New Gloves

:facepalm: You gotta be kidding...someone sat around and actually came up with these, someone else actually was able to sell them to Nebraska, and someone at Nebraska actually bought them....two of the three should be fired....and the sales guy should be salesman of the year.

One word for these...STUPID! I can see the players running around now, with their hands put together so they can show off their gloves...forget about reaching out to grab someone, or the football. And how many more hands to the face penalties will this bring?

You do realize they buy this stuff because the kids that might come here to play football like it, right? They aren't trying to cater to the aesthetic desires of the fanbase, especially not truckers, if your username is representative of you at all. They're catering to teenage kids, a lot of them african american and a lot of them really focused on how they look, all the time.

Would you rather have gloves (a very small part of a 'uniform' that isn't really focused on at all) be given a makeover or how about the jersey tops? I know people have wanted black jerseys for a long time, how about some pro-combat stuff? Calm down :)

I guess I should be thankful that they aren't talking about a red football field, huh? :)

Exactly...huge waste of money.

Do these gloves cost more than our other gloves?

not sure, but my bet is that they do...and I would even give 2 to 1 odds on that bet. What ever happened to just playing the game? I also bet that we incur some unsportsmanlike penalties, directly or indirectly because of these gloves.

Put down this prediction: Gloves will be gone in a year or so.

not sure, but my bet is that they do...and I would even give 2 to 1 odds on that bet.

If there's a beer involved, we might have to bet. If I lose, I still get to have a beer with you - even if you get two. :D

not sure, but my bet is that they do...and I would even give 2 to 1 odds on that bet.

If there's a beer involved, we might have to bet. If I lose, I still get to have a beer with you - even if you get two. :D

I do like the way you think, my brother from another mother. :)

:facepalm: You gotta be kidding...someone sat around and actually came up with these, someone else actually was able to sell them to Nebraska, and someone at Nebraska actually bought them....two of the three should be fired....and the sales guy should be salesman of the year.

One word for these...STUPID! I can see the players running around now, with their hands put together so they can show off their gloves...forget about reaching out to grab someone, or the football. And how many more hands to the face penalties will this bring?

Do you actually think these will impact how our team plays? :facepalm:

I can't tell if you're being serious or not.

If you are, how do you think something as trivial as ~200-300 pairs of gloves is a "huge" waste of money compared to new uniforms yearly, the ridiculous amounts of extra clothing and shoes that student athletes get, big screens and ribbon boards at the stadium, matching wear for all the staff, etc. etc. etc.

The players are going to wear gloves either way, getting gloves with logos on the palms either costs nothing extra or costs a very small amount extra, relatively speaking. Unless you're suggesting all the players go gloveless, there's no waste here, especially when you keep perspective of all the other things our athletic department spends money on.

• 4 weeks later...

That game would be the National Championship game of course. What bigger stage to show off those new Adidas gloves? :P

...and get a touchdown called back for excessive celebration when a receiver shows them off a bit to much following a score? I say wear them for the Washington game - what could possibly go wrong there?

Score a touchdown, flip the ball back to the ref [or maybe hand it back to the ref, flipping it might be excessive] and then when the camera is on said player on the sideline, then we can show them off after the point after. :)

I say wear them for the Washington game - what could possibly go wrong there?

My biggest fear for the Washington game is that it will be called at halftime because we've already broken all of their players.

I don't know why, but I have a deep desire to see us hang 100 points on this team. We can't beat them bad enough to satisfy me this year. I rarely ever feel that way, especially about a non-con opponent. But this year I do.

• Fire 1

That game would be the National Championship game of course. What bigger stage to show off those new Adidas gloves? :P

...and get a touchdown called back for excessive celebration when a receiver shows them off a bit to much following a score? I say wear them for the Washington game - what could possibly go wrong there?

It's a good thing you can't get a touchdown or even first down "called back" because of excessive celebration.

It's a good thing you can't get a touchdown or even first down "called back" because of excessive celebration.

Actually this year there's a new rule that a touchdown can be called back if the celebration occurs before he scores.

Actually this year there's a new rule that a touchdown can be called back if the celebration occurs before he scores.

I think what Brooklyn is saying is that it has to be taunting. I think if you score the TD then flash the gloves it's assessed on the ensuing kickoff. If you somehow flash the gloves on the way to the end zone, then it can be called back.

It's a dumb rule.

Starting this year you can if you celebrate on the way to the endzone. Although I realize that's not what he's describing.

All of this makes me wonder, are refs going to flag Blackshirts now for throwing the bones since you're no longer supposed to do anything to draw attention to yourself?