Curious Buckeye fan

Let's suppose that by some miracle the Ohio State team manages to rally the troops due to the program "turmoil" that's been going on and we somehow make it through the season undefeated, do the Buckeyes have the support of the rest of the Huskers and the Big Ten behind them to bring a NC home to the B1G?

I think you may be in denial. Rally the troops and somehow go undefeated. I don't think that is in the cards this year. See Texas from last year. Star QB gone!!! Lost 7 games and 6 in conference. You are better off hoping you are bowl eligible with wins and no probation.

Texas still had their "star head coach", if you can call him that and lost 7 games with a wealth of talent.

Chances are even if you were undefeated, your star QB and great head coach set this team back 5 years.

It is already on the news that your top prospect is running away from OSU and heading to UM. He is on record saying that many more Ohio players will be following him to UM. That is very troubling.

I think you should start a thread that says "how long is OSU screwed"?

It is very troubling how corrupt Tressel and tOSU has been with the cars, Clarett, tats, etc. I feel sorry for all the kids that got beat by kids that should of never been on the field last year. Even with vacated wins, the schools you beat don't get credit for the wins. So it is like both schools take the loss but in reality only tOSU should have the loss in those games. So sad.

So, my answer is NO, you don't have my support until you stop cheating and admit you have cheated the game for many years. I don't think Buckeye fans think any rules were broken and that is obvious by this thread. They honestly think Tressel misled some people and got into troubling for looking the other way.

The stuff that tOSU has been doing under tressel is very SMU like. :snacks:

Wow.....just wow.

One he said supposedly....this thread was about conference loyalty in the postseason against the team that beat you. That was it. So you go and attack a hypothetical situation as if he posted it as fact.

Two, SMU really? 2 Violations for Ohio State, 10 for USC, 9 for UNC, 12 for Tennessee, 22 for Boise St. ESPN only reported constantly about Ohio State's. And you wonder why we think ESPN has it out for Ohio State? Other than USC's, all others have happened this year. All of them violated 10.1 which was Ohio State's worst violation. Only USC received a post season ban and scholarship reduction. And there other violations not only were far worse, but encompassed three different sports. So if USC doesn't get the death penalty, and Georgia Tech doesn't get a post season ban for far worse transgressions than Ohio State, how the hell can you even compare Ohio State to SMU?

well the trouble for me is that my wife is from ohio (lima in NW ohio which is a real sh#t hole) and when nebraska was sucking and OSU was doing real good she always rubbed it in my face constantly and thus its made me really dislike OSU-though i suprised her and her mom for ticket to Ohio State vs. Oregon in the rose bowl a year or two ago when they won... so its been kinda hard to forget about her and her irritating family rubbing this OSU sh#t in my face for years......

SO i hope i can see the greater good in the other fans and not my a-hole wife and her even bigger a-hole family

lol..welcome to the Big Ten...U will grow to Hate the buckeyes and their incredibly rude fans..and a word of warning..If you ever travel to Columbus...Be extremely careful..expect to get spat on beer thrown at you, yelled and screamed at and swore at..and those are just the mild things...trust me Youll see....

Hmmm these things happened to me in Ann Arbor when I was there for the UM/UConn game last year wearing my NU shirt and we werent even in the conference yet. It happens everywhere.

Let's suppose that by some miracle the Ohio State team manages to rally the troops due to the program "turmoil" that's been going on and we somehow make it through the season undefeated, do the Buckeyes have the support of the rest of the Huskers and the Big Ten behind them to bring a NC home to the B1G?

I think you may be in denial. Rally the troops and somehow go undefeated. I don't think that is in the cards this year. See Texas from last year. Star QB gone!!! Lost 7 games and 6 in conference. You are better off hoping you are bowl eligible with wins and no probation.

Texas still had their "star head coach", if you can call him that and lost 7 games with a wealth of talent.

Chances are even if you were undefeated, your star QB and great head coach set this team back 5 years.

It is already on the news that your top prospect is running away from OSU and heading to UM. He is on record saying that many more Ohio players will be following him to UM. That is very troubling.

I think you should start a thread that says "how long is OSU screwed"?

It is very troubling how corrupt Tressel and tOSU has been with the cars, Clarett, tats, etc. I feel sorry for all the kids that got beat by kids that should of never been on the field last year. Even with vacated wins, the schools you beat don't get credit for the wins. So it is like both schools take the loss but in reality only tOSU should have the loss in those games. So sad.

So, my answer is NO, you don't have my support until you stop cheating and admit you have cheated the game for many years. I don't think Buckeye fans think any rules were broken and that is obvious by this thread. They honestly think Tressel misled some people and got into troubling for looking the other way.

The stuff that tOSU has been doing under tressel is very SMU like. :snacks:

Wow.....just wow.

