Anyone worried about beck as our offensive coordinator

josh

With the talent that he has to work with, he should be fine. Besides those first couple of games will get him comfortable calling plays. He gets to experiment with his offense, see who needs a little more coaching up, and hopefully by the time we get to the tougher games, he and the players will understand enough of the system to keep the mistakes from killing drives, like last year.

If need be, he has one of the greatest offensive minds in the country, just down the hall.

GBR!!!

Very worried. He's never called a game at this level. There will be a few bumps in the road.

I thought we were told he called the plays in the Holiday Bowl . That did not turn out very well, but as stated earlier, I agree that it all hinges on TM and if he can get back to where he was before the MU game, and sustain it. When TM excelled, the whole offense followed suit. That young man has a lot of pressure on him.

Very worried. He's never called a game at this level. There will be a few bumps in the road.

I thought we were told he called the plays in the Holiday Bowl . That did not turn out very well, but as stated earlier, I agree that it all hinges on TM and if he can get back to where he was before the MU game, and sustain it. When TM excelled, the whole offense followed suit. That young man has a lot of pressure on him.

I'm pretty certain Watson called the Holiday Bowl. I guess the uncertainty of everything is what worries me. Beck's never done this before, TM might not be healthy, no experience behind him. 1 proven RB, 1 proven WR, and I can't remember the last time I felt good about the O-line. It could all go horribly wrong in a hurry, or Beck could be the next great OC for all we know. Just a lot of uncertainty on offense and it's very worrisome to me.

I'm pretty certain Watson called the Holiday Bowl. I guess the uncertainty of everything is what worries me. Beck's never done this before, TM might not be healthy, no experience behind him. 1 proven RB, 1 proven WR, and I can't remember the last time I felt good about the O-line. It could all go horribly wrong in a hurry, or Beck could be the next great OC for all we know. Just a lot of uncertainty on offense and it's very worrisome to me.

Watson called the Holiday Bowl 100%. Beck worked with the QB's prior to the game and started the implementation of different qb drills. At that point Tmart didn't trust Watson at all and the relationship that was rocky at best was completely gone. There was very little actual coaching being giving by Wats to Tmart and not that it would have mattered because Taylor wouldn't have taken much of it from him anyway. By that point the instructions were to more or less be a tackling dummy when coverage broke down. Beck did some scouting and game planning for that game but Watson chose not follow it.

How quickly we forget his input in this. I'm sorry in advance.

See how bad it was defensively. Bo fixed that. Now he gets a chance to fix the offense. If he could fix that defense, which gave up 50+ point efforts routinely, and make it into a unit that fell short at A&M last year because we couldn't hold the aggies to three points, then he can fix ANYTHING

I feel like I'm the only person that questions mr.beck. I respect him but not totally sold on him. The more the summer goes on the more nervous I get. What do you guys think. I feel like watson may have influenced him to the point of no return. SN called the new offense the cocktail offense because it was made up with a bunch of coaches sitting around having a few drinks jotting stuff down. Should we

be worried?

The only position on the team that was actually taught offense last year were the RB's. Roy said on several occasions that the RB group knew more than the rest of the offensive players because they were taught who was going to do what and what that meant for their position. Beck broke down the offense and taught them the reasoning, reads etc and the concepts needed at the position. The rest of the team was taught plays. Beck teaches very differently. I would be 100% happy with Watson's offense and Beck running it even as long as it was being taught in Becks style. The issue we'll have is with the players getting that "oh. . yeah..this is exactly what coach was talking" about moment. They'll need to trust 100% whats going to happen will happen when Beck says it will. Once we're there we'll be very, very good.

I remember when Bo was at LSU and they were playing for the National Championship. He told his defense this is exactly the play they are going to run and told them where to line up and when to move. As soon at the QB snapped the ball, Bo yelled "Touch Down" and started to jump up and down. Two seconds later the qb threw the interception and the defender rant the ball in for a touch down. That.....is knowing whats going to happen from reading the defense and what happens when your players trust you 100%.

It will get there on offense eventually...but its going to take some time. I will say the players seem much more comfortable with Beck's coaching than they were in Watsons. I know the offense often felt like they were a burden on the defense and that hurt the "team" feeling. Many of them have told me they felt like many times they played not to lose the game rather than to try and win it and attack the other guy. They truly feel like they will now hold their own. That mindset is huge.

• Fire 2

I think it's only prudent to temper expectations about Beck and the offensive staff as a whole. No matter how much you trust Bo's decisions, Beck is an unproven commodity. It could go either way.

I'll reserve judgment until after the season. Even then it may be too early to tell, this being Beck's first year as the lone OC at any school.

I feel like I'm the only person that questions mr.beck. I respect him but not totally sold on him. The more the summer goes on the more nervous I get. What do you guys think. I feel like watson may have influenced him to the point of no return. SN called the new offense the cocktail offense because it was made up with a bunch of coaches sitting around having a few drinks jotting stuff down. Should we

be worried?

The only position on the team that was actually taught offense last year were the RB's. Roy said on several occasions that the RB group knew more than the rest of the offensive players because they were taught who was going to do what and what that meant for their position. Beck broke down the offense and taught them the reasoning, reads etc and the concepts needed at the position. The rest of the team was taught plays. Beck teaches very differently. I would be 100% happy with Watson's offense and Beck running it even as long as it was being taught in Becks style. The issue we'll have is with the players getting that "oh. . yeah..this is exactly what coach was talking" about moment. They'll need to trust 100% whats going to happen will happen when Beck says it will. Once we're there we'll be very, very good.

I remember when Bo was at LSU and they were playing for the National Championship. He told his defense this is exactly the play they are going to run and told them where to line up and when to move. As soon at the QB snapped the ball, Bo yelled "Touch Down" and started to jump up and down. Two seconds later the qb threw the interception and the defender rant the ball in for a touch down. That.....is knowing whats going to happen from reading the defense and what happens when your players trust you 100%.

It will get there on offense eventually...but its going to take some time. I will say the players seem much more comfortable with Beck's coaching than they were in Watsons. I know the offense often felt like they were a burden on the defense and that hurt the "team" feeling. Many of them have told me they felt like many times they played not to lose the game rather than to try and win it and attack the other guy. They truly feel like they will now hold their own. That mindset is huge.

A very encouraging post, da skers. Surely agree it won't be a magical five minute success drill but the whole offensive staff being on the same page and working with the players to fully grasp it sure sounds good to me.

GBR!!

I'm not worried because we can do anything with Tim Beck and T-Magic.

I'm more concerned with how the fans will react when he lays his first turd. Will they blame it all on him like they did with Watson or will they give him a pass because he is Bo's boy.

As long as he doesn't lay a turd that lasts over a full year we'll have real-deal improvement. Most will be happy with that.

I'm not real worried about how we start Dude. There will be bumps. It how we finish down the stretch when he has the experience that I'll be looking at. I'll be extrnding grace as well regardless.

I'm behind Beck 100%. Bo wouldn't have hired him if he didn't believe in what he brings to the table. I guess you could say I'm more worried about the upcoming season than Beck as a hire.

Worried. No

Concerned. Yes

What I am really worried about is special teams - last couple of years have made the fans complacent.

This. I'm 5x more worried about our Special Teams play this season than I am the offense, to be honest. The worst Beck can do is be Watson-esque; we are going to likely see a dropoff in Special Teams play this year, and Special Teams play, in some ways, made up for a lack of offense.