Highlights from Chattanooga

SECHusker

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nPqbLxoddbE&feature=feedu

-Going forward I would hope to never see the traditional option run by this offense, unless in a goal line situation.
-I am almost for moving Rex to more of a fullback role in two back sets. I was thoroughly impressed by potential of the young backs. They should get at least 20 touches a game.
-Marlowe may know how to block, but get Turner on the field. Turner's play at 16:48 is jaw dropping. Turner should get at least 5 touches a game.
-Enunwa and the tightends need more touches as well.
-The o-line looked decent from the gun, not so much from a power set.

*** the offense has scary potential at the skill position level, we just need to develop it.

Turners play was ridiculous

Seriously. He's a gamebreaker. He needs lots of touches.

I can't wait until teams load up the box and blitz Taylor (which is inevitable). Beck will hopefully have the sense (that our former OC did not) to dial up a screen pass to Green/Heard/Abdullah/Turner/Bell. Look out when any of those guys gets into open space.

Turners play was ridiculous

Seriously. He's a gamebreaker. He needs lots of touches.

I can't wait until teams load up the box and blitz Taylor (which is inevitable). Beck will hopefully have the sense (that our former OC did not) to dial up a screen pass to Green/Heard/Abdullah/Turner/Bell. Look out when any of those guys gets into open space.

Question: The commentator with Kevin on Saturday gave some really good suggestions for the offense. Do you think Coach Beck, et al ever listens to those suggestions? I think the commentator was a former quarterback? I thought some of his suggestions were spot on.

Thanks!

I thought it was interesting that we ran 3 or 4 different versions of the option on Saturday and I personally was surprised that we used the pistol as much as we did. I'd have to take a look back but most of our passes seem to come when we were in pistol sets. I'm sure that was designed to give Taylor a better pocket.

Another thing that I think was a good move was to tell Taylor not to sit back in the pocket if things were starting to break down which they did way too quickly. I know the talking heads thought he should hang in there a bit longer but he's a run first QB so Beck wanted him to take off running if he felt he should. Eventually this will pull the DB's forward and we'll get some strikes down field.

All in all I think our weak spots were exactly what we knew our weak spots were. And I like the fact that Beck and Garrison aren't afraid to tell the guys they need to step up when they played average at best.

I thought it was interesting that we ran 3 or 4 different versions of the option on Saturday and I personally was surprised that we used the pistol as much as we did. I'd have to take a look back but most of our passes seem to come when we were in pistol sets. I'm sure that was designed to give Taylor a better pocket.

Another thing that I think was a good move was to tell Taylor not to sit back in the pocket if things were starting to break down which they did way too quickly. I know the talking heads thought he should hang in there a bit longer but he's a run first QB so Beck wanted him to take off running if he felt he should. Eventually this will pull the DB's forward and we'll get some strikes down field.

All in all I think our weak spots were exactly what we knew our weak spots were. And I like the fact that Beck and Garrison aren't afraid to tell the guys they need to step up when they played average at best.

Makes sense to me.

He doesn't see an open wr on his 1st or 2nd read.....go! I agree that will bring in the secondary and we'll see mid 80s & 90s type of wide open wrs on PA (ready Reed & Turner?). As someone else mentioned, I hope Beck is ready, able & willing to use that and that the 1st game was just a scrimmage. Pretty good chance I think.....

GBR!!