Stop Over Reacting!

See, looking to bench 385 yards and 3 touchdowns worth of productivity just doesn't make sense to me. If we completely ignored that, and just look at the negative, I would understand. But we all know that is completely unreasonable.

Stats don't always tell the story. TM had off the chart passing numbers, but the lob and pray passes looked pretty ugly to me last night.

Over reacting is our job. chuckleshuffle chuckleshuffle I do agree that as fans we can be hyper critical and I agree that FSU deserves credit.

I also would say sometimes we are critical of players and incorrectly fail to recognize those players may be the best option we have so why are we criticizing the best option we have? It's not their fault they are in that position. It is what it is.

A lot of this is just venting and worry about the future and because people want to be heard. It really doesn't mean much. We are back set driving arm chair quarterbacks. Where's my beer. People always overreact to the unknown. We have to improve whether we can is UNKOWN. :o:blink:

I am definitely guilty of all of the above.

See, looking to bench 385 yards and 3 touchdowns worth of productivity just doesn't make sense to me. If we completely ignored that, and just look at the negative, I would understand. But we all know that is completely unreasonable.

Stats don't always tell the story. TM had off the chart passing numbers, but the lob and pray passes looked pretty ugly to me last night.

When a team gains about 443 total yards and one guy can account for 385 of them, that tells a pretty damn compelling story. Instead of looking to replace the guy who is *far and away* our most productive player, shouldn't we be looking to give him some help?

• Fire 1

When a team gains about 443 total yards and one guy can account for 385 of them, that tells a pretty damn compelling story. Instead of looking to replace the guy who is *far and away* our most productive player, shouldn't we be looking to give him some help?

Okay then....relish in your stats. All I was saying is that stats can be deceiving, and we need to look at the larger picture. What happens when a D shuts down our one trick pony like they did last year? I want a QB that can be consistent, and move the ball down the field on more than just the "Big Play".

What do you suggest to give him more help? More coaching; or are you saying as fans we should support him more?

Okay then....relish in your stats. All I was saying is that stats can be deceiving, and we need to look at the larger picture. What happens when a D shuts down our one trick pony like they did last year? I want a QB that can be consistent, and move the ball down the field on more than just the "Big Play".

What do you suggest to give him more help? More coaching; or are you saying as fans we should support him more?

Well all want a QB that can be consistent, and move the ball down the field on more than just the big play. I think what he needs to start doing is taking a knee after 10-15 yards instead of taking all those long runs to the house. Support him all you want, I'm just trying to find the rationale behind putting the vast majority of our offense on the bench.

Phillip Rivers threw an ugly ball in college, his WR's adjust to it. Tmarts passes might not look pretty but who cares? The thing is, teams will have to play man coverage, period. They are going to play close to the LOS.

If they blitz, you get killed, blitzing option teams is basically the first no-no of coaching, it is so hard to do, you saw what happened when Fresno did it. It makes for HUGE plays.

So just like defenses will have to adjust. If Washington plays defense like Fresno did the Skers have already seen it, which means instead of waiting until halftime to fix it, the plan will already be in place. Which means lots of seam routes over the top, here is a news flash, THOSE ARE PASSES YOU WANT TO LOB UP.

Zero coverage seam routes are a QBs dream.

• Fire 1

The Dude, you've been on ignore for a long time for a very good reason. Your posts show no reading comprehension whatsoever. If you look at my posts, you'll see I said to bench him only if we had a viable alternative. But we don't. And this will be my last post to you, don't bother responding to my posts because I have no interest in reading anything you type from here on out.

The Dude, you've been on ignore for a long time for a very good reason. Your posts show no reading comprehension whatsoever. If you look at my posts, you'll see I said to bench him only if we had a viable alternative. But we don't. And this will be my last post to you, don't bother responding to my posts because I have no interest in reading anything you type from here on out.

Well, I'm going to respond anyways, so there :P

I comprehended what you said just fine. You want to bench our most productive player, but we can't because we don't have a viable alternative. My whole point is, why would you (and a lot of other people) want to bench him in the first place? He's our most productive player...

• Fire 2

If we think about it.....we have a pretty young team right now that SHOULD be amazing in a few years, but as fans all we look at is what we did last year or the year before that. We can't compare these guys to the past few teams and even those underperformed as far as we're concerned. I agree we have problems on the o-line, secondary, line backers, and at times QB play in regards to passing. We'll find out what type of team we have in a few weeks when conference play begins......there will be no "vanilla" excuses then.

THOSE ARE PASSES YOU WANT TO LOB UP.

Ex-freaking-actly.

I swear, people seem to want these laser beam rocket passes. No no no, when you get one on one, with no FS (or zero coverage) you simply want air under the ball, the pass should be lobbed up and let your guy go make a play, the chance of picks are almost zero, pass interference comes into play and so do big plays.

This type of coverage also opens up one step slants to guys. You are seeing it come along, it will come along.

The reality Dude, is if Taylor gets shut down, the whole team gos down. Mich and Neb have one thing in common right now. The QB's are the team. They both throw pretty much the the same rainbow type passes, can run when they have to, and don't have anyone behind them if they go down. Though Mich seems to have better receivers, which would give them and edge if we get into a shoot out with them. At this point so far, we seem to be just about where we were last year on offense. If we have to do or die with Taylor so be it. It would be nice to see him get better at his reads and throw a better ball, as the season gos on.

Give Fresno credit, they came to play, they always do.