Bo says Brion Carnes number 2 QB

all the eggs in TM's basket again........1 good QB with experience,1 good RB with experience, an offensive line that is questionable, defense gonna have to play lights out...again this year.....sigh

^^^This^^^. Add in new O.C. and question marks at receiver.

Also I know I will get slammed for this but I haven't seen enough from TM to call him good yet. To me Joe Ganz qualified as good. I'd kill to have Ganz and swift back with our current D.

Well gee, I wonder.....how "good" was Ganz as a freshman? Soph? Junior?

• Fire 1

all the eggs in TM's basket again........1 good QB with experience,1 good RB with experience, an offensive line that is questionable, defense gonna have to play lights out...again this year.....sigh

Also I know I will get slammed for this but I haven't seen enough from TM to call him good yet. To me Joe Ganz qualified as good. I'd kill to have Ganz and swift back with our current D.

Obviously he was just as good then as he was as a SR but Billy C didn't want to play him or he would have never had the chance to get Keller to transfer.

Obviously he was just as good then as he was as a SR but Billy C didn't want to play him or he would have never had the chance to get Keller to transfer.

So he wouldnt have gotten any better from a Frosh to a Senior? IDK about that. Everyone improves phyically and menatally in 4 or 5 years. What i think bshirt is saying is that Taylor is only going to get better with maturity and experience.

So he wouldnt have gotten any better from a Frosh to a Senior? IDK about that. Everyone improves phyically and menatally in 4 or 5 years. What i think bshirt is saying is that Taylor is only going to get better with maturity and experience.

I'm pretty sure skers was being sarcastic.

I'm pretty sure skers was being sarcastic.

Never. :thumbs

Valid point. I agree TM should improve with each new year of experience. That said, I personally wouldn't call him good based on last year.

Valid point. I agree TM should improve with each new year of experience. That said, I personally wouldn't call him good based on last year.

Oh I know... Now how many frosh QB records did he break again? :)

To pile on what Joe stated, this is Taylor's Honors & Awards list as a Freshman:

Honors & Awards

First-Team Freshman All-American (Rivals.com)

Second-Team Freshman All-American (CollegeFootballNews.com)

Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year (Coaches, Rivals.com)

Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year (AP, Dallas Morning News, Kansas City Star, San Antonio News-Express, Fort Worth Star-Telegram)

Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches, AP)

Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award Semifinalist (1 of 16)

Maxwell Award Semifinalist (1 of 16)

Manning Award Midseason Watch List Addition

Walter Camp National Player of the Week (Oct. 23 at Oklahoma State)

Four-Time Rivals.com National Freshman of the Week (WKU, UW, KSU, OSU)

Two-Time Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (at Kansas State, at Oklahoma State)

School Record Single-Game Rushing Yards by a Quarterback (241 at Kansas St., Oct. 7)

Here's Zac Lee's as a Senior:

Honors & Awards

First-Team Academic All-Big 12 (2009, 2010)

Big 12 Commissioner’s Fall Academic Honor Roll (2008, 2009, 2010)

Big 12 Commissioner’s Spring Academic Honor Roll (2008, 2009, 2010)

Brook Berringer Citizenship Team (2010)

Scout Team Offensive MVP (2007)

Here's Joe Ganz' from his entire career:

Honors & Awards

Holds 23 Nebraska School Records

NU Single-Game Record Holder for Passing Yards (510),

Total Offense (528) and Passing TDs (7)

Nebraska Season Record Holder for Passing Yards,

Pass Completions and Total Offense

Second at Nebraska in Career Passing Yards and Touchdown Passes

2008 First-Team Academic All-Big 12

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (2007 vs. Kansas State; 2008 vs. Kansas State)

2008 Tom Novak Trophy Winner

2008 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Watch List

Four-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)

Three-Time Big 12 Commissioner’s Fall Academic Honor Roll (2005, 2007, 2008)

2008 Brook Berringer Citizenship Team

2004 Nebraska Offensive Scout Team MVP

Here's Zac Taylor's for his entire career:

