So what would you choose?

Foppa

68 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The only downer of taking the money is the chance of being buried in the minors never seeing the big leagues.

Yeah, but you'd have enough money to buy a twelve of Schlitz every day for the rest of your life to console you.

Top 10 picks usually don't get buried in the minors. They try to move them along unless they are a complete flop/injury plagued.

The only downer of taking the money is the chance of being buried in the minors never seeing the big leagues.

Yeah, but you'd have enough money to buy a twelve of Schlitz every day for the rest of your life to console you.

Top 10 picks usually don't get buried in the minors. They try to move them along unless they are a complete flop/injury plagued.

I think it's safe to assume both holvy and I know that, and that we were both talking about this in the event that Bubba is a complete flop. ;)

Sorry but you can't go back to school and play football...I know I know...chris weinke...but seriously. The Husker experience may not be the same 4 years from now....and then again baseball may not be an option if you blow out your throwing shoulder.

Bottom line for me were I Bubba is this...If I believe I can be the man at Nebraska I play ball because Nebraska (the state) takes care of it's players LONG after they graduate. Look at Tommie Frazier. He still makes money on Luncheon's and signings around the area.

Brandon Weeden

Brent Brewer

Matt Mauck

Akili Smith

There are many guys who have played farm system baseball and come back to college.

I know it's possible but nothing is guaranteed. Bo might not be here (heaven forbid), We could be stocked at QB in a a few years...how long would his contract be with KC?

Edit: and if this decision were 10 or 15 years ago he may lean more toward football. Now with an unstable economy and a lot of emphasis being placed on injuries in this sport....

boy that would be rough wouldn't it ;)

I think it's safe to assume both holvy and I know that, and that we were both talking about this in the event that Bubba is a complete flop. ;)

correct :thumbs

correct :thumbs

My point was as the #5 player taken and the amount of money the Royals will have invested in him, he is going to have less of a chance to be lost in the minor league system. The Royals organization will go out of their way and pay extra attention to give him every chance to succeed.

Weinke is often mentioned as someone that came back to football, but he was the 62nd pick in the MLB draft that year with a lot less invested by the team.

My point was as the #5 player taken and the amount of money the Royals will have invested in him, he is going to have less of a chance to be lost in the minor league system. The Royals organization will go out of their way and pay extra attention to give him every chance to succeed.

Weinke is often mentioned as someone that came back to football, but he was the 62nd pick in the MLB draft that year with a lot less invested by the team.

That's not an in-valid point, and likely Bubba wouldn't flop in MLB, but then again, many top picks don't ever make it to The Show.

I think all anyone is saying is that we'll take Bubba back - or he can go play college ball at any other school - if his MLB career fizzles. We're saying take the money, guarantee the rest of your life, and see what happens from there.

That's not an in-valid point, and likely Bubba wouldn't flop in MLB, but then again, many top picks don't ever make it to The Show.

I think all anyone is saying is that we'll take Bubba back - or he can go play college ball at any other school - if his MLB career fizzles. We're saying take the money, guarantee the rest of your life, and see what happens from there.

Agree.