Why I think this will be the season from hell for Nebraska.

The odds of Beck/Fisher being worse than Callawatts/Gilmore approach closely a mathematical and statistical zero.

Barney not having to take marching orders from an OC that change schemes every five minutes can only help. Having coaching help on the Oline (just like Uncle Milt had) will help also. Lastly, we're "finally" starting to recruit vicious Olinemen. Lots of them. It's amazing how much a little depth help coaches look smarter.

Having a returning starting qb will help a lot.

Having some wrs who actually catch the ball even somewhat reliably would be a huge asset and it's possible we might start seeing that. Again, being worse is almost impossible.

The Big10 is a great conference and I highly doubt we'll see blatent referee ass-rape TAM games anymore.

I like our chances.

GBR!!

-Martinez will not stay healthy with no real backups.

-Offensive line is going to be terrible with little experience and Barney running the show.

-1 receiver that has more than 1 catch in a game.

-1 running back with experience.

-D line is overrated except for crick

-david is only proven linebacker.

-dennard is only good secondary player.

-New kicker and punter.

-Toughest schedule in big 10

-New coaches.

-Too much preseason hype.

-Unfamiliar with the teams they will be playing.

-Nebraska isn't built to stop big 10 teams.

-Nebraska isn't used to the hostile environments of the big 10.

You can charge that to the game!

Losing!!!

psych_distress.gif

Won't be the season from hell. I just don't see them winning it all for two simple reasons.

You're going further north during the cold months, not south.

You won't be playing the Longhorns anymore.....just longhorn (the animal) sized linemen. It's going to take a season or two to adjust to that.

That being said, you guys should definitely go to a bowl game, and finish in the top half of your division.

Won't be the season from hell. I just don't see them winning it all for two simple reasons.

You won't be playing the Longhorns anymore.....just longhorn (the animal) sized linemen. It's going to take a season or two to adjust to that.

That being said, you guys should definitely go to a bowl game, and finish in the top half of your division.

Irrelevant.

I'll bite this is easy.

-Offensive line is going to be terrible with little experience and Barney running the show.

These two points can be potentially true. But it is something that many fans have been saying over and over. Injuries are a part of the game, deal with it.

Umm...technically excluding the TEs(which Reed is more of a glorified WR) Khiry Cooper has 13 career catches so that is wrong

Austin Jones is a RB and a senior at that so that is wrong

I'll take an "overrated" Dline, that pretty much every college would love to have. I am sure Baker's and Cam's post season honors were just for participation on top of that. Oh and there is every analyst that drools over those hosses as well. If that is "overrated" I'll take that year in and year out

Will Compton 12 starts, Sean Fisher 6 starts. Oh and they both have played significant amount of time when healthy. So wrong. And technically what has David proved in a more traditional 4-3 at the D1 level? So double whammy there.

I will just give you a little golf clap for this one. Everyone had Matt O'Hanlon pegged as a huge playmaker too. Have you not seen what Bo can do with a secondary. Yeah there are no other guys returning that played last year.

-New kicker and punter.

True. But NU has replaced VERY GOOD kickers in the past, you may have heard of them, Kris Brown, Josh Brown, Sam Koch, Kyle Larsen and life went on and another pretty good one came along

You should want that as a true fan. BRING THEM ON. ANd oh yeah we have known about the schedule for about a year now, yawn,

-New coaches.

Every school usually has a new coach or two on the staff. See the kicker thing. NU has good ones leave and life goes on. Oh and that new DB coach is already paying dividends off the field.

Every team in the Top 15 gets to much hype. Yawn, and this rule only applies for Texas games.

And the B1G teams are oh so familiar with NU?!?

And this is proven how??? Please enlighten me.

Yes because the Big XII was a bunch of retirement homes. Those road trips to Evanston, Champaign, Minneapolis, West Lafayette, Bloomington and Iowa City are just absolutely daunting. Give me a break. Michigan and MSU aren't that scary either. So you have Happy Valley, Columbus, and Madison. I'll take that over the crap I've seen and put up with on road trips to Mizzou, Boulder, and Manhatten.

So you see even when you try to get under the skins of some you are still proven to be wrong at least 85% of the time. Good luck with that 15%. That was too much fun I think.

Thanks for saving me the time.

Irrelevant.

Very well may be true. But that's just my opinion.

Irrelevant.

Very well may be true. But that's just my opinion.

Your second point may be true, but not number one. It can be brutal here in Nebraska during the winter. With that being said, football ends the first week of December. It's not like we are playing in Mid January/February which are the peak times of cold temp.

-New kicker and punter.

-New coaches.

Probably wasting my breath here, but here we go.

-I bet taylor does get hurt, but who is to say that Carnes isn't a gamer when he gets in? Besides you can say this about any teams QB and their backups.

-I disagree with the O-Line. We have lots of experience...the real question is the coaching and do we have depth finally? Or can we keep guys healthy this year?

-Our WR's are a question mark. I am happier without Paul though...the dude scared me everytime he had the ball in his hands. Tim Marlowe has plenty of game experience (just no catches at WR) and we have potential threats in Bell and Turner. Also don't forget about our TE's who are the best duo in the nation imo. Plenty of options in the passing game along with a new WR coach and the fans are optimistic.

-Rex is good enough to be the man and given time the new guys will start to get up to speed. Austin Jones has experience as well, plus the ace-in-the-hole is Ron Brown. He knows how to coach and has proven that time and again.

-DLine overrated? They are very, very good. What do you want...a Suh-like player for our entire defensive front? Never gonna happen man. But they are one of the top units in the nation and we have more depth there then we have ever had. Don't expect lots of sacks from these guys though. That is not how the unit plays...they control gaps, not rush gaps.

-David is a stud, but aren't you forgetting about Compton, Fisher, Stoddard...these other three have game experience. Compton knows the defense and was the field general out there until he got hurt.

-Dennard is the star of the secondary. Osborne was fantastic out there last year though at strong safety. Austin Cassidy did a very solid job out there as well. My question marks are Evans (which I thought he did pretty well in the limited time he had), who is taking over for Gomes and Haag, and how these guys are taking to the new coaching in the secondary.

-I will give you the new kicker and punter...it will be hard to fill Kunalic and Henery's shoes.

-Toughest schedule in B1G sure, but competition makes you better. Might hurt us a little this year, but in the long run that makes this team that much stronger. Besides everyone says the SEC has the toughest competition and teams still make it through that right?

-New coaches sure. I am a little worried and then at the same time I am happy about it. More help on the OLine, a new offensive coordinator, a new WR coach, and Ron Brown at RB coach is encouraging. I am interested to see the new defensive coaches and how their units play...this is where I am worried, but at the same time Pelini has my trust in his decisions.

-Nothing wrong with hype. It becomes a problem when the players take too much stock in it and believe they just need to show up to win. If they stay focused and grounded then there isn't a problem.

-Teams are also unfamiliar with us...it is a two way street.

-Bo Pelini built a team to stop any team in the nation on defense. Offensively is still a work in progress.

-Hostile environments...I think Nebraska has seen plenty of those. Not even sure why you put that one in there.

Some of your concerns are legitimate and other concerns make me question whether you even follow this team (or are a fan of this team) at all.

Irrelevant.

Are you saying Coqui is irrelevant or his post? Or both?