my big ten network review

i must say just having got the big ten network a couple of weeks ago it was not a good fist experience .on the game finder on bigten.comit said with my zip code and cable company[charter] it said i was to get the penn state and nebraska games.so of course when i put the game onit was iowa on the tv.then when it was time for the nebraska game they put it on for a couple of minutes then they put the iowa gameback on .okay fine i can live with that since that was on first .so when that game was done they put the nebraska game on for about 5 minutes and then they switch to the other game and never switched it back .so instead of seeing penn state and nebraska like i was supposed to i got iowa and the illinois game .good thing i had the btn2go on my computer i was able to watch the game evan though it would have been better on the tv. just wanted to let you know how my first big ten network experience went.

MassHuskerFan--not trying to nitpick, but this appears to be more of a review of your television provider (Charter) than it is the Big Ten Network. Had no problems with the BTN, and my provider (Verizon FiOS) has the main channel and all of the overflows (though only in SD). If your cable provider is so crappy as to not provide overflow channels, then perhaps it's time to look at Dish or DirecTV?

Then again, Charter, Time Warner, Comcast, and the whole lot deserve to have their CEOs put in a burlap sack and be thrown into the Platte River.

And the studio analysis that the BTN provides is heads and shoulders above what we've ever received on ESPN. Dinardo is great at his craft, and he's been quick with both compliments and thoughtful criticism of DoNU this year.

It's going to suck going back to ABC/ESPN after having our first two games on the BTN and our third game on Versus (which will likely be a Nebraska love-fest as well).

i must say just having got the big ten network a couple of weeks ago it was not a good fist experience .on the game finder on bigten.comit said with my zip code and cable company[charter] it said i was to get the penn state and nebraska games.so of course when i put the game onit was iowa on the tv.then when it was time for the nebraska game they put it on for a couple of minutes then they put the iowa gameback on .okay fine i can live with that since that was on first .so when that game was done they put the nebraska game on for about 5 minutes and then they switch to the other game and never switched it back .so instead of seeing penn state and nebraska like i was supposed to i got iowa and the illinois game .good thing i had the btn2go on my computer i was able to watch the game evan though it would have been better on the tv. just wanted to let you know how my first big ten network experience went.

MassHuskerFan--not trying to nitpick, but this appears to be more of a review of your television provider (Charter) than it is the Big Ten Network. Had no problems with the BTN, and my provider (Verizon FiOS) has the main channel and all of the overflows (though only in SD). If your cable provider is so crappy as to not provide overflow channels, then perhaps it's time to look at Dish or DirecTV?

Then again, Charter, Time Warner, Comcast, and the whole lot deserve to have their CEOs put in a burlap sack and be thrown into the Platte River.

And the studio analysis that the BTN provides is heads and shoulders above what we've ever received on ESPN. Dinardo is great at his craft, and he's been quick with both compliments and thoughtful criticism of DoNU this year.

It's going to suck going back to ABC/ESPN after having our first two games on the BTN and our third game on Versus (which will likely be a Nebraska love-fest as well).

Is Verizon FiOS as good as it's hype?

Loved the post game analysis 10x better then the 4 letter network.

It's nice because the BTN obviously only covers Big Ten games leaving them a lot of time to talk about each game.

No problems here (Omaha area) I have Cox advanced. However, I didn't like it when they came back to our game and we had missed some of it-not cool. Question: BTN2Go-I am a Verizon subscriber. Can I get that service on my Smart Phone?

I believe you can, as long as you have an IPhone, they only have the BTN2Go for the Iphone and IPad right now.

Absolutely. The only single complaint I have is that we only get the BTN overflow in HD (supposedly gonna be fixed next year). Otherwise the TV service and Internet are off the chain.

I guess beggars can't be choosers when you have to take what you can get when you're halfway around the world wanting to watch the game. It's the little things that make you giddy when you're in the South Pacific and you get to watch the Huskers live. Never would've happened a few years ago. Big Ten Ticket was pretty nice. If nothing else, they were soo much better than Fox PPV that we've had to swallow before.

If Verizon FiOS was a woman, she would be Mila Kunis (Sarah Marshall Mila, not Black Swan/Ineedasammich Mila) dressed for an evening of entertainment holding a silver platter with a six pack of ice-cold Abita Turbodog and a note from my wife and the Pope granting permission.

So yeah, it's good. :)

I thought the BTN was fantastic, both during the game and after during the analysis.

I think it's funny that they're so pro-Big Ten, though. They're homers. It's weird hearing TV people pump up the Huskers since we typically get poor reviews.

If we had gained nothing else from Big Ten membership than the Big Ten Network, I would say the move was worth it. When you pile on all the great things the Big Ten provides/will provide this school and Athletic Department, and add the BTN on top, this is a HUGE home run for us. HUGE.

No problems here (Omaha area) I have Cox advanced. However, I didn't like it when they came back to our game and we had missed some of it-not cool. Question: BTN2Go-I am a Verizon subscriber. Can I get that service on my Smart Phone?

Ladyhawke looks like the BTN2Go started on September 1st or 2nd but won't be available to smartphones for a few more weeks. Sounds like iPhone and iPad users will get the app before anybody else which according to their website should be availble on the App store a few weeks after the BTN2Go launch date (Sept 1st or 2nd).

Here's the link for the FAQ's about the BTN2Go