Honors & Awards

NU Single-Season Record Holder for Passing Yards (2,486), Completions (233) and Attempts (399)

NU-Single Game Record Holder for Passing Yards (431), Completions (36), Attempts (55) and Total Offense (433)

2006 Maxwell Award Watch List

2006 Manning Award Watch List

2006 Preseason Second-Team All-Big 12 (Lindy’s)

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (10-3 vs. Iowa State)

SI.com National Player of the Week (11-28 vs. Colorado)

2006 Big 12 Commissioner’s Spring Academic Honor Roll

2006 Brook Berringer Citizenship Team

Here's Jammal Lord's entire career:

Honors & Awards

Sixth-round NFL Draft pick by Houston Texans (175th overall selection)

2003 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches0

2003 Nebraska Team Captain

Third at Nebraska in Total Offense (5,421 yards)

2002 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches)

NU Single-Game Record for Quarterback Rushing (234 yards vs. Texas, 2002)

Nebraska Season Total Offense Record (2,774 yards in 20020

NU Single-Game Total Offense Record (369 yards vs. McNeese State, 2002)

NU Season Record for Rushing Yards by a Quarterback (1,412 yards in 2002)

2003 Big 12 Commissioner's Fall Academic Honor Roll

And here's Eric Crouch's entire career:

Honors & Awards

2001 Heisman Trophy Winner

2001 Walter Camp Player of the Year

2001 Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award Winner

2001 Sporting News National Offensive Player of the Year

2001 ABC/Chevrolet National Player of the Year

2001 First-Team All-American (AP, AFCA, The Sporting News, ABC Sports Online)

2001 Football News Offensive Player of the Year Semifinalist

2001 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (Coaches, AP, Kansas City Star, Austin American Statesman, Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star Telegram, San Antonio News Express, Waco Tribune Herald)

2001 First-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches, AP, KC Star, AAS, DMN, FWST, SANE, WTH)

2001 USAToday.com National Player of the Week (Sept. 24)

2001 Co-Guy Chamberlain Award Winner

2001 NACDA Pigskin Classic MVP ($5,000 Postgraduate Scholarship)

2001 Team Co-Captain

2000 Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award Semifinalist

2000 Football News Offensive Player of the Year Semifinalist

2000 Third-Team All-American (Collegefootballnews.com)

2000 Second-Team All-Big 12 (AP, The Sporting News, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle)

2000 Fiesta Bowl MVP vs. Tennessee

1999 Big 12 Co-Offensive Player of the Year (Coaches)

1999 Co-First-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches)

1999 Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll

Eight-Time Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (2 in 1999, 3 in 2000, 3 in 2001)

16-time TV Player of the Game (13 by ABC, 1 by NBC and 1 by Fox Sports Net; 1 by Big 12 Syndicated; 1 in 1998, 6 in 1999, 4 in 2000, 5 in 2001)

Crouch's Records

NCAA record for career rushing TD's by a QB (59)

13th player in NCAA history to rush and pass for 1,000 yards in a season (1,115 rushing, 1,510 passing)

One of three quarterbacks in NCAA Division 1-A history to rush for 3,000 yards and pass for 4,000 yards in a career

Tied an NCAA scoring record by scoring a TD via run, pass, reception in the same game (vs. Cal, 1999)

Longest run in NU history (95 yards) at Missouri, Sept. 29, 2001

Owns Nebraska career record for total-offense yards with 7,915, including a school and Big 12 record for most rushing yards by a quarterback (3,434), while ranking third in career passing (4,481)

School record holder with 88 total-offense touchdowns

Regular-season school record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a game (191 yards) at Missouri, Sept. 29, 2001

Tied school records for most TD passes in a game (5 vs. Iowa, 2000); most rushing TD's in a game by a quarterback (4 vs. Kansas and Iowa State, 2001); and set a QB record for most rushing TDs in a season (20, 2000)

Set school records for most rushing attempts in a season for a QB (203, 2001); most total-offense yards by a sophomore (2,158); tied school record for most rushing attempts in a game for a quarterback (27 vs. KSU, 1999)

When you have to go back half a dozen quarterbacks to a Heisman Trophy winner/National Championship contender before you can find someone whose career honors/awards list exceeds that of a Freshman, I'd say that Freshman did all right.

