Jamal Turner is optimistic

The King

Nebraska post game vs UTC w/ Jamal Turner

"We should put up 60 points per game, lets put it like that." Ha. I found someone less pessimistic :D

It does have me thinking though, he said they didn't show much...

As the years have gone by, I have become less and less concerned with the play in the first 2-3 weeks of the season. Especially since Bo has been around. The coaches used this game as a practice and it was glaringly obvious that they weren't doing anything special. It seemed to me like the offense used this game to work on the option game (need a lot more reps).

Simply put, though, Nebraska should have been able to call the same play the entire game and just push around an inferior defensive line like UTC. I guess we will see what happens next week. Maybe we will see some effective straight ahead running and a more thought out passing attack.

No matter what, Turner needs touches cuz he has the skills.

I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see more of Turner. I know there were lots of reasons why but its still disappointing. There weren't that many kick offs so he didn't get a chance to work into the rotation. He dropped a couple of punts in the drills so they were cautious and kept him off that return team. I hope next week we see him early and often as a WR.

Not redshirting him and then not playing him would be one huge mistake. They need him on the field to allow him to grow.

For once, I actually disagree with this. He doesn't need a redshirt. His agility and athleticism are elite, and he should give us a spark that we don't necessarily have at receiver right now. We need him out there and need to get him touches.

I was a little disappointed we didn't get to see more of Turner. I know there were lots of reasons why but its still disappointing. There weren't that many kick offs so he didn't get a chance to work into the rotation. He dropped a couple of punts in the drills so they were cautious and kept him off that return team. I hope next week we see him early and often as a WR.

I was a lot disappointed.

I was a lot disappointed.

I was Osama Bin Laden watching Seal Team 6 crash through the ceiling disappointed.