Our own worst enemy

So the past few or so years our offense has been its own worst enemy with false starts, fumbles, dropped passes, delay of game penalties, and so on. Which of these problems are most important to fix, in turn helping us find some consistency?

IMO, it's vital that we cut down big time on the false starts and mental lapses along the O-line. Too many times we have put ourselves in 3rd and long after being 3rd and short which makes it that much tougher on the QB to make the proper adjustments and complete the needed pass. With a back like Burkhead, a yard or two is almost a gimme.

Thoughts?

Coach Beck after todays practice.

One aspect the Huskers have put added emphasis on is limiting turnovers. Beck has implemented different drills to help the Huskers decrease the number of turnovers this fall.

"We're really putting a focus on emphasizing it," Beck said. "We're doing a lot of radical things to change that. We have to do something different to hang onto it. It is part of the game, but you want to eliminate it as much as you can. We want our guys to play faster and play hard. Our defense does a great job in practice of constantly working to strip the ball. We get work at it every day, since our defense is as good as it gets."

http://www.huskers.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=100&ATCLID=205240377

Well maybe if he had an Oline that was not a sive half the year after he was hurt, another QB that could have played the game well enough to replace a QB with high ankle sprain and turf toe, it would not be his fault.

Actually it goes back to coaching and recruiting, the lack there of for a couple of years.

I doubt there is a single person on the forum that could have handled what a Freshman did last year, a poor OC, a head coach that wanted him the game no matter how bad he was hurt, and a fan base that hated a Freshman All American. Simply unbelieveable, what this kid has been through, and it appears to be starting all over before the first game.

Just great!!!!!

Well maybe if he had an Oline that was not a sive half the year after he was hurt, another QB that could have played the game well enough to replace a QB with high ankle sprain and turf toe, it would not be his fault.

Actually it goes back to coaching and recruiting, the lack there of for a couple of years.

I doubt there is a single person on the forum that could have handled what a Freshman did last year, a poor OC, a head coach that wanted him the game no matter how bad he was hurt, and a fan base that hated a Freshman All American. Simply unbelieveable, what this kid has been through, and it appears to be starting all over before the first game.

Just great!!!!!

Pretty sure the knocks here were on Cotton being piss poor. I read the Tmart thing as a joke.

Just great!!!!!

A little over-the-top don't you think? I wouldn't say the fan base HATED him. We expressed some concerns and the fact that he was hurt was frustrating but I believe that was compounded by the fact that Lee got hurt right after and we didn't have many options but to play a qb whose strength was negated by injury.