Sports Nightly Tonight

Im going to say this is not a good developement. This tells me our O line is regressing...........if that is possible. BC needs to figure his stuff out or be gone.

Moore is a true freshman..... when is the last time a true freshman started on either the offensive or defensive lines????

Im going to say this is not a good developement. This tells me our O line is regressing...........if that is possible. BC needs to figure his stuff out or be gone.

Moore is a true freshman..... when is the last time a true freshman started on either the offensive or defensive lines????

A-rod last year, I think. Either way if a kid came waltz in from high school and start, what does that say about you as a coach who has been supposedly developing players for 3 years? Im talking to you Barney in case you were confused.

A-rod last year, I think. Either way if a kid came waltz in from high school and start, what does that say about you as a coach who has been supposedly developing players for 3 years? Im talking to you Barney in case you were confused.

According to ARods bio he only played in 5 games last year, nothing about starting in any of those. But I agree with you no kid should be able to come to the univeristy of Nebraska and start on the O-Line in the season opener, regardless of how "all world" the kid is.

His name was WIll Shields, and he turned out to be fairly decent.

That being said I say it is half good, half bad. The good is maybe this kid is as good as advertised. He was able to bust his butt this spring and got a lot of valuable reps in. The system isn't all brand new to him. He was said to be a smart kid in the spring and had all the tools to be successful. Potentially we may be about to see what a lot of guys were talking about this spring.

The down side is of course what does this say about the OLine now. Well first off they are still beat up so maybe this move is because of that. However, last August Barn-digity said that was the deepest OLine he has had. He said he could easily play 10 guys yada yada yada. Well the season comes and goes, and every game it was the same 6 maybe 7 guys. This is self inflicted a little in my eyes. ARod last year, if your gonna burn that shirt, play the kid. Another tragic Niles Paul/QUincy Enuwa tale we can tell to our children. The penalties and lack of execution are becoming key words that are being thrown around WAY to much with the OLine after every game. This may be the put up or shut up year.

I look forward to what Tyler can do if given the chance. At this point, I am seriously leaning to the he is just that damn good camp.

It tells me that a true freshman is grasping the new offense a bit better than some of the veterans who were in the old system. I'm not panicking, I'm happy for the kid. Besides our season opener is against Chattanooga. Also he is fighting Marcel Jones for playing time, we all know Jones has injury problems, so its good to see Moore stepping up.

I'm interested in the fact that Marsh is also working with the scout team at QB with Ridder.

I'm also interested that Green, Heard, and Abdullah will not be redshirting this year. Which makes le really excited to see what they can do behind Burkhead.