***Official Fall Camp Injuries Thread***

Yeah, and I can't speak for whoever tossed that ACL stuff out there (and then self-edited very quickly). But obviously there was something to the Fonzie rumors, even if the specifics weren't available (for obvious reasons). The only rumor I am talking about is that Fonzie was hurt.

Now we're unsure of if Fonzie will be ready or full-go for the season opener or not.

There was nothing much to laugh about here. "Rumors" started flying around that he was hurt. It turns out that he is hurt. Let's just hope Dennard is OK now or will be soon. I hope it's as small as they say. The most recent stuff from Sam Mckewon tells us it is worse than the "it's fine" that initially followed the first worries. I am starting to think Dennard's tweet was not really about a family matter, though...

Who's laughing? Culhane was scoffing at people for churning the rumor mill... which absolutely happened. I don't see why that's such an issue.

Laughing, scoffing.

Anyways.

All 95huskers did here was share what he'd heard. "Tore ACL" was up for all of maybe 14 minutes before he added, "Now hearing torn quad." What someone hears isn't always right, but perhaps a kudos to 95huskers for being the first to make us all aware of the Fonzie story is in order, rather than characterizing it as 'churning the rumor mill.'

I don't see how a pulled muscle would put someone out "indefinitely". But a torn quad. Marion Barber practically played an entire season with a torn quad. But then again, he gets paid millions to play. How long are we talking about with a torn quad?

Since we don't know it's a torn quad it's hard to speculate. Presumably, using Barber as an example, Dennard wouldn't miss any games with such an injury.

Unfortunately, based on past Bo disclosures about the severity of injuries, Dennard's leg could have been mauled by 17 rabid Bengal tigers and he'd just say "Fonzie is day-to-day." His injury could be completely minor or near-fatal and we would never know.

I did receive bad information about the ACL and was quick to acknowledge that i did so. I did not churn that rumor at all until i was able to get credible information that was not the case and in fact had a deep bruise/or pull. so the acl crap.. is my fault. like i said before i wont be jumping the gun on any type of news until i know it is credible

Haha we were just made fun of on the radio.

Do tell.

Jeff Culhane scoffed at people spreading rumors on internet message boards regarding this "injury". I think I could literally hear him roll his eyes.

Still scoffing, Jeff Culhane?

Sam's latest tweet:

Dennard could miss no games, in theory. Or he might. Bo did say Dennard is doing better than originally thought.

This'll be something to watch...

The rumor still turned out to be untrue.

"Did you hear Knapplc fell off a cliff and died on impact?"

Knapplc: "uh, no I didn't. But I did stub my toe on the coffee table".

"SEE I TOLD YOU!!! SOMETHING HAPPENED!!"

This is the standard backtracking of rumors that turn out to be false.

I was one of the first people to see the "torn ACL" rumor on this board, and I'm completely OK with what 95Huskers did. He heard it was a torn ACL at first, and when you see that posted on a message board you have to assume, "Leg injury" because all that may have happened was somebody close to practice saw Fonzie limp off the field or holding his thigh or knee, then somebody told somebody else that it was a leg injury, and somebody in the middle of that telephone line panicked and said it might be an ACL. That'll happen, especially when there's no confirmation for a couple days from Bo. In these situations, silence always breeds fear.

Furthermore, 95Huskers edited his post almost immediately to take out the ACL part, and said he heard pulled quad. I hate false rumors, but this wasn't really a case of that, it was basically right. It just evolved a little bit as people got more information. The only reason you're upset is if you don't look at every thing that gets posted with at least a little skepticism. The information that was posted on this board, in this particular case, turned out to be way more accurate than what we got from the media (Culhane scoffed, USC said that it was a "family matter").

And now for some real "injury" news, Ty Kildow's departure from the team has flown under the radar so far. Kaipust has an article in today's Weird Harold about Kildow leaving the football team and joining Erstad's baseball team. He had a fine Spring Game, but now he's gone. C'est la vie.

Kildow makes the switch from football to baseball

LINCOLN — Ty Kildow will return to Nebraska this weekend excited about trading his Husker football helmet for a baseball cap.

In some ways, the former Millard South star even feels like a freshman again.

"It gives you that sense of motivation again," Kildow said Wednesday. "A goal out there you want to achieve. That urge to accomplish something again. It's good to have that feeling back."

Kildow completed summer conditioning with the NU football team, but he was thinking hard about lingering trouble with his right knee and perhaps a different opportunity with Husker baseball. He told assistant coach Ron Brown and head coach Bo Pelini of his decision right before football practice began Aug. 6.

Then he went to see Darin Erstad, who was picked to lead the baseball program in June after one year as a volunteer assistant.

"Coach Brown and Coach Pelini, they said they were happy for me and they supported me, but they said they were sorry to see me go because they thought I could still help the team," Kildow said. "But I think I left on good terms."

As a football walk-on, Kildow redshirted in 2009 and then didn't appear in a game last season. The 5-foot-7, 180-pounder moved from receiver to I-back in spring practice.

"Over the course of the summer, I physically felt like the knee injuries were catching up to me," said Kildow, who tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee in June 2008. "For baseball, I can still do everything I used to be able to do."

Poor 95huskers. Now that Bubbageddon 2011 is over, this is all we have to talk about. Sorry, man.

its all good. that is what a guy gets for freaking out like i did when i heard it and not taking a breath and making sure it was correct and credible.

My sister sent me a text when I was work, and I freaked out too and told a couple co-workers that Dennard might be out for the season.

You're not alone in jumping the gun sometimes buddy. ;)

And now for some real "injury" news, Ty Kildow's departure from the team has flown under the radar so far. Kaipust has an article in today's Weird Harold about Kildow leaving the football team and joining Erstad's baseball team. He had a fine Spring Game, but now he's gone. C'est la vie.

Kildow makes the switch from football to baseball

LINCOLN — Ty Kildow will return to Nebraska this weekend excited about trading his Husker football helmet for a baseball cap.

In some ways, the former Millard South star even feels like a freshman again.

"It gives you that sense of motivation again," Kildow said Wednesday. "A goal out there you want to achieve. That urge to accomplish something again. It's good to have that feeling back."

Kildow completed summer conditioning with the NU football team, but he was thinking hard about lingering trouble with his right knee and perhaps a different opportunity with Husker baseball. He told assistant coach Ron Brown and head coach Bo Pelini of his decision right before football practice began Aug. 6.

Then he went to see Darin Erstad, who was picked to lead the baseball program in June after one year as a volunteer assistant.

"Coach Brown and Coach Pelini, they said they were happy for me and they supported me, but they said they were sorry to see me go because they thought I could still help the team," Kildow said. "But I think I left on good terms."

As a football walk-on, Kildow redshirted in 2009 and then didn't appear in a game last season. The 5-foot-7, 180-pounder moved from receiver to I-back in spring practice.

"Over the course of the summer, I physically felt like the knee injuries were catching up to me," said Kildow, who tore the ACL and MCL in his right knee in June 2008. "For baseball, I can still do everything I used to be able to do."

With the stable of backs that we have i wish him the best of luck on the diamond.

Poor 95huskers. Now that Bubbageddon 2011 is over, this is all we have to talk about. Sorry, man.

its all good. that is what a guy gets for freaking out like i did when i heard it and not taking a breath and making sure it was correct and credible.

My sister sent me a text when I was work, and I freaked out too and told a couple co-workers that Dennard might be out for the season.

He could very well be out for the season. I don't trust Bo. <_<

He could very well be out for the season. I don't trust Bo. <_<

You would think so having a broken neck and all.