Who is your 2nd favorite Big Ten team?

Moiraine

whoever is playing Iowa that weekend.

Well since ya beat me to the easy answer.

I'll throw out the Fighting Zookers. Nate Scheelhouse is a great young talent to watch. My second favorite B1G QB to watch other than Persa. Really wish he would've ended up here(was the QB I craved the most that year). Don't sleep on the fighting Zookers this year.

Wisconsin. They are kind of retro - real smash-mouth football. And since they modeled themselves after the Huskers, you kind of have to like 'em.

You might want to rethink that.

Why's that sports fan?

"Bielema played college football at the University of Iowa from 1989 to 1992, where he earned four letters and a bachelor's degree in marketing, as well as got a Tiger Hawk tattoo on his leg. He went on to play for the Milwaukee Mustangs, a team in the Arena Football League. Bret developed his patented "Bielema Smug" during his Iowa days.

Bielema was an assistant coach at the University of Iowa from 1993 to 2001."

He tweaked a few things, but. Thats why everybody says Wisky is so much like Iowa.

"Bielema played college football at the University of Iowa from 1989 to 1992, where he earned four letters and a bachelor's degree in marketing, as well as got a Tiger Hawk tattoo on his leg. He went on to play for the Milwaukee Mustangs, a team in the Arena Football League. Bret developed his patented "Bielema Smug" during his Iowa days.

He tweaked a few things, but. Thats why everybody says Wisky is so much like Iowa.

You dunce, where did the guy Bielema replaced and his current boss(that would be the AD) go to college and then what state said AD began coaching in? And then take a big guess on what he based the groundwork of Wisconsin's football program on upon being named coach. Once you connect the two, you'll realize what the hell is being talked about. Said AD has even said this on many occassions.

I can't say I know a lot about any of the teams, but I think Northwestern is probably my favorite outside of Nebraska. I like watching their coach talk. I like their uniforms. I like that they are competitive even though they are at a disadvantage in recruiting. I like that when they line up they look like a high school team because most of their players are smaller than the guy opposite of them, but despite that they still give most teams a run for their money.

Runner-up: Wisconsin. I don't really have a good reason. I just like Barry Alvarez, and I haven't been annoyed by their fans yet. Or perhaps I should say, I haven't been as annoyed by their fans as I have been by some other teams :P

If you can catch the replay of the 2010 Outback Bowl NW vs Auburn on the BTN, watch it. 11 white boys (looks like anytown USA affluent suburban HS team) vs 11 african americans many with dread locks that trash talked, got unsportsmanlike penalties, etc. NW took them to OT and should have won but a cheap shot on the NW K forced them to go for 2 in OT and didn't make it. NW QB Persa? had like 500 yards passing against Auburn.

My second favorite team is Nebraska. I liked them since they beat Tenn in the 1998 Orange Bowl. I hated Peyton Manning and Tenn then and Nebraska absolutely crushed them. I have always liked Nebraska's helmet too. NU helmet is in my top 5 with OSU, Penn State, Mich and Arizona State.

You dunce, where did the guy Bielema replaced and his current boss(that would be the AD) go to college and then what state said AD began coaching in? And then take a big guess on what he based the groundwork of Wisconsin's football program on upon being named coach. Once you connect the two, you'll realize what the hell is being talked about. Said AD has even said this on many occassions.

Paul, enough with the name-calling, please. Remember the board rules - no personal attacks. Thanks.

Was going to mention the name-calling but AR beat me to it. One of our biggest rules, folks. Cannot do this.

Wisconsin. They are kind of retro - real smash-mouth football. And since they modeled themselves after the Huskers, you kind of have to like 'em.

You might want to rethink that.

Why's that sports fan?

Wow. Unintentionally funny posting at its finest. :laughpound

Who is this everyone you speak of?

I have never heard anybody say Wisconsin is modeled after Iowa. Barry Alvarez himself has said he's modeled his football philosophies and running a program based on what he went through at Nebraska. Bielema has carried on much of Barry's philosophy about running a football program.

To the best of my knowledge, Alvarez has never said anything about it, but many many Badger fans have speculated that the reason Wisconsin's unis resemble Nebraska's so much nowadays (especially with the brighter red) is because of Barry's Husker background.

Meanwhile, carry on with your discussion. I think Nebraska is my new second-favorite B1G team.

• Fire 1

I have never heard anybody say Wisconsin is modeled after Iowa. Barry Alvarez himself has said he's modeled his football philosophies and running a program based on what he went through at Nebraska. Bielema has carried on much of Barry's philosophy about running a football program.

To the best of my knowledge, Alvarez has never said anything about it, but many many Badger fans have speculated that the reason Wisconsin's unis resemble Nebraska's so much nowadays (especially with the brighter red) is because of Barry's Husker background.

Meanwhile, carry on with your discussion. I think Nebraska is my new second-favorite B1G team.

Winner, winner, chicken dinner...

Hopefully Wisconsin, will become our Oklahoma, while Iowa, will be our Colorado...

I think I should correct Walksalone's comment:

I (and he too) hopes Nebraska becomes Wisconsin's OU (afterall, great rivalry with shared respect but OU has the lead in wins.) I'm ok with a mutually respected foe like Wisc provided we "own" the win/loss column. :)

BTW... I, my kids and better half will be in Madison for our first B1G game. Will wait till after that experience before saying Whisky is my 2nd favorite.

OK - I have to ask. Is the fascination with Wisconsin simply due to the fact that their athletic director is from Nebraska? Everyone here realizes that Wisconsin = Iowa as far as on the field success right? You can't get much more equal than Iowa and Wisconsin.

42-42-2 all time record.

Wisconsin has 12 conference titles to Iowa's 11.

Wisconsin 1 in the last decade, Iowa 2.

Wisconsin 7 BCS level bowls with a 3-4 record. Iowa 7 BCS level bowls with a 3-4 record (Iowa 1-1 in BCS era, Wisconsin 0-1)

Wisconsin 11-11 all time bowl record. Iowa 14-10-1.

Both teams have 4 ten win seasons in the past decade.

Both head coaches learned under Fry.

I could keep going with the comparisons - but it just gets silly how similar they are which is why the Wisconsin love and Iowa bashing just confuse me.