Jake Cotton

EZ-E

If what we have been hearing is true, I think a lot of us, me included need to come forward and say I was wrong.

I scratched my head at the offer and wanted us to give it to Denton Simek especially when we were running low on schollys. There are not too many kids that in their RS FR year are talked about as potential starters. I would venture to say that Simek is not being touted as one.

Although he hasn't played yet, the thought of him even being mentioned for PT is a huge improvement from what I ever expected him to be. If he does start, he will have beaten out quite a few good football players.

Jake, Good for you!

If what we have been hearing is true, I think a lot of us, me included need to come forward and say I was wrong.

I scratched my head at the offer and wanted us to give it to Denton Simek especially when we were running low on schollys. There are not too many kids that in their RS FR year are talked about as potential starters. I would venture to say that Simek is not being touted as one.

Although he hasn't played yet, the thought of him even being mentioned for PT is a huge improvement from what I ever expected him to be. If he does start, he will have beaten out quite a few good football players.

Jake, Good for you!

I don't remember you complaining about JC but its cool that you started this thread. This is my thought, the coaches have a pretty good idea what they are doing when it comes to offering kids. I also think that playing for your dad would just make you play that much harder. This could is EXACTLY what they want, fast feet, good hips and can move. Lots of pulling this year, LOTS.

I always like your info, especially in the recruiting stuff. I have coached for a long time and have had a few guys go to NU to play, starters and NFL guys, I usually trust the coaches judgment when it comes to players.

I think this is a cool thread you started. I mean that.

He wasn't exactly a slouch in HS.

Cotton's play in 2009 earned him first-team All-Nebraska honors from the Omaha World-Herald and first-team Super-State honors from the Lincoln Journal Star. Both papers selected him to their all-state teams as an offensive lineman. Cotton was the first scholarship signee for Nebraska from Lincoln Southeast since Bo Ruud and Andy Birkel joined the program in 2003.

Cotton gained more than 40 pounds between his junior and senior season. As a junior, he played tight end and defensive end for the Knights. Cotton was ranked among the top 50 players in the Midlands Region by Super Prep Magazine.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204880453

There was tons of hand-ringing over this offer. There is a lot of crow to be had for sure, EZ you are one of the quality posters who will actually not let pride blind reality. There are quite a few that will never actually admit that the scholarship was worth it. They will still cling onto the claim that Barney should of just paid their way.

He wasn't exactly a slouch in HS.

Cotton's play in 2009 earned him first-team All-Nebraska honors from the Omaha World-Herald and first-team Super-State honors from the Lincoln Journal Star. Both papers selected him to their all-state teams as an offensive lineman. Cotton was the first scholarship signee for Nebraska from Lincoln Southeast since Bo Ruud and Andy Birkel joined the program in 2003.

Cotton gained more than 40 pounds between his junior and senior season. As a junior, he played tight end and defensive end for the Knights. Cotton was ranked among the top 50 players in the Midlands Region by Super Prep Magazine.

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=204880453

Hell you would have thought if he rated one of the bottom 50 players in the Midlands and LOST 40 pounds with the way some guys on some sites reacted.

There was tons of hand-ringing over this offer. There is a lot of crow to be had for sure, EZ you are one of the quality posters who will actually not let pride blind reality. There are quite a few that will never actually admit that the scholarship was worth it. They will still cling onto the claim that Barney should of just paid their way.

In my opinion, even though Barney's salary would allow him to put his three boys through NU with no scholarship; if the kid is deserving of a scholarhip you give him the scholarship. I dont care if he is Gordon Gekko's kid.

I expect Jake to be in our two deep if not start this year. That only means good things. Hopefully Jake is just a product of the new Stai-Garrison system. Love to be able to take 2 star talent and turn them into all conference players like Tenopir did in the 90s.

In my opinion, even though Barney's salary would allow him to put his three boys through NU with no scholarship; if the kid is deserving of a scholarhip you give him the scholarship. I dont care if he is Gordon Gekko's kid.

I expect Jake to be in our two deep if not start this year. That only means good things. Hopefully Jake is just a product of the new Stai-Garrison system. Love to be able to take 2 star talent and turn them into all conference players like Tenopir did in the 90s.

Blue Horseshoe loves Anacott Steal!

I've also been a Jake Cotton nay sayer. Although I think the jury is still out I've always been open to being proven wrong. I just want what's best for the team and of course Husker football in general. If Jakes wins the job, performs well and proves me wrong than I'll happily eat crow!

Jake, Good for you!

Classy post EZ-E!

Sounds like the kid is tearing things up. Getting playing time with all those young, vicious linemen we have stacked on top of each other is really saying something.