Middleton Moves On

knapplc

Middleton moves on

Posted by: Steve Sipple on August 23, 2011 at 1:23PM CST

Lazarri Middleton, a part of Nebraska's 2009 recruiting class, apparently has decided to transfer to SMU.

Middleton is a 6-foot-1, 195-pound cornerback from Dallas, where SMU is located. His profile on his Twitter account says "SMU football ..." He was among a handful of Husker scholarship players left off the 105-man roster for preseason camp.

After sitting out the 2009 season as a redshirt, Middleton did not appear in a game last season.

Good luck, Lazarri, wherever you may roam.

Thank you for always rooting for me #HuskerNation .. I loved your support

Middleton, via Twitter

He had been in Bo's doghouse for the last year+. The school attendence and grades were a large part of it but he also was involved in a drinking situation last summer before camp with Josh Mitchell and Tobi Okuyemi that had Bo very pissed as well.

Best of luck young man, maybe home cooking is what he needs, or this could become another sad story.

He had been in Bo's doghouse for the last year+. The school attendence and grades were a large part of it but he also was involved in a drinking situation last summer before camp with Josh Mitchell and Tobi Okuyemi that had Bo very pissed as well.

Best of luck young man, maybe home cooking is what he needs, or this could become another sad story.

He has enrolled at SMU, he's from California, not much home cooking.

19 scholly's now available for 2012?

Nope, we are at 85 now with his departure, not counting Jackson.

15 spots for departing seniors

Gilleylen

A. Jones

Legate

Kinnie

Caputo

Hardrick

M. Jones

Crick

Moore

David

Blue

Dennard

Mendoza

Thorell

Cassidy

Current Breakdown

Freshmen- 31 (13 Redshirt, 18 True)

Sophomore- 16

Junior- 23

Senior- 15

Total- 85

I think we end up getting to 17-18 in the next class, with possibly a greyshirt or two since the junior class is relatively large.

Good catch, thought that sounded wierd after reading my post back. I guess that is what I get for trusting Stutterin' Sip. Check out his blurb in the opening post and you'll see what I am getting at.

Good catch, thought that sounded wierd after reading my post back. I guess that is what I get for trusting Stutterin' Sip. Check out his blurb in the opening post and you'll see what I am getting at.

Yep, Sip fixed it on the blog

Middleton is a 6-foot-1, 195-pound cornerback from Long Beach, Calif. His profile on his Twitter account says "SMU football ..." and "Long Beach to Dallas" (where SMU is located). He was among a handful of Husker scholarship players left off the 105-man roster for preseason camp.