Dan Beebe Spews Derp on Dr. Tom

ESPN Link here.

Radio interview with ESPN Austin - The Whorn

Of note:

Even still, Beebe said Osborne wasn't a fan of several Big 12 decisions from the moment he took over as athletic director in 2007.

"From the day that I sat down with him when he became the athletic director, he expressed strong concern about a lot of the things that happened when the Big 12 was formed, even though it was 13 or 14 or 15 years previous," Beebe said.

Among those concerns, the gravitational pull of the state of Texas for the Big 12, which moved its offices to Dallas when it merged with four members of the Southwest Conference. He also cited the prohibition of players categorized as partial qualifiers being admitted to Big 12 programs, which Osborne commonly signed to his program, as did others.

Bottom line: Dan Beebe, having mismanaged the conference to 10 teams, tries to say it was Dr. Tom holding a grudge for why Nebraska left. :facepalm:

The radio interview goes a bit further, including how Texas, Oklahoma, et al magnamiously decided to split the Fox Sports contract revenue, but Beebe says that their conference split is a little bit different and "the American Way".

After the written and audio interview of Beebe, I not only understand and appreciate the worth of Delaney, Beebe's tripe makes me even like 'Leaders' and 'Legends' for division names now.

This guy is a colossal screw up. Every time he opens his mouth the B12 has to cringe. I always did. Its pretty sad when the WAC has handled their defections better from a PR stand point than arguably was was formerly the 2nd or 3rd most powerful conference in college athletics.

Oh just the F up already Boobe. Nebraska to the B1G was a no brainer. If he had the chance to take a job with better pay, more job security, with better benefits, and better leadership where he'd be treated better - he'd do it in a second. Then again, he's a bumbling, mouth-breathing tardbar. Maybe he wouldn't.

• Fire 1

Although I absolutely think Beebe is dirt bag and it's really bad form on his part to come out and backhand Nebraska and especially T.O like this, I have wondered about our stance on revenue sharing since we joined the BIG 10.

"What’s interesting though, and maybe even a little bit curious to me is that Texas and Nebraska were aligned almost exactly on every issue, including the revenue distribution piece and putting all the rights into the conference. So it’s kind of interesting when I read about comments about Nebraska now being pleased about being in a conference where they put all their rights in and divide money equally," Beebe said.

"That’s the exact opposite position that they took for years in this conference."

This really strikes me as odd. We've always favored the unequal revenue sharing and now all of the sudden we like equal revenue sharing. Doesn't make sense to me.

Although I absolutely think Beebe is dirt bag and it's really bad form on his part to come out and backhand Nebraska and especially T.O like this, I have wondered about our stance on revenue sharing since we joined the BIG 10.

"What’s interesting though, and maybe even a little bit curious to me is that Texas and Nebraska were aligned almost exactly on every issue, including the revenue distribution piece and putting all the rights into the conference. So it’s kind of interesting when I read about comments about Nebraska now being pleased about being in a conference where they put all their rights in and divide money equally," Beebe said.

"That’s the exact opposite position that they took for years in this conference."

This really strikes me as odd. We've always favored the unequal revenue sharing and now all of the sudden we like equal revenue sharing. Doesn't make sense to me.

#1 unequal there is the same amount as equal here, acutally not but closer.

#2 it's the right thing to do for the schools, they divide that money between academics and programs, in an effort to be better in both. Inturn that only makes the conf stronger over all.

What Beebe is missing:

Conference w/ unequal revenue sharing (even if in Nebraska's favor) plus Bebee < Conference w/ equal revenue sharing and no Bebee

Mizzou fan here. I don't think its odd, its just Nebraska looking out for its best interest, just like any other school does. Being at the top of the food chain in the Big 12, the unequal distribution was in your self interest. Still, going to the Big 10 was a better deal, even with equal distribution, and as in your self interest. Sure, I guess that's inconsistent if you look at it from a principaled standpoint, but the bottom line with any school is to do what is best for them, and Nebraska's decisions were consistent in that regard.

While I agree Beebe is an idiot, with the new TV deals, the Big 12 is on better footing than I think anyone anticipated when realignment went down.