into Houston, Baylor, Texas A&M, K-State, and Tulsa. Already visited K-State <_<

He's talked to Bubba on the phone and told him that he hopes that his (Cody's) decision to transfer doesn't affect Bubba from coming to Nebraska or going into the draft. Cody told Bubba that the new offense will fit Bubbas style.

So another class act from Cody and I wish him the best.

EDIT: Damn GMoose beat me too it.....I type to slow

thanks for the info guys......

hope the TM has truly improved the communication skills that everyone was talking about in being vocal and what not for this season

After reading this I feel I owe Cody an apology. He does seem like he was looking out for the team in some ways, felt his talents were not going to be used and would not learn what he needed for the future, due to the change in offensive structure.

Good luck Cody, I wish you well.

• Fire 1

I have always liked Cody a lot and everything i have heard from athletes who know him is he is a sweet guy and hard worker. Sadly that doesnt always equal great performances on the field. I was sad to see him go because he was a great leader but this was the best choice for Cody and so i respect that. I will root for him no matter where he goes because i truly like the guy.

Class act.

• Fire 1

for the record he actually did refuse the move to another position, the coaches urged him to do it and he said no. thats the way it happened.

I would disagree with that because last year when Lee was hurt, tehre is no way they would move him and have zero depth.

He felt like he could win the starting job and when he lost it they wouldnt let him change.

That being said, i am going to believe what Green says for now since he was there.