NOTE - I didn't include Keller's because it wasn't worth noting. He broke very few records.

• Fire 1

To pile on what Joe stated, this is Taylor's Honors & Awards list as a Freshman:

Honors & Awards

First-Team Freshman All-American (Rivals.com)

Second-Team Freshman All-American (CollegeFootballNews.com)

Big 12 Offensive Freshman of the Year (Coaches, Rivals.com)

Big 12 Offensive Newcomer of the Year (AP, Dallas Morning News, Kansas City Star, San Antonio News-Express, Fort Worth Star-Telegram)

Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches, AP)

Davey O'Brien National Quarterback Award Semifinalist (1 of 16)

Maxwell Award Semifinalist (1 of 16)

Manning Award Midseason Watch List Addition

Walter Camp National Player of the Week (Oct. 23 at Oklahoma State)

Four-Time Rivals.com National Freshman of the Week (WKU, UW, KSU, OSU)

Two-Time Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (at Kansas State, at Oklahoma State)

School Record Single-Game Rushing Yards by a Quarterback (241 at Kansas St., Oct. 7)

Here's Zac Lee's as a Senior:

Honors & Awards

First-Team Academic All-Big 12 (2009, 2010)

Big 12 Commissioner’s Fall Academic Honor Roll (2008, 2009, 2010)

Big 12 Commissioner’s Spring Academic Honor Roll (2008, 2009, 2010)

Brook Berringer Citizenship Team (2010)

Scout Team Offensive MVP (2007)

Here's Joe Ganz' from his entire career:

Honors & Awards

Holds 23 Nebraska School Records

NU Single-Game Record Holder for Passing Yards (510),

Total Offense (528) and Passing TDs (7)

Nebraska Season Record Holder for Passing Yards,

Pass Completions and Total Offense

Second at Nebraska in Career Passing Yards and Touchdown Passes

2008 First-Team Academic All-Big 12

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (2007 vs. Kansas State; 2008 vs. Kansas State)

2008 Tom Novak Trophy Winner

2008 Johnny Unitas Golden Arm Award Watch List

Four-Time Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll (2005, 2006, 2007, 2008)

Three-Time Big 12 Commissioner’s Fall Academic Honor Roll (2005, 2007, 2008)

2008 Brook Berringer Citizenship Team

2004 Nebraska Offensive Scout Team MVP

Here's Zac Taylor's for his entire career:

Honors & Awards

NU Single-Season Record Holder for Passing Yards (2,486), Completions (233) and Attempts (399)

NU-Single Game Record Holder for Passing Yards (431), Completions (36), Attempts (55) and Total Offense (433)

2006 Maxwell Award Watch List

2006 Manning Award Watch List

2006 Preseason Second-Team All-Big 12 (Lindy’s)

Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (10-3 vs. Iowa State)

SI.com National Player of the Week (11-28 vs. Colorado)

2006 Big 12 Commissioner’s Spring Academic Honor Roll

2006 Brook Berringer Citizenship Team

Here's Jammal Lord's entire career:

Honors & Awards

Sixth-round NFL Draft pick by Houston Texans (175th overall selection)

2003 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches0

2003 Nebraska Team Captain

Third at Nebraska in Total Offense (5,421 yards)

2002 Honorable-Mention All-Big 12 (Coaches)

NU Single-Game Record for Quarterback Rushing (234 yards vs. Texas, 2002)

Nebraska Season Total Offense Record (2,774 yards in 20020

NU Single-Game Total Offense Record (369 yards vs. McNeese State, 2002)

NU Season Record for Rushing Yards by a Quarterback (1,412 yards in 2002)

2003 Big 12 Commissioner's Fall Academic Honor Roll

And here's Eric Crouch's entire career:

