A few reminders for the Nebraska fans on the ledge...

I don't think anyone is calling for Bo to be fired or run out. He either got really lucky in getting Suh and good people on defense or he knows how to recruit. No doubt we have gotten spoiled with the defense the last couple of years playing really good and now it seems like where it is now? I didn't mind that we didn't have a good qb prior to T-mart cause we knew we were a running team and always nervous when we passed it. We just need to find an identity on offense and stick with it. One of the reasons i loved Nebraska football was cause of option and power running. We were gonna do what we were built to do and didn't try to hide anything. Now it seems like we have to hide stuff from other teams and getting mixed performances on offense because of it. Quit being afraid and let's go out there and play who we are.

I don't think anyone is calling for Bo to be fired or run out. He either got really lucky in getting Suh and good people on defense or he knows how to recruit. No doubt we have gotten spoiled with the defense the last couple of years playing really good and now it seems like where it is now? I didn't mind that we didn't have a good qb prior to T-mart cause we knew we were a running team and always nervous when we passed it. We just need to find an identity on offense and stick with it. One of the reasons i loved Nebraska football was cause of option and power running. We were gonna do what we were built to do and didn't try to hide anything. Now it seems like we have to hide stuff from other teams and getting mixed performances on offense because of it. Quit being afraid and let's go out there and play who we are.

Suh was a touted recruit but mediocre before Pelini arrived. He knows how to develop defensive talent. The jury is still out on offensive players.

Im in until the end. I was probably the only one invigorated by the moxy our players showed by coming from behind. And I bagged on Taylor last week, and im gonna eat some crow because of it, but I saw something in him Sat. evening that he might be the one to lead a team who's down 3 scores in the 4th to a victory.

Well I think Bo knows how to "coach" defense too. I didn't see Suh play for us last year. 2003 either.

• Fire 1

we're at a place where we can compete with anyone. BO is putting in place a program that can average 10 wins a year. if you aren't happy, it's not because of husker football, it's because you are out of cymbalta.

With the inflation of number of games played per year, would this be on par, better, or worse than what Dr. Tom managed with nine wins/season?

It just makes me mad that people are worried about the Big Ten now. For all we know Wisconsin could just be a big pushover. They beat a UNLV team who got their a$$es kicked by Wazu. Then they played an Oregon State team who lost to an FCS team in OT! Michigan looks like they have no defense once again, Iowa lost to Iowa state. What I'm trying to say is that we can't compare teams game by game. All we can do is wait until each game is over and deal with the result. Oh and BTW we still are going undefeated.

• Fire 3

we're at a place where we can compete with anyone. BO is putting in place a program that can average 10 wins a year. if you aren't happy, it's not because of husker football, it's because you are out of cymbalta.

With the inflation of number of games played per year, would this be on par, better, or worse than what Dr. Tom managed with nine wins/season?

I'd call it a wash due to the fact that they didn't play in nearly as tough of a conference as we have the last decade. Even moreso now that we're in the Big 10.

I was excited as well about the poise and moxie we showed last saturday night. We'll be fine. GBR and Husker f'ing' Power.

I agree. Seemed the defense got adjusted by mid-3rd quarter and were making plays through the 4th even though being on the wrong end of TOP (by A TON). And did I see our offense looking better conditioned than the Fresno defense in the second half? B'leeve I did...

• 1 month later...

Bumping this thread as it seems rather apt to do so, considering Saturday's results.

What's hard to remember, above all else, is that these are still kids and student athletes (in the Big 10 at least) playing football. They, like us, are prone to emotional swings, letdowns, and sometimes no matter how much good coaching you have, it still happens.

Even to coaches with Doctorates.