Four Huskers Granted Scholarships

knapplc

Pelini Places Four Players on Scholarship

Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini has awarded scholarships to four members of the Husker football program. Former walk-ons earning scholarships include senior I-back Austin Jones, senior fullback Tyler Legate, senior defensive back Lance Thorell and junior long snapper P.J. Mangieri.

Pelini said it was rewarding to be able to add the four players to scholarship before the start of the 2011 season and commended their well-rounded work as members of the football program.

"These four young men are very deserving of being placed on scholarship," Pelini said. "They come from different backgrounds and different circumstances, but each of them represents what Nebraska football is all about. They have worked hard and done the right things on and off the field. The walk-on program has been a vital part of the success here for decades, and it will continue to be very important for us into the future."

Meno Holt, AJ's big brother, tweeted about how proud he was of his little brother last night. Congratulations to all four guys. :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn:

Pelini Places Four Players on Scholarship

Nebraska Head Coach Bo Pelini has awarded scholarships to four members of the Husker football program. Former walk-ons earning scholarships include senior I-back Austin Jones, senior fullback Tyler Legate, senior defensive back Lance Thorell and junior long snapper P.J. Mangieri.

Pelini said it was rewarding to be able to add the four players to scholarship before the start of the 2011 season and commended their well-rounded work as members of the football program.

"These four young men are very deserving of being placed on scholarship," Pelini said. "They come from different backgrounds and different circumstances, but each of them represents what Nebraska football is all about. They have worked hard and done the right things on and off the field. The walk-on program has been a vital part of the success here for decades, and it will continue to be very important for us into the future."

Meno Holt, AJ's big brother, tweeted about how proud he was of his little brother last night. Congratulations to all four guys. :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn: :bigredn:

Where the hell have I been? I had no idea that was his brother

Anyway, congrats to those 4 guys!

Stunned May wasn't on this list. Also suprised Mangieri picked one up considering how short we are next year on schollys. We now have 15 seniors on scholarhip I think. Does this put us at 85, or 84 waiting on Jackson to qualify? Assuming we have some attrition, we're looking at 18 or so next year? That's about par for the course w/ the way Bo redshirts. Not bad.

might be the best Pelini quote to date:

• Fire 1