Something to Recognize

Washington Post

“I did some things during the game, pounding my head against the wall saying we’re going to work on a certain play and I just kept running it because I want live work at it,” Beck said. “It probably wasn’t very smart on my part, but I’m stubborn sometimes and I said we’re going to run this play and get it right and I kept calling it.”

While it is worrisome that the line didn't get a good push, it doesn't help when the defense knows what's coming. Beck will have learned from his mistakes (hopefully) and this sort of problem won't arise.

Also, looking back at the highlights, the line does have some very good plays.

Washington Post

“I did some things during the game, pounding my head against the wall saying we’re going to work on a certain play and I just kept running it because I want live work at it,” Beck said. “It probably wasn’t very smart on my part, but I’m stubborn sometimes and I said we’re going to run this play and get it right and I kept calling it.”

While it is worrisome that the line didn't get a good push, it doesn't help when the defense knows what's coming. Beck will have learned from his mistakes (hopefully) and this sort of problem won't arise.

Also, looking back at the highlights, the line does have some very good plays.

For me, it was refreshing to have a coach who didn't just smile and give 'coachspeak' rather a coach who honestly shared what he thought didnt go well and what did. He also took total responsibility for any/all mistakes. I think this coach is going to be good because he's honest, realistic and he is a learner. He's not afraid to ask questions (I can see him picking Tom O's brain on things he doesn't understand) and growing into a fabulous OC!

Running the same play over and over to get it right is okay to do in Sept against Chattanooga when we're up by three TDs. That's why we play these warm-up scrimmage games before the conf sched kicks in. In Oct/Nov we might be glad we have that play down pat.

Running the same play over and over to get it right is okay to do in Sept against Chattanooga when we're up by three TDs. That's why we play these warm-up scrimmage games before the conf sched kicks in. In Oct/Nov we might be glad we have that play down pat.

Agreed 100%. We probably could have put up 60 or 70 Saturday, but why waste an opportunity for the young oline to get some practice?

I like Beck a lot as a person and coach. He brings a refreshing, honest commentary on the game that I haven't hear at the University for a long time. We all knew Watson made the same mistakes with the zone read, but he would of never said anything like this.

I hope that he can develop into a good offensive coordinator, having both qualities would be the perfect fit. It remains to be seen though. I'm happy with how things have begun.