Tommorrow's Game

husker_99

I guess I dont know why everyone is so worked up about the offense. ONLY thing that concerns me is the lack of push by the O-line. Everyone been complaining about what we saw and/or didnt see. Peronally, I'm glad we didnt open it up. Why the hell would we wanna show the book against frickin chattanooga? I believe that 90% of what we saw last Saturday were things we're not very good at to begin with (option). So I'm not worried. Beck will open it up as need be.

I guess I dont know why everyone is so worked up about the offense. ONLY thing that concerns me is the lack of push by the O-line. Everyone been complaining about what we saw and/or didnt see. Peronally, I'm glad we didnt open it up. Why the hell would we wanna show the book against frickin chattanooga? I believe that 90% of what we saw last Saturday were things we're not very good at to begin with (option). So I'm not worried. Beck will open it up as need be.

This is the biggest thing I have heard people worked up about and it is a little alarming. Being a cohesive unit that has played together a lot helps, but still an inexperienced line should not have been getting controlled for the most part by the Moc's DLine. I actually was more impressed with the right side of Long and Moore than the left side that had guys(Yoshi and ARod) that had played before.

Hopefully it starts shoring up. Hearing it will be the same five, so let's see how they have jelled this week.

The biggest thing I am concerned about: getting into good 3rd down situations. I want to see us in 3rd-and-manageable. 5 yards or under. Enough with the 3rd and 8+. That was something we really struggled with at the start of the UTC game. Let's break out of that, because it will be critical. If we can't get into third and manageable, then we will implode against better teams.

This is the biggest thing I have heard people worked up about and it is a little alarming. Being a cohesive unit that has played together a lot helps, but still an inexperienced line should not have been getting controlled for the most part by the Moc's DLine. I actually was more impressed with the right side of Long and Moore than the left side that had guys(Yoshi and ARod) that had played before.

Hopefully it starts shoring up. Hearing it will be the same five, so let's see how they have jelled this week.

I agree, but as someone who played on the line, I can also relate to the fact that the with such new unit working together, freshmen and sophmores, in a new offense, i continue to have the confidence that they were so focused on the x's and o's and getting to a spot and exucuting and spent less focus on technique and push. These have the talent or they wouldnt be here, and now they have a couple good coaches as well. It'll come, once they get things down and they start playing more free, then we'll drastic improvements.

Why do we have to be secretive about what we do? Watson was the offensive coordinator at Nebraska for three years, and every year (especially heading into 2010) there was a lot of secrecy and shiftiness when it came to what the offense was going to run. And then the season started, we had some poor offensive performances, and after Martinez got hurt you could really tell that there were deficiencies on our offense.

The truth of the matter is that it doesn't matter what you run as long as you do it well, and I don't want to sit here at the beginning of every season making excuses for our offense like "we didn't show much". LSU and Oregon had to pull out all the stops against each other, yet I can guarantee you those offenses are still going to beat up on some teams this year - especially Oregon.

This is Beck's first year and we're a young team, but after this year we need to keep running what we run this year, we need to do it better and we need to execute regardless of what the defense knows about us.

This is my big worry as well. Physically, we should have dominated, and we didn't.

Why do we have to be secretive about what we do? Watson was the offensive coordinator at Nebraska for three years, and every year (especially heading into 2010) there was a lot of secrecy and shiftiness when it came to what the offense was going to run. And then the season started, we had some poor offensive performances, and after Martinez got hurt you could really tell that there were deficiencies on our offense.

The truth of the matter is that it doesn't matter what you run as long as you do it well, and I don't want to sit here at the beginning of every season making excuses for our offense like "we didn't show much". LSU and Oregon had to pull out all the stops against each other, yet I can guarantee you those offenses are still going to beat up on some teams this year - especially Oregon.

This is Beck's first year and we're a young team, but after this year we need to keep running what we run this year, we need to do it better and we need to execute regardless of what the defense knows about us.

I honestly don't think it was "hiding stuff" so much as it was practicing our base offensive formations and plays against a live opponent. Think of it as playing base defense against a scrub, just to see how guys play football.

I honestly don't think it was "hiding stuff" so much as it was practicing our base offensive formations and plays against a live opponent. Think of it as playing base defense against a scrub, just to see how guys play football.

That's my take too. I don't think "hiding" was much of a factor as it was much more about just getting a good practice vs real (even if substandard) competition. It was great for that even with the disappointing quality of play. Better to find our weak points now.

we could once more be unimpressive.......we have to line up and run some of the time successfully between the tackles and throw the ball deep at least a couple times, not sure we can do either or finish some sustained drives...it's still early, but Beck needs to begin to rev up the engine with this game....show me something,now.