Obsessed?

I think Iowa fans see this as good opportunity. I don't blame them. I gotta tell you, I think they are going to THRASH us this first year. AND no matter what happens, it will be a hard fought game to the end. Because of this, I think it will be as good of a rivalry as CU or OU has been in the past. I love my huskers, I'll root for 'em until my heart goes, but Iowa is better than alot of us are giving them credit for. You watch, they will have a dominant defense and an average but adequate offense. I know my grammer / sentence structure in this post is 'lacking' but I've got to pee and can't...

They can certainly beat us, there's no question. But "thrash" us? Good lord, where do you come up with that?

I think Iowa fans see this as good opportunity. I don't blame them. I gotta tell you, I think they are going to THRASH us this first year. AND no matter what happens, it will be a hard fought game to the end. Because of this, I think it will be as good of a rivalry as CU or OU has been in the past. I love my huskers, I'll root for 'em until my heart goes, but Iowa is better than alot of us are giving them credit for. You watch, they will have a dominant defense and an average but adequate offense. I know my grammer / sentence structure in this post is 'lacking' but I've got to pee and can't...

They can certainly beat us, there's no question. But "thrash" us? Good lord, where do you come up with that?

Maybe he meant they are going to THRESH us

Maybe he meant they are going to THRESH us

That's funny - my father-in-law pronounces "threshing" as "TRASHING" and it drives me crazy.

Was CU really a rivalry? I more seen it as a series where Colorado played mediocre all year waiting to play us. With most games they might push us for a couple quarters, with sneaking a win buy us once in awhile.

I think you should get to the bathroom - it's starting to impact your thinking...you're spewing out crazy talk.

This the same Iowa that lost to both Northwestern & the dominant Minnesota last year? 2-3 on the road in 2010, and they're coming to Lincoln?

This the same Nebraska that lost to Iowa State 2 years ago and almost lost last year? And yet I seem smart enough to figure out that Nebraska truly is significantly better than Iowa State even though the games against them the past 2 years in isolation wouldn't lead someone to that conclusion.

Iowa isn't relevant in football

Because of cocky attitudes like this given the fact that Iowa has been relevant more recently than Nebraska.

Yes, we're cocky when it comes to Iowa. Probably as a result of beating you the last three times we played and five of the last six. The last time we lost to Iowa most of the members of this board weren't born. Those last three wins were by an average score of 42-7. Most recently in 1999 & 2000, both blowout wins.

Iowa isn't relevant in football

Because of cocky attitudes like this given the fact that Iowa has been relevant more recently than Nebraska.

Yes, we're cocky when it comes to Iowa. Probably as a result of beating you the last three times we played and five of the last six. The last time we lost to Iowa most of the members of this board weren't born. Those last three wins were by an average score of 42-7. Most recently in 1999 & 2000, both blowout wins.

Doh!

I think you should get to the bathroom - it's starting to impact your thinking...you're spewing out crazy talk.

This the same Iowa that lost to both Northwestern & the dominant Minnesota last year? 2-3 on the road in 2010, and they're coming to Lincoln?

This the same Nebraska that lost to Iowa State 2 years ago and almost lost last year? And yet I seem smart enough to figure out that Nebraska truly is significantly better than Iowa State even though the games against them the past 2 years in isolation wouldn't lead someone to that conclusion.

I agree with that to a point. The last two games when they beat us in Lincoln they played a good game and believed in themselfs. Nebraska didn't play that great and had 8 fumbles. I don't care who you are if you have 8 fumbles lost like that you will not win unless the opponent has 9 fumbles and/or started their pep band on the field. Last years game Iowa State again played a good game, so did Nebraska. The reason why it was close and came down to the wire is cause Iowa State had some help from the refs in the game. With out the refs I'd say the game would of probably had a 14 point difference at the end.

Thing is, that obsession seems to go both ways with a few Husker fans. We've just joined a conference that already has three of the top seven all-time winningest football teams, yet I see five times more threads about Iowa than about Ohio State, Michigan and/or Penn State combined.

There's a small section of Husker fans, notably those who live either in Iowa itself or along the Nebraska/Iowa border, for whom hating on Iowa is an obsession. For the most part, those of us who live outside those areas don't care. All this focus on Iowa is mind-boggling, especially when we're in a division with Michigan. And yet nobody wants to talk about Michigan.

Because we've listened to years of "smack" from Iowa. It's an Obsession that stems from wanting to pound their program into the ground like the missouri/iowa state/kansas/kansas state/colorado we know they really are.

Thing is, that obsession seems to go both ways with a few Husker fans. We've just joined a conference that already has three of the top seven all-time winningest football teams, yet I see five times more threads about Iowa than about Ohio State, Michigan and/or Penn State combined.

There's a small section of Husker fans, notably those who live either in Iowa itself or along the Nebraska/Iowa border, for whom hating on Iowa is an obsession. For the most part, those of us who live outside those areas don't care. All this focus on Iowa is mind-boggling, especially when we're in a division with Michigan. And yet nobody wants to talk about Michigan.

Because we've listened to years of "smack" from Iowa. It's an Obsession that stems from wanting to pound their program into the ground like the missouri/iowa state/kansas/kansas state/colorado we know they really are.

I presume you live in or near Iowa, right? Because I live just 50 miles away from Iowa here in Lincoln, and I never, ever hear anything about Iowa football. Ever.