Honors & Awards

2001 Heisman Trophy Winner

2001 Walter Camp Player of the Year

2001 Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award Winner

2001 Sporting News National Offensive Player of the Year

2001 ABC/Chevrolet National Player of the Year

2001 First-Team All-American (AP, AFCA, The Sporting News, ABC Sports Online)

2001 Football News Offensive Player of the Year Semifinalist

2001 Big 12 Offensive Player of the Year (Coaches, AP, Kansas City Star, Austin American Statesman, Dallas Morning News, Fort Worth Star Telegram, San Antonio News Express, Waco Tribune Herald)

2001 First-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches, AP, KC Star, AAS, DMN, FWST, SANE, WTH)

2001 USAToday.com National Player of the Week (Sept. 24)

2001 Co-Guy Chamberlain Award Winner

2001 NACDA Pigskin Classic MVP ($5,000 Postgraduate Scholarship)

2001 Team Co-Captain

2000 Davey O'Brien Quarterback Award Semifinalist

2000 Football News Offensive Player of the Year Semifinalist

2000 Third-Team All-American (Collegefootballnews.com)

2000 Second-Team All-Big 12 (AP, The Sporting News, Dallas Morning News, Houston Chronicle)

2000 Fiesta Bowl MVP vs. Tennessee

1999 Big 12 Co-Offensive Player of the Year (Coaches)

1999 Co-First-Team All-Big 12 (Coaches)

1999 Big 12 Commissioner's Spring Academic Honor Roll

Eight-Time Big 12 Offensive Player of the Week (2 in 1999, 3 in 2000, 3 in 2001)

16-time TV Player of the Game (13 by ABC, 1 by NBC and 1 by Fox Sports Net; 1 by Big 12 Syndicated; 1 in 1998, 6 in 1999, 4 in 2000, 5 in 2001)

Crouch's Records

NCAA record for career rushing TD's by a QB (59)

13th player in NCAA history to rush and pass for 1,000 yards in a season (1,115 rushing, 1,510 passing)

One of three quarterbacks in NCAA Division 1-A history to rush for 3,000 yards and pass for 4,000 yards in a career

Tied an NCAA scoring record by scoring a TD via run, pass, reception in the same game (vs. Cal, 1999)

Longest run in NU history (95 yards) at Missouri, Sept. 29, 2001

Owns Nebraska career record for total-offense yards with 7,915, including a school and Big 12 record for most rushing yards by a quarterback (3,434), while ranking third in career passing (4,481)

School record holder with 88 total-offense touchdowns

Regular-season school record for rushing yards by a quarterback in a game (191 yards) at Missouri, Sept. 29, 2001

Tied school records for most TD passes in a game (5 vs. Iowa, 2000); most rushing TD's in a game by a quarterback (4 vs. Kansas and Iowa State, 2001); and set a QB record for most rushing TDs in a season (20, 2000)

Set school records for most rushing attempts in a season for a QB (203, 2001); most total-offense yards by a sophomore (2,158); tied school record for most rushing attempts in a game for a quarterback (27 vs. KSU, 1999)

When you have to go back half a dozen quarterbacks to a Heisman Trophy winner/National Championship contender before you can find someone whose career honors/awards list exceeds that of a Freshman, I'd say that Freshman did all right.

NOTE - I didn't include Keller's because it wasn't worth noting. He broke very few records.

Didn't Keller own the one on the highest velocity of a paper cup being throw at a car window?

• Fire 1

I was pleased with TM’s accomplishments last year. That was a good year for a RS Freshmen QB. If he has the same type of year as a senior then I doubt many would characterize that as a good year. Hopefully as you pointed out he will continue to develop and improve with more time in the system.

I was pleased with TM’s accomplishments last year. That was a good year for a RS Freshmen QB. If he has the same type of year as a senior then I doubt many would characterize that as a good year. Hopefully as you pointed out he will continue to develop and improve with more time in the system.

Out of curiosity, what would you consider to be a "good year" by a senior? Joe Ganz' year? Zac Taylor's? Because Martinez, as a R-Freshman, had a similar year to their senior years. It's not a 1:1 comparison, but it's not far off.

I would be more than pleased if Taylor led this team for four years and even slightly improved on his stats each year.