***Official Fall Camp Injuries Thread***

As I was taking pics of the stadium I saw some of this morning's practice. Fonzie was walking around, barely limping. Take what medical diagnosis you want from that, I suppose.

Also saw Taylor make some nice runs, one particularly around right end, where he didn't look gimpy in the slightest.

Also kinda sorta saw Ameer make a run through traffic. I say "kinda sorta" because it's pretty difficult to see that guy amongst the linemen. He's not tall.

Finally, let nobody ever crack on Carnes' throwing ability by saying he "can't hit the broadside of a barn," because he drilled the side of the Hawks center on a play where none of his receivers were open. Broad side of barn definitely hit. :D

As I was taking pics of the stadium I saw some of this morning's practice. Fonzie was walking around, barely limping. Take what medical diagnosis you want from that, I suppose.

Also saw Taylor make some nice runs, one particularly around right end, where he didn't look gimpy in the slightest.

Also kinda sorta saw Ameer make a run through traffic. I say "kinda sorta" because it's pretty difficult to see that guy amongst the linemen. He's not tall.

Finally, let nobody ever crack on Carnes' throwing ability by saying he "can't hit the broadside of a barn," because he drilled the side of the Hawks center on a play where none of his receivers were open. Broad side of barn definitely hit. :D

So your saying he has 3 broken ribs, fractured spine and a concussion...That's how good I am at reading into it.

Larry Asante just went down in the preseason game against the Pats. Bad tackle by him: put his head down and let the ballcarrier slam into his helmet. Hope he's alright.

And here he was such a solid technician in the tackling department during his time at NU :sarcasm:

...at least he made contact w/ the carrier and didn't completely wiff - he's improving

So whats the status on Dennard and when is he due back ?

I think its unknown. The day it happened I was told they would limit is practice participation for 2-3 weeks and was under the impression he would do some things but not all things in practice. Then Bo has come out and said there is no timeline but he's progressing quickly. I would GUESS if he keeps improving they might let him do some conditioning stuff by the end of next week. The reality of it is that even if he gets back to 90-95% tomorrow why do we use him until we need him? It also wouldn't surprise me if they just kept him out until the week of the first game and check and see how his thigh reacts then.

This probably isn't the politically correct thing, but if he only misses a game or two, it could work out better for us in the long run. Those first two games would allow us to develop some of the younger players and get them some quality playing time. However, I certainly hope that if Dennard isn't healthy by the beginning of the season that he's at least back for Washington.

If there was one position we may be able to take a hit at, it may be at CB. It seems like guys like Green, Ciante and Antonio Bell are all playing VERY well since practices began. Andrew Green may be slightly impressing more than the other guys.

Alfonzo is definitely an incredible player, but it will give the coaches an opportunity to really see who can separate themselves from the other for PT, especially next season. Definitely want Fonzie back to lock down his side of the field, but I can agree with it will give the youngsters a golden opportunity.

Really, really wish Charles Jackson could qualify to get in on this battle too.

So whats the status on Dennard and when is he due back ?

I think its unknown. The day it happened I was told they would limit is practice participation for 2-3 weeks and was under the impression he would do some things but not all things in practice. Then Bo has come out and said there is no timeline but he's progressing quickly. I would GUESS if he keeps improving they might let him do some conditioning stuff by the end of next week. The reality of it is that even if he gets back to 90-95% tomorrow why do we use him until we need him? It also wouldn't surprise me if they just kept him out until the week of the first game and check and see how his thigh reacts then.

I just can't see playing him against Tenn-Chatt. We can afford to be conservative and we have young guys that could use extra reps anyway.