***Official Fall Camp Injuries Thread***

This thread makes me appreciate why Bo hates rumors so much.

That's his own fault.

Agreed. If he would stop saying players are fine or 100% when they're injured then rumors wouldn't run amuck. I know he doesn't have to be nor should he, but being straightforward would really put a lot of rumor mongering to rest.

He does have an ACL tear?

Nope, his knee is completely fine. 95huskers just doesn't need to be apologizing for what he reported. Details are always sketchy initially.

Fonzie is injured ..

Fonzie isn't injured and it's a family thing ..

Fonzie sits out practice ..

Fonzie's injury isn't significant ..

Just Bo being Bo when it comes to what he wants the public to know about his team and players.

He does have an ACL tear?

Nope, his knee is completely fine. 95huskers just doesn't need to be apologizing for what he reported. Details are always sketchy initially.

Fonzie is injured ..

Fonzie isn't injured and it's a family thing ..

Fonzie sits out practice ..

Fonzie's injury isn't significant ..

Just Bo being Bo when it comes to what he wants the public to know about his team and players.

Then yes, the rumor was untrue. I agree 95huskers doesn't need to apologize. It's not his fault some people read Fonzie had a torn ACL, told two people, those two people told two people, then they told two people and so on and so forth until it's all over the interwebz and talk radio.

Initial reports are always sketchy and tough to always be accurate. But remember they had an MRI done around the knee to see the quad tendon to see if it was torn. I'm guessing someone heard an MRI on the knee and they naturally assumed it was the ACL. However, 95 quickly fixed it to a quad injury, which was correct.

But still, I would not be shocked if Fonzie missed a game or two because of his 'pulled' muscle.

Initial reports are always sketchy and tough to always be accurate. But remember they had an MRI done around the knee to see the quad tendon to see if it was torn. I'm guessing someone heard an MRI on the knee and they naturally assumed it was the ACL. However, 95 quickly fixed it to a quad injury, which was correct.

But still, I would not be shocked if Fonzie missed a game or two because of his 'pulled' muscle.

This probably isn't the politically correct thing, but if he only misses a game or two, it could work out better for us in the long run. Those first two games would allow us to develop some of the younger players and get them some quality playing time. However, I certainly hope that if Dennard isn't healthy by the beginning of the season that he's at least back for Washington.

That is the silver lining of it, Hercules. But I think this is still tough news. I hope he can be full speed for every game his senior campaign, especially with the draft coming up. Some early OOC cupcake highlights wouldn't do him harm. Hopefully though, he is not rushed back. In fact, I think we may as well start an online petition on this matter, and cc Kody Spano.

If he needs the time, have him take all the time he needs and then some. And ease his way back in.

Man, you are really hanging onto that one detail, that was corrected less than fifteen minutes after its posting, aren't you? Can't keep pretending that is "the rumor".

It was the rumor that was asked about several hours later on the radio. So obviously whether or not it was corrected here is irrelevant because the rumor already spread. It may not be "the rumor", but it's the one this discussion has been about. The rumor Culhane scoffed at, which turned out to be untrue. The rumor you seemingly took issue with Culhane scoffing at. Or we can pretend we were talking about something else, your call.

To be fair, my wording was really poor by saying "injury" rather than "torn ACL". That probably could have avoided this whole pointless discussion.