Funny blurb on Rivals about Wyoming

You guys have to get a look at these uniform combos that Wyoming has now:

http://www.wyomingathletics.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/071211aaa.html

Those all brown helmets are atrocious.

Not that Wyoming has ever had good uniforms, but those are another step down. The brown helmets are disgusting, at least the white ones were a recognizable look. (apparently they still have white helmets as an alternate) And the vertical "COWBOYS" on the pants...yuck. I'm wondering what combo we'll see on our visit.

Read an article somewhere a couple weeks ago about this. I remember Virginia Tech saying that a large number of their season tickets were purchased by people with Nebraska addresses a few years ago. I'm curious how many of the Wyoming season ticket holders currently have permanent addresses in Nebraska.

Just last year also, some group or company bought up a ton of Washington season tickets just to get the ones for the Nebraska game.

The Uniforms themselves are fine (as long as they don't pair up the same color pant/jersey combinations for the brown and yellow)

But the brown pants with the white jerseys and a gold helmet with a brown facemask? That would look pretty good with their brown horse logo. As would a yellow pants/brown jersey and gold helmet home version. With white helmets, yellow jerseys and white pants alternate styles.

Read an article somewhere a couple weeks ago about this. I remember Virginia Tech saying that a large number of their season tickets were purchased by people with Nebraska addresses a few years ago. I'm curious how many of the Wyoming season ticket holders currently have permanent addresses in Nebraska.

I doubt it was VA Tech. I was just reading this year how this was the first year in awhile that they opened up season ticket sales to the public, because 1500 didn't renew and they didn't have enough on the wait list to pick them up. Maybe it was Pitt or Wake Forest, I do recall something like this about them. And I'd certainly bet this is why there is a spike for Wyoming this year.

Found the VA Tech article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/hokies-journal/post/season-ticket-sales-regress-for-virginia-tech-football/2011/06/07/AG21kFLH_blog.html

I doubt it was VA Tech. I was just reading this year how this was the first year in awhile that they opened up season ticket sales to the public, because 1500 didn't renew and they didn't have enough on the wait list to pick them up. Maybe it was Pitt or Wake Forest, I do recall something like this about them. And I'd certainly bet this is why there is a spike for Wyoming this year.

Found the VA Tech article: http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/hokies-journal/post/season-ticket-sales-regress-for-virginia-tech-football/2011/06/07/AG21kFLH_blog.html

You're right, I think it was Wake now that you mention it.

I guess I'm an oddball here, but I thought Wyoming's unis looked pretty badass. There's a few combos I wouldn't care for, but overall I'd gladly wear most of them.

Oki lite's new uniforms are just as bad. And they say there are 48 different combinations.

http://www.nikeblog....iforms-amazing/

I'm way off base apparently because I liked the look of these as well. I'd never want NU to get rid of their traditional (or close to traditional anyway) look, but I think think WYO and OSU have some pretty sweet looks at their disposal

i think its pretty lame that it says WYO across the chest like that. Brown and yellow is not a good combo for school colors

Because Red and White are pretty orignal right?

San_Jose_St_Wisconsin_Football.sff2_20100911123221_640_480.JPG

Well, to be fair, nobody said your school colors were unoriginal. Just ugly.

(I actually like your jerseys, though. Honestly.)

Im not really fond of the matte brown helmet.

I do hope many huskers get to come up to Laramie to enjoy the game

Wyoming is a beautiful state, and I have no doubt that any Husker fans that find their way up to Laramie will be treated extraordinarily well. Wyoming was always one of the first teams I'd switch to on my NCAA dynasty after playing with the Huskers for 15-20 seasons or so.

Im not really fond of the matte brown helmet.

I do hope many huskers get to come up to Laramie to enjoy the game

I'll come up there if y'all promise not call every Husker fan a f****t like the last time I was in Laramie for the TCU game ;)

A group of us bought Pitt season tickets a few years back for our trip back east for the Huskers game. Huskers built a big lead early. The game got really tight at the end but I remember spending alot of time watching the flood waters just outside the stadium (didn't ever think the Muddy Mo would do the same thing). Never was able to sell any of the tickets to the other home games.

Found the VA Tech article: http://www.washingto...1kFLH_blog.html