SIGNED TE/DE Sam Cotton

I love the conspiracy theories of scholarships being handed out on the basis of nepotism. Let's also discuss 9-11 as an inside job, bigfoot, and who really shot JFK?

You must not be a "long time reader, first time poster"

Yes sir! You guys do great work on the recruiting front and I've been reading it for a while. Never got around to making and account until now. My theory is Bo is being blackmailed by Barney or perhaps they have secretly eloped in Iowa. The jury is out, but what is clear, the Cottons are a problem and the end of Nebraska Football.

I love the conspiracy theories of scholarships being handed out on the basis of nepotism. Let's also discuss 9-11 as an inside job, bigfoot, and who really shot JFK?

Yes sir! You guys do great work on the recruiting front and I've been reading it for a while. Never got around to making and account until now. My theory is Bo is being blackmailed by Barney or perhaps they have secretly eloped in Iowa. The jury is out, but what is clear, the Cottons are a problem and the end of Nebraska Football.

There, now you sound like a person that has been posting on here for a while.

By the way welcome, but beware the pineapple

Not the Cottons . . . but rather THE Cotton. As in the senior Cotton. Ben is a good player. Sounds like Jake is acquitting himself well. I don't know much of anything about Sam . . .

Anyways. Our OL has more raw talent than actual production. That is on the OL coach. There is a reason why Bo chose to hire several assistants to help ol' Barney out. (Hint: It's not because he was doing a great job.)

Not the Cottons . . . but rather THE Cotton. As in the senior Cotton. Ben is a good player. Sounds like Jake is acquitting himself well. I don't know much of anything about Sam . . .

Anyways. Our OL has more raw talent than actual production. That is on the OL coach. There is a reason why Bo chose to hire several assistants to help ol' Barney out. (Hint: It's not because he was doing a great job.)

:laughpound I am sorry but I am sure that I am the only one that finds two of those three words being together and in a sentence quite hilarious.

Or it could be simply that Bo realized that's the O-line is hard to coach and give quality time to each player with just one coach. I guess TO was crazy for having 2 coaches also. I guess Barney gets no credit for nearly having 3 1000 yard rushers or the single most productive day by an I Back in NU history. He may not be the best, but he ain't chopped liver either.

Or it could be simply that Bo realized that's the O-line is hard to coach and give quality time to each player with just one coach. I guess TO was crazy for having 2 coaches also. I guess Barney gets no credit for nearly having 3 1000 yard rushers or the single most productive day by an I Back in NU history. He may not be the best, but he ain't chopped liver either.

Yeah . . . I'm sure Bo tripled the size of the OL coaching staff because they were doing such a good job. Giving up ~30 sacks. Second most holding penalties in conference. Multiple false starts per game.

We must be looking at different facts. Mine actually do show Cotton being chopped liver.

Yeah . . . I'm sure Bo tripled the size of the OL coaching staff because they were doing such a good job. Giving up ~30 sacks. Second most holding penalties in conference. Multiple false starts per game.

We must be looking at different facts. Mine actually do show Cotton being chopped liver.

Actually they just added 1 person, they promoted an intern and then back filled the intern slot. Not to mention that interns can't really coach per NCAA rules. They can do film study and things like that, but they don't really contribute to player development that much.

As far as his performance goes, I agree it is a mixed bag but NU was 9th in the country in rushing. When was the last time they were that good.......

• 4 months later...

That was about the only play that I noticed he was even in there.........looked pretty average

Not entirely true. On defense he was double teammed every play and Burke constantly ran Nelson to the opposite side of him. Didn't put up wow stats or make huge plays all game, but was definitely a factor in Southeast's defense in shutting down a high powered Burke offense.

And this is coming from a guy that was very questionable about his commitment and scholly offer.

That was about the only play that I noticed he was even in there.........looked pretty average

Not entirely true. On defense he was double teammed every play and Burke constantly ran Nelson to the opposite side of him. Didn't put up wow stats or make huge plays all game, but was definitely a factor in Southeast's defense in shutting down a high powered Burke offense.

And this is coming from a guy that was very questionable about his commitment and scholly offer.

And how do you feel about it now?

I don't know during the game he looked like maybe the 3rd or 4th best athlete on the field........Burke's RB was very impressive

• 2 months later...