One he said supposedly....this thread was about conference loyalty in the postseason against the team that beat you. That was it. So you go and attack a hypothetical situation as if he posted it as fact.

Two, SMU really? 2 Violations for Ohio State, 10 for USC, 9 for UNC, 12 for Tennessee, 22 for Boise St. ESPN only reported constantly about Ohio State's. And you wonder why we think ESPN has it out for Ohio State? Other than USC's, all others have happened this year. All of them violated 10.1 which was Ohio State's worst violation. Only USC received a post season ban and scholarship reduction. And there other violations not only were far worse, but encompassed three different sports. So if USC doesn't get the death penalty, and Georgia Tech doesn't get a post season ban for far worse transgressions than Ohio State, how the hell can you even compare Ohio State to SMU?

What Coqui said. It was a completely hypothetical situation. I know perfectly well that we won't go undefeated and it doesn't hurt to dream, I'm just curious as to how well backed we would be by our conference mates or if we would be totally shunned. Also not to sound arrogant but we pretty have been the flagship program of the B1G since for the past near decade. Personally I feel Wisconsin, Nebraska, and for a stretch maybe even Sparty have a better chance at getting to the title game than we do but that's not going to stop us from trying or better yet (if we actually do get a postseason ban), play spoiler to everyone else's season as best as we can.

He also brought a great point about ESPiN constantly reporting our transgressions while conveniently leaving out UNC, GT, Oregon, and the lax reporting on Auburn along with sweeping the constant arrests by Florida/Bama/Georgia players under the rug. I posted this elsewhere on the board but I thought it would be a good supplement as to why we get the front page news everyday about our mistakes and everyone else gets ignored.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/college/ct-spt-0701-big-ten-nebraska--20110701,0,5568175.story

The date: April 30, 2004. That's when a posse of ESPN executives, led by Mark Shapiro, John Wildhack, Loren Matthews and Chuck Gerber, met with conference honchos at Big Ten headquarters in Park Ridge.

The Big Ten's long-term deal with the network had three years remaining, but Commissioner Jim Delany wanted to dip his toe in the pool. Turns out the water was ice cold. And shark-infested.

In his early 30s, Shapiro had risen to executive vice president of programming and production after spearheading the "SportsCentury" series and boosting ratings with shows such as "Pardon the Interruption," "Around the Horn," "Dream Job," "Playmakers" and the World Series of Poker.

Shapiro also was a cutthroat negotiator, as chronicled in the book "Those Guys Have All the Fun: Inside the World of ESPN," and his style rankled the likes of NHL Commissioner Gary Bettman and the NBA's David Stern.

An amiable session in which the Big Ten and ESPN cleaned up "housekeeping matters" — schedules and announcers — took a nasty turn at the one-hour mark. That's when talk turned to a contract extension, a negotiating session that went nowhere. Fast.

"The shortest one I ever had," Delany told the Tribune. "He lowballed us and said: 'Take it or leave it. If you don't take our offer, you are rolling the dice.' I said: 'Consider them rolled.' "

Delany had warned ESPN officials that without a significant rights-fee increase, he would try to launch a new channel that would pose competition both for TV viewers and the Big Ten's inventory of games: the Big Ten Network.

....con't

Yes.

say you rally the troops and play US in the CCG and we win and go on the the NC game... do we have YOUR support?

Nebraska would have more support than they could handle. ESPECIALLY if you get there against an SEC team. Expect the whole nine yards.

Well said sir.

You can bet the ranch we'll have your back.

You all have my support to jump into the Olentangy river. I would root for texans, mormons, and meth-heads before rooting for you.

• Fire 1

You all have my support to jump into the Olentangy river. I would root for texans, mormons, and meth-heads before rooting for you.

Sir, if you are rooting for Texas, I no longer can associate with you.

• Fire 1

I suppose. It was nice to see the bucks take down Miami in '02, and it's hard to dislike the hard-nosed running game of several B1G teams. I went to Happy Valley to watch my Huskers get demolished in '02, and the Nittany Lions fans' treatment was less than hospitable. Deplorable, really. Hopefully since we're a 'brother' now, we clad in scarlet and cream will be treated with more respect.

My second favorite team since '96 has always been whoever's playing Texas. In anything.

i have never been a big 10 fan, and never will be, though my beloved cornhuskers are now there... i never voted for it, would have like them to join the pac 10...

sort of wished nu was still in the big 12, and texas was forced to spread the wealth around....colleges are for education, not the stock market

try living in columbus for a bit. it will change your mind.

try living in columbus for a bit. it will change your mind.

No matter how long I live, Texas will always be a sore subject in my heart. It's bad enough I live less then 2 hrs away from them and have to see their emblem all the time on cars.