*** Official Husker Yards to Glory Thread ***

15 - Barret Ruud fumble return provides the go ahead score in Pelini's debut as DC against Okie Lite in '03

For consideration:

15 - Rufus Dewitz pass to Dave Noble in the Huskers second win against Notre Dame's Four Horsemen, the first signature win in the newly-opened Memorial Stadium (1923)

• 6 months later...

Ran across this while looking for something else. Filled in some gaps and added video links.

We're only short 38 now. And if anyone has more video links those can be added as well.

Martinez, 38 yd TD run on a QB draw vs. Wisconsin in 2012 (NU Homecoming). Second largest comeback win in NU history. LINK (at 2:25 point)

• Fire 1

• 10 months later...

I was going to say we'd steal the LJS' idea again as they are re-looking at their list and possibly making a few changes. But they did theirs after knapp started this thread so apparently they stole knapp's idea - which he stole from ESPN.

At any rate, the off-season is a good time to look at this again. Looking through the list in the OP brings back some great Husker memories. I've tried to add video links to them so if you find a video let us know. Look through the list again to see if any need updated from the last few years and look through the thread to see if any suggestions that are better than the play on the list got missed.

I think the obvious one to vote on is Joe Walker's 99-yard kickoff return vs. Armstrong-to-Enunwa's 99-yard pass.

My vote would be to replace Walker with Armstrong & Enunwa.

Agreed. The whole thing was awesome. 3rd down, dropped back in the endzone, pass caught in space, defender bounced off like a pinball, and KB running next to him with arms raised for 50 yards or so. Beautiful TD. I would say a 99 yard TD pass is more impressive than a 99 yard TD kickoff return.

I think the obvious one to vote on is Joe Walker's 99-yard kickoff return vs. Armstrong-to-Enunwa's 99-yard pass.

My vote would be to replace Walker with Armstrong & Enunwa.

Agreed. The whole thing was awesome. 3rd down, dropped back in the endzone, pass caught in space, defender bounced off like a pinball, and KB running next to him with arms raised for 50 yards or so. Beautiful TD. I would say a 99 yard TD pass is more impressive than a 99 yard TD kickoff return.

I was able to watch that on a 99-inch HDTV at my cousin's house. Tommy had just allllllmost got that Safety and we were joking that the only way to have a 99-yard TD is to get backed up to the one yard line. Sure enough, next play.... BOOM.

42 - Phillips TD run against Florida 1995

1 - Gotta give it to Brook Berringer for his last TD

Go back and look at that LP run at the 2:50 point in the YouTube. As much as I like Michael Booker, I think LP's run beats out Booker's INT return in that same game against Florida in the '95 OB. I'd say that 42 yard TD of LP's might be one of the top 10 runs ever in NU history. /JMHO

Beanman was wise beyond his years. :lol:

• Fire 1