Big Ten Network - Schedule for NU Games?

http://www.bigten.org/sports/m-footbl/sched/big10-m-footbl-sched.html click on football schedule on the bigten network site.

I just get really frustrated reading thread starters like this. I linked the thread that talks about ESPN gameplan, gametimes, over lapping channels etc. etc., with links to OTHER threads on this same message board that also discuss this topic.

Obviously google doesnt work for some people or scrolling half way down the page on this message board.

Sorry for being mean, but this is getting extremely old.

I'm reminded of my ex, when I asked her why she was leaving, she yammered something about already telling me several times and......not listening to her? Or something like that

From what i understand any games not being shown by ABC/ESPN or any of the other national affiliates will be showed on BTN. Likely all of our OOC games with the exception of Washington will be on BTN and then any conference games that are not picked up by an affiliate. I would be surprised if any of our conference games werent picked being this is our first year in. If you live outside of the regional viewing area of a game picked up by a national affiliate you will have to get gameplan to view it because it wont be on the BTN because it is already being picked up by a national affiliate.

For some reason... I recall someone mentioning... and I don't think it was here, but something I heard personally... about the first two games being bargained for by UN-L? Why, I would have no idea, and it appears Tom thinks they'll be broadcast on B1G network. Hope it's accurate that they will. I think that's the understanding most of the fans went into this season with, was that any game not picked up elsewhere would be broadcast on B1G network. Guess we'll find out forthwith.

From what i understand any games not being shown by ABC/ESPN or any of the other national affiliates will be showed on BTN. Likely all of our OOC games with the exception of Washington will be on BTN and then any conference games that are not picked up by an affiliate. I would be surprised if any of our conference games werent picked being this is our first year in. If you live outside of the regional viewing area of a game picked up by a national affiliate you will have to get gameplan to view it because it wont be on the BTN because it is already being picked up by a national affiliate.

Negative. Every game will be national either via BTN, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, or Versus (Wyoming). ESPN Gameplan is not needed. Also, if you have access to ESPN3.com, then you don't need Gameplan (if you wanna watch other teams).

Negative. Every game will be national either via BTN, ABC, ESPN, ESPN2, or Versus (Wyoming). ESPN Gameplan is not needed. Also, if you have access to ESPN3.com, then you don't need Gameplan (if you wanna watch other teams).

Is that true if you live in California and the Penn State game is a regional not on a mirror with the same start time as the regional Pac 12 game? I would think that is the situation he was talking about since that is what he said before your underlined part.

Is that true if you live in California and the Penn State game is a regional not on a mirror with the same start time as the regional Pac 12 game? I would think that is the situation he was talking about since that is what he said before your underlined part.

I think the Big Ten has an agreement with ESPN that if they show the game nationally on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, where if they show the game regionally on ABC, then they have to have a national mirror on ESPN/ESPN2. I thought I read that somewhere but don't quote me.

EDIT- found a link from a guy who posts the ESPN coverage maps

When the Big Ten signed their new TV deal with ABC/ESPN that started with the 2007 season, they successfully negotiated for all Big Ten games airing on ABC at either 12:00 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time to be shown on ESPN or ESPN2 in all markets where the game is not on ABC. In markets where the Big Ten game is on ABC, an alternate game will be shown on ESPN or ESPN2. So when you look at an ABC coverage map, find the game that is on ABC in your area. If it’s a Big Ten game, another game will be available to you on ESPN or ESPN2, and will be marked with ESPN or ESPN2 in the Coverage Notes section of my schedule. If the Big Ten game is not scheduled to be shown on ABC in your area, it will be available on either ESPN or ESPN2.

Important Note 1: These afternoon Big Ten games are NOT part of ESPN GamePlan, since the “Reverse Mirror” makes them nationally available (but see Important Note 2, below).

Important Note 2: There is no "Reverse Mirror" situation for the ABC Saturday Night Football games. As a result, if the Big Ten night game is not on ABC in your area, it will be available on ESPN GamePlan.

Link

So it looks like the primetime games that aren't national won't necessarily be reverse mirror.

Edited by jsneb83

I think the Big Ten has an agreement with ESPN that if they show the game nationally on ABC/ESPN/ESPN2, where if they show the game regionally on ABC, then they have to have a national mirror on ESPN/ESPN2. I thought I read that somewhere but don't quote me.

When the Big Ten signed their new TV deal with ABC/ESPN that started with the 2007 season, they successfully negotiated for all Big Ten games airing on ABC at either 12:00 p.m. or 3:30 p.m. Eastern Time to be shown on ESPN or ESPN2 in all markets where the game is not on ABC. In markets where the Big Ten game is on ABC, an alternate game will be shown on ESPN or ESPN2. So when you look at an ABC coverage map, find the game that is on ABC in your area. If it’s a Big Ten game, another game will be available to you on ESPN or ESPN2, and will be marked with ESPN or ESPN2 in the Coverage Notes section of my schedule. If the Big Ten game is not scheduled to be shown on ABC in your area, it will be available on either ESPN or ESPN2.

Important Note 1: These afternoon Big Ten games are NOT part of ESPN GamePlan, since the “Reverse Mirror” makes them nationally available (but see Important Note 2, below).

Important Note 2: There is no "Reverse Mirror" situation for the ABC Saturday Night Football games. As a result, if the Big Ten night game is not on ABC in your area, it will be available on ESPN GamePlan.

Link

So it looks like the primetime games that aren't national won't necessarily be reverse mirror.

Exactly this. Plus, when you combine the "No night games in November" thing, it only leaves the Michigan State game in the air, and since that's likely to be a winner take all for the division, it's gonna be a 3:30 or nooner national on ABC.

Link

Exactly this. Plus, when you combine the "No night games in November" thing, it only leaves the Michigan State game in the air, and since that's likely to be a winner take all for the division, it's gonna be a 3:30 or nooner national on ABC.

In conclusion it is possible for you to have to get gameplan, but likely only for night games. This scenario will be very rare so no need to worry about it until it happens. NU will be on TV.

Link

In conclusion it is possible for you to have to get gameplan, but likely only for night games. This scenario will be very rare so no need to worry about it until it happens. NU will be on TV.

Yes and if I remember correctly, our night games with Wisconsin and tOSU will be televised nationally on either ABC or ESPN. So like saunders said, the Michigan State game will be the only game that will be up in the air, but I'm pretty sure that will be an afternoon game.

Here's my question, at risk of being obliterated:

If you live OUTSIDE of the Big Ten footprint, with DISH NETWORK, are you guaranteed to get the game?

I have checked Dish's TV schedule, albeit it is early, and the Illinois game is showing on 439 and 440. It lists no other channels as of now. I have not seen anything concrete confirming subscribers like myself will get the game. I was not nervous until now...

Here's my question, at risk of being obliterated:

If you live OUTSIDE of the Big Ten footprint, with DISH NETWORK, are you guaranteed to get the game?

I have checked Dish's TV schedule, albeit it is early, and the Illinois game is showing on 439 and 440. It lists no other channels as of now. I have not seen anything concrete confirming subscribers like myself will get the game. I was not nervous until now...

You will get te game on one of the BTN overflow channels. The main BTN feed is showing the Illinois game. Everybody just needs to calm down. Our first game and the Fresno State game will be on BTN. Stop worrying.