2012 Presidential Campaign - Obama vs. Romney

Essentially, this election isn't about who is the best candidate, but who will f*ck things up less...

Probably the most succinct summary of American politics that I've seen on this board.

once in a blue moon, I'll say something that isn't completely mired in dipshittery

Essentially, this election isn't about who is the best candidate, but who will f*ck things up less...

Probably the most succinct summary of American politics that I've seen on this board.

once in a blue moon, I'll say something that isn't completely mired in dipshittery

I better hop in here and say that I agree with walks, carl, and bham on this one. It might not happen often but this is the real thing.

• Fire 1

I better hop in here and say that I agree with walks, carl, and bham on this one. It might not happen often but this is the real thing.

better mark your calendar.... this might not occur for at least another 6 months

Romney raked in 800K today in Omaha.

Should be a battleground city again this year.

It's not as if he got one dollar for every vote he's going to get in Omaha. A few wealthy donors upped the number. That wasn't by any means a sign that Romney is going to win Omaha.

Romney raked in 800K today in Omaha.

Should be a battleground city again this year.

It's not as if he got one dollar for every vote he's going to get in Omaha. A few wealthy donors upped the number. That wasn't by any means a sign that Romney is going to win Omaha.

Didn't take it that way. With the district changes Omaha got a little redder though. I am expecting just as close a race as '08 for the city.

I am just glad we are politically relevant now a days.

Let me give you a recap of the next prez:

They win based on a ton of promises. A couple to none of those actually happen.

Either msnbc or fox criticizes them copiously.

The prez blames any goals not obtained on the previous regime.

We still owe China billions.

We still have troops in the Middle East.

Either prez is still more successful than GWB.

Have we changed our electoral process? I wouldn't give all five of Nebraska's electoral college votes to Romney just yet. I would actually be surprised to see Omaha not go to Obama.

And I would be equally surprised if it didn't revert back to the GOP.

Have we changed our electoral process? I wouldn't give all five of Nebraska's electoral college votes to Romney just yet. I would actually be surprised to see Omaha not go to Obama.

Based on what?

Based on what?

I think the outcome in Omaha in 2008 was largely based on a tremendous amount of enthusiasm for B.O.

It will be hard to replicate that kind of energy for a guy that now has a track record rather than offerings of hope and change (where people could largely fill in their own template)

I also believe there will be renewed energy on the GOP side; not necessarily for Romney, but against the direction many feel B.O. is taking the country.

I know that's what the GOP is hoping people think. I don't believe 2008's voters are so blind to what's going on in Washington that they'll hold Obama solely accountable for the lack of "change." In fact, the GOP obstructionism over the past couple of years will likely, in my opinion, turn people even more toward Obama.

I know that's what the GOP is hoping people think. I don't believe 2008's voters are so blind to what's going on in Washington that they'll hold Obama solely accountable for the lack of "change." In fact, the GOP obstructionism over the past couple of years will likely, in my opinion, turn people even more toward Obama.

Except for the inconvenient fact that for 2 years, he had the Senate, the House and the White House and STILL never got a budget.

The GOP has had control of 1/3 of the government for 1 1/2 years total since 2008.

The Senate has not passed a budget since 2008 (in violation of the law).

Now you can argue that is obstructionism, but without control of most of the governing apparatus, how is the GOP culpable?

Anyway, whatever we think, we will find out in November.