***Official Fall Camp Injuries Thread***

Isn't discussing your team (both positively and negatively) exactly what internet message boards are for?

Maybe I missed something where it says "you're only allowed to say nice things about the team."

Welcome to America, where we're not even allowed to criticize in anonymity because someone might get their feelings hurt. :facepalm:

I know where you live....

Shawn Watson watches you sleep... :ohnoes

Not possible...

Because I AM SHAWN WATSON!!

4d5c4eccf195d.preview-100.jpg

BUM BUM BUM

Isn't discussing your team (both positively and negatively) exactly what internet message boards are for?

Maybe I missed something where it says "you're only allowed to say nice things about the team."

Welcome to America, where we're not even allowed to criticize in anonymity because someone might get their feelings hurt. :facepalm:

I know where you live....

Shawn Watson watches you sleep... :ohnoes

Not possible...

Because I AM SHAWN WATSON!!

4d5c4eccf195d.preview-100.jpg

And you still can't get a girl? Come on now.

All we can do is hope Martinez and Carnes make it through the year.

It's not like that's anything out of the ordinary. Most teams who lose their top two QBs are going to struggle, or they're forced to rely on the talent they have elsewhere. The 1994 team had to start walk-on Matt Turman against a top 20 Kansas State team. I don't think our current 3rd-4th-5th string QBs are less talented or experienced than they were in those days.

Turman was more qualified than a freshman that was playing 8-man football 9 months ago. And Turman went 2-4 (in a game we passed for a total of 52 yards) while we rushed the ball 50 times. I think in today's offense (not that we know much about it) our QB will be required to throw a few more than 4 times. That's a loss in 2011. Just my opinion.

I don't think you're wrong about why we won with Turman, or why we might lose this year with our third string QB, but Matt Turman would lose in 2011 too. Our problem isn't QB depth, it's our depth and talent everywhere else. I also don't think Turman was much more experienced when he got the start than Ron Kellogg III.

If Taylor goes down I'm fine with Carnes being our guy. He's improved a lot this fall and it sounds like hes a very good #2 right now. RK will be listed as #3 but if both TM and BC go down for what looks to be a long period of time Turner will start and RKB will back him up.

it is fine, you have fun questioning. i feel sorry for you, i really do! you probably won't see me again, so on a parting note thanks for being a fan!! passion for the program is great! Just remember: Those that can, DO. those that can't, well slam those that do. have a great season and Go Big Red!!

thanks for helping me hijack this thread in a noble effort to get it locked up. unfortunately, your parting words caused so much pain I probably won't sleep for a week. therapy is almost a guarentee. I had so many dreams of being a Husker football player...but when I couldn't make the 8-man JV team in high school they were quickly snatched from me. you've stirred up so many past emotions I don't know if i'll make it through the day. if I could open the windows in my 4th floor office I'd jump...

Now chris if that is a slam on even-man football, you and I will be havin' some words. And I got about 8 cold ones in me so the Western Nebraska fighting style will be coming out.

PaulCrewe-1998 Class D1 All-State DB mofos

true, but we need to start developing the next string, i don't know, i guess it just bothers me how many of our qbs get injured, Spano, TM, now this guy, seems it is just getting to be the norm...how much bad luck can preseason hold?

Yeah. And not only QBs, but linemen, too. Is it just me or do we annually have as many linemen injured as we had in five years in the 80s and 90s? I don't remember those big hosses getting banged up back in the day. Why are our linemen getting busted up all the time these days? What changed?

That is a mystery to me, big time.

Answer: Bo/Carl Pelini and the #1 defense.

I'm still suprised Marsh hasn't been moved over yet. I'd rather see him #4 on the depth chart and Turner taking more snaps at WR where he can contribute on the field, than moving Turner to QB where he lands at about #3 and has little to no impact on the team. Either Marsh is showing a lot of promise at safety, or the coaches are on crack. And I'm assuming that the Ridder comment was 99% sarcasm. No way they move a true freshman linebacker, that played 8-man football to QB over a guy like Marsh that broke almost every Nebraska state HS record playing against the best competition Nebraska has to offer. (unless of course they are again on crack)

I heard on the radio that Marsh was taking snaps at QB. I think the staff is taking cues from you.

Yeah, spoke w/ Pelini last night. We got into a fight over 8-man football - it got pretty heated and he walked away yelling. said he felt sorry for me, and that i'm just a hater because I can't do...and those that can't do, just bash those that can. I thought it was settled, but then when I wasn't looking he came back screaming at me. I hit him in the head w/ a bacci ball when he got within about 15 feet. He said it wasn't worth it dodging the other one I was holding, and that he'd give Marsh some snaps. #winning