Another FAIL brought to you by Bleacher Report

I vote that we adopt this rule: You post a BR article here, you get banned.

Negative Ghostrider. I will continue to link these articles for the comedic value it provides for the day. They also take me back to my days in third grade when I had a similar writing style and put forth an alike research effort as well. These articles are great for the toilet humor that is found within. I don't care if there is a clearer plot line in a Where's Waldo book, I love laughing my ass off.

Guy is obviously a troll.

That being said, I have to agree with him on one thing. The 2006 defense, was set up to be SO freaking good. Could you IMAGINE what Pelini would do with that defense? Carriker, Moore, [heck, throw a Redshirt Freshman Suh in there], Bo Ruud [When he was still playing well and not 2007 form], Corey McKeon [see Bo Ruud] Steve Octavien [see Corey McKeon and Bo Ruud] Zack Bowman, Andre Jones [had a lot of potential to be really good], Cortney Grixby, and Bo being a natural safety [who did wonders with Matt O'Hanlon] think about what he could have done with Andrew Shanle and Tierre Green? Maybe not world beaters, but better than they were for sure!!!

It could have been one of the better defenses we've ever had if we had our current defensive staff coaching them, but sadly we had the two C's coaching them, which, as we all know, lead us back to Pelini.

However, I think they would be sick.

Absolutely. Freaking. Sick!!

:throwdabones1::bigredn::koolaid2::bonez:bonesflag:

That being said, I have to agree with him on one thing. The 2006 defense, was set up to be SO freaking good. Could you IMAGINE what Pelini would do with that defense? Carriker, Moore, [heck, throw a Redshirt Freshman Suh in there], Bo Ruud [When he was still playing well and not 2007 form], Corey McKeon [see Bo Ruud] Steve Octavien [see Corey McKeon and Bo Ruud] Zack Bowman, Andre Jones [had a lot of potential to be really good], Cortney Grixby, and Bo being a natural safety [who did wonders with Matt O'Hanlon] think about what he could have done with Andrew Shanle and Tierre Green? Maybe not world beaters, but better than they were for sure!!!

It could have been one of the better defenses we've ever had if we had our current defensive staff coaching them, but sadly we had the two C's coaching them, which, as we all know, lead us back to Pelini.

To be fair to Cosgrove, the 2006 defense was pretty damn good. Not elite Pelini kind of good (let's face it, Pelini is ahead of every single person in the country as far as defensive philosophy), but still well above average. Held USC to 28, Oklahoma to 21, Auburn to 17, Texas to 22, etc. We played championship caliber defense and had a potentially championship caliber offense, but the pieces didn't stick due to a shaky fundamental core (see, Callahan). They were good though.

To be fair to Cosgrove, the 2006 defense was pretty damn good. Not elite Pelini kind of good (let's face it, Pelini is ahead of every single person in the country as far as defensive philosophy), but still well above average. Held USC to 28, Oklahoma to 21, Auburn to 17, Texas to 22, etc. We played championship caliber defense and had a potentially championship caliber offense, but the pieces didn't stick due to a shaky fundamental core (see, Callahan). They were good though.

Good post Lanlord. The 2006 defense was good on it's own with Cosgrove, but with Pelini, I think we can say it could hae been EVEN BETTER.

2006 will be one of those years, like 2001 and 1999, that we had all the pieces, but for some reason things didn't work out. Fumbles in 99, Colorado exposing us and no real other offensive weapon in 2001, and Callahan debacle in 2006.

All the pieces were there, but you're right, the fundamental core was rotten.