The Husker Uniform Thread

knapplc

So, I've made it clear this isn't my favorite subject, but I understand that several people like to talk about what we're wearing, whether that's a change in shoes or helmets or whatever. Some folks like to be staunchly conservative, some would like to see more Nike-like change. So here's a thread to talk about uniform changes, whatever they may be.

We've already seen the gloves they got in this year in THIS THREAD.

Now I bring you the latest and greatest - New shoes!

Pro Model with redesigned shell toe

Black shoe with Crick's number on the back

The shoes Crick wore for his SI Cover shoot

I could care less - but I know that it matters a lot to that 16-18 year old kid we're trying to recruit...

This is something I don't get, either. Kids really care about the uniform, gloves, shoes, etc? I didn't when I was 18, but if that's what helps land a recruit, I guess you gotta play that game.

I could care less - but I know that it matters a lot to that 16-18 year old kid we're trying to recruit...

This is something I don't get, either. Kids really care about the uniform, gloves, shoes, etc? I didn't when I was 18, but if that's what helps land a recruit, I guess you gotta play that game.

And they LOVE that iPad in their locker. Yet from the looks of it, it's stationary and can't even be removed/used. It's just got their name/number, etc. Anyone been in the locker room to figure out what that thing is there for? Twitter updates during the game?

See at 3:30. When asked about them, Kinnie even goes so far as to say "this is nebraska, this is what we're all about". Once again, that "image" is crucial. Didn't see em touring the academic center did ya? :)

And they LOVE that iPad in their locker. Yet from the looks of it, it's stationary and can't even be removed/used. It's just got their name/number, etc. Anyone been in the locker room to figure out what that thing is there for? Twitter updates during the game?

See at 3:30. When asked about them, Kinnie even goes so far as to say "this is nebraska, this is what we're all about". Once again, that "image" is crucial. Didn't see em touring the academic center did ya? :)

The main reason for them is so players and coaches can communicate through email before and after practices.

Since were on the subject of the uniforms. Has anyone seen where/if you can buy the new gloves yet?

Couldn't agree more. Recruits do care, not all of them I'm sure, but if enough of them do than why not. I actually love the shoes, nothing wrong with a little flash. Wish we had cleats like that when I was playing in high school.

I really dont care for the white Cleats.. The red and Black ones are nice.. Now I know how this goes as far as wanting to look fly lol.. My 2 boys are 8 and 9 and this is their first year of football.. Football is my sport so Ill admit it ill spoil them when it come to quipment. My oldest plays D-line and he wanted the facemask Suh wears.. He got it.. jalen is playing Wr and Lb he wants T-majics facemask.. Damn it was a custon order but he got it.. They said they want to look good out their lol..

• Fire 1