NC run, If not this year than in 2013

I feel our two best chances of possibly making a run to the NC either happens this year, or in 2013. This year we will have one of the best defense in the country, and it is much easier to win tough games with a great defense. Just look at our teams the past two years. We had great defense and if our offense had been somewhat potent we could have made a run. This year our offense will be new, but I'm under the belief we will gain steam as the season progresses. Our defense will be good enough to keep us in any game this year, and thats why I believe we have a chance to make a run this year. If not this year, then our next logical year to make a run would be 2013.

In 2013 we get to play the cupcakes of the Leaders division, and we will have one of the best offenses in the nation. Let me lay it down for you. This year we will have a sophomore at QB, 3 talented receivers sophomore and below(Tuner, Bell, and Enunwa), 3 freshman RB(you hope one will emerge), and on the O line we will have TONS of experience. In 2013 Sirles could be in his 4th season of starting at LT, Rodriguez in his 3rd year at RG, Either Pensick or Reeves 2nd year at center, at RG we will most likely have a 3rd year started(I'm thinking Cotton), and then at RT we will have a 2 year starter(unless Tyler Moore steals the spot from Jones this year). Thats something like 117 combined starts! So lets recap. Easier schedule in 2013, potentially awesome offense, and you know the Blackshirts are always stout. 2013 could be a special year!

:bigredn: :bigredn:

In order for NC contention, you also need to have the media finally consider the Big10 as a cupcake conference as well. I personally can't see you guys going undefeated this coming season, but going undefeated isn't always a guaranteed spot in the NC game either.

I feel our two best chances of possibly making a run to the NC either happens this year, or in 2013. This year we will have one of the best defense in the country, and it is much easier to win tough games with a great defense. Just look at our teams the past two years. We had great defense and if our offense had been somewhat potent we could have made a run. This year our offense will be new, but I'm under the belief we will gain steam as the season progresses. Our defense will be good enough to keep us in any game this year, and thats why I believe we have a chance to make a run this year. If not this year, then our next logical year to make a run would be 2013.

In 2013 we get to play the cupcakes of the Leaders division, and we will have one of the best offenses in the nation. Let me lay it down for you. This year we will have a sophomore at QB, 3 talented receivers sophomore and below(Tuner, Bell, and Enunwa), 3 freshman RB(you hope one will emerge), and on the O line we will have TONS of experience. In 2013 Sirles could be in his 4th season of starting at LT, Rodriguez in his 3rd year at RG, Either Pensick or Reeves 2nd year at center, at RG we will most likely have a 3rd year started(I'm thinking Cotton), and then at RT we will have a 2 year starter(unless Tyler Moore steals the spot from Jones this year). Thats something like 117 combined starts! So lets recap. Easier schedule in 2013, potentially awesome offense, and you know the Blackshirts are always stout. 2013 could be a special year!

:bigredn: :bigredn:

I agree with you 2013 may be a special year with the experience we should have on the offensive side of the ball, and our cupcake conference sched. But it's too hard for me to look that far ahead when we don't even know if the current coaching staff will still be here. Lots could happen between now and then. I say we win one this year, just to be on the safe side.

• Fire 1

In order for NC contention, you also need to have the media finally consider the Big10 as a cupcake conference as well.

<_< What?

That makes no sense at all.

If I had to guess, I'd say Coqui meant NOT consider the Big Ten a cupcake conference. That lack of respect has been a talking point on Big Ten forums for a long time.

In order for NC contention, you also need to have the media finally consider the Big10 as a cupcake conference as well.

<_< What?

That makes no sense at all.

If I had to guess, I'd say Coqui meant NOT consider the Big Ten a cupcake conference. That lack of respect has been a talking point on Big Ten forums for a long time.

That thought crossed my mind, but even then it makes no sense. The Big 10 teams always seem to be rated high in the polls. I still think the Pac 10 has more trouble with respect. I think if Ohio State or Wisconsin had gone undefeated last year, Oregon would have been ranked #3.

• Fire 1

Right now it's a bit early to make any distant projections.

Our "run" year was set up to be 2010, but it's passed now.

Our next chance to make a good NC run likely won't be this year. Expectations ought to be tempered for a huge variety of reasons. But the foundation is solid, and we could gear back up for a run again in the not-too-distant future. Hard to put a year on it, though. This is the first year of the 'reset', after all (by that I mean, the first year after a 'run' year), so tons of uncertainty. A year from now we may have a clearer picture.

Right now it's a bit early to make any distant projections.

This comment struck me as funny. Distant projections are always too early

Fair enough! :P

Not sure when 2010 started shaping up to be a run year. Potentially in the offseason before '09. A lot less distance than now and '13 of course.