***Official Fall Camp Injuries Thread***

The bigger blow is Cody Green leaving. It is unusual to have really only two scholarship quarterbacks on the roster. I can't think of another anyway. I guess Spano. Broek has (hopefully still has - his knee is in the hands of our training staff now; oh dear...) a promising future, but wasn't RKIII our #3 guy anyway? Can't see this affecting Turner.

tmart and carnes........after that we are screwed big time...except for Rex..sigh

Two deep at QB is pretty normal for most schools. Name ten D1A schools that would be able to play their third-string QB without any dropoff in productivity. It's just not common.

While it sucks that Broekemeier is gone, let's not totally bum ourselves out here. He was extremely unlikely to see significant playing time anyway. And while it's nice to have a ton of QBs for "depth," that depth is a phantom for the most part.

true, but we need to start developing the next string, i don't know, i guess it just bothers me how many of our qbs get injured, Spano, TM, now this guy, seems it is just getting to be the norm...how much bad luck can preseason hold?

true, but we need to start developing the next string, i don't know, i guess it just bothers me how many of our qbs get injured, Spano, TM, now this guy, seems it is just getting to be the norm...how much bad luck can preseason hold?

Yeah. And not only QBs, but linemen, too. Is it just me or do we annually have as many linemen injured as we had in five years in the 80s and 90s? I don't remember those big hosses getting banged up back in the day. Why are our linemen getting busted up all the time these days? What changed?

That is a mystery to me, big time.

Yeah. And not only QBs, but linemen, too. Is it just me or do we annually have as many linemen injured as we had in five years in the 80s and 90s? I don't remember those big hosses getting banged up back in the day. Why are our linemen getting busted up all the time these days? What changed?

they got hurt. they just weren't pussies. and that's quoting a former lineman from that time.

• Fire 1

they got hurt. they just weren't pussies. and that's quoting a former lineman from that time.

That's awesome, high five to that ex-lineman, and by god if they don't man up this year its time for one more change. Put Cotton in an administrative roll (assistant head coach/bathroom attendant) and bring in Tenopir if he'd be so kind... See if he can teach how to be an Oline to teenagers again (they got it last time) since Barney cant seem to grasp it even though he's had Tenopir consulting what, a few years now?

Some good news is that all the o-linemen that were injured are practicing now, including Jones.

Garrison said they are back to full health.

Really? That isn't what I saw anyway. Jones finally practiced today but Sirles is supposedly still banged-up, and while he should be hitting soon from what I understand his shoulder won't be truly healthy for a while.

I was glad to finally get some good news about the O-line though, hope it's the start of a new trend. chuckleshuffle

I was glad to finally get some good news about the O-line though, hope it's the start of a new trend. chuckleshuffle

Do share. Have heard nothing good about the OL recently and I'm sure we are all dying for some.

I believe he's talking about this:

Some good news is that all the o-linemen that were injured are practicing now, including Jones.

Garrison said they are back to full health.

What started out as a plus for us at q/b, now doesn't look as good. We have no one behind T Martinez with any experience. Did anyone see Cody leaving, I didn't. A few cheap shots at Martinez, not to mention the hits he is going to take on just the regular plays, and we could be in deep trouble. Those B1G opponents know Martinez is the only real experienced qb we have. Carnes is going to need a lot of game time, early on. I hope Beck and Bo put him in a lot in the non conference games, if we get a good lead, and not worry about stats.

GBR!!!

Answer: Bo/Carl Pelini and the #1 defense.

I'm still suprised Marsh hasn't been moved over yet. I'd rather see him #4 on the depth chart and Turner taking more snaps at WR where he can contribute on the field, than moving Turner to QB where he lands at about #3 and has little to no impact on the team. Either Marsh is showing a lot of promise at safety, or the coaches are on crack. And I'm assuming that the Ridder comment was 99% sarcasm. No way they move a true freshman linebacker, that played 8-man football to QB over a guy like Marsh that broke almost every Nebraska state HS record playing against the best competition Nebraska has to offer. (unless of course they are again on crack)