What facility is this.

Here is what Nebraska is currently building and is about to begin building for athletic upgrades.

Haymarket Arena (proposed design)

4da65c3dca760.image.jpg

New Basketball/Wrestling practice facility

Hendricks_1.jpg

Hendricks_2.jpg

New Baseball practice facility

Haymarket.jpg

Memorial Stadium Expansion

Memorial_2.jpg

Memorial_4.jpg

Volleyball Arena (Only College Volleyball specific arena in the US with Skyboxes)

Devaney_5.jpghttp

Devaney_11.jpghttp

The Haymarket work is proceeding. Far as I know, the actual building hasn't started, but they had a lot of dirt moving and railroad track moving to be done before they could actually start the building, as I recall. The East Stadium project is well under way, and if I recall correctly, is to be completed by the 2013 football season, and the arena is to be done for the '13-'14 basketball season as well. The Volleyball team won't move into the renovated Devaney Center until '14, but then, that work won't start until the basketball team is done in '12-'13, and maybe after that, depending on what they have scheduled for the facility. But that will be a very nice facility for Volleyball... 7K plus, as I recall, lowered ceiling, skyboxes, all for the V-Ball team. We're working, slowly but surely, towards very nice facilities for all the athletic teams. The soccer team has had a nice field for a few years now, right next to the stadium. The baseball and softball parks are only 10 years old. Most recent renovation of Memorial Stadium will leave only one endzone to be renovated. Volleyball has a nice facility, nice new flooring that only two teams in the nation have, and that can be transported to the new facility. New training area for the baseball team (well on its way to being completed, drive by there every day). Pretty exciting time to be a Huskers sports fan!

And as I recall (someone correct me if I'm wrong) but isn't the new basketball practice facility already completed by Devaney? I know the outside looks quite finished, and I thought we were using it as a selling point for new recruits already in terms of its completion.