Wisconsin vs. Fresno St

Cornfed

That was two years ago...how is that relevant now?

Not that its "relevant" now, just indicative of a tough football team...

I see. My mistake.

Fresno St has a pretty decent offense in my opinion led by a really good QB. They should do very well in the WAC this year.

No mistake holmes, they just have a tough team...

Hello Husker fans, Wisconsin fan here. We have a great deal of respect for Pat Hill. His program has earned a reputation for relishing the role of a road dog. They beat us 32-20 in Madison in 2001, and we were ranked at the time. We scheduled a rematch in a "kickoff" classic game the following August, and managed to win by 4. We did a home-and-home with them in 2008 & 2009, winning at Fresno 13-10 in 2008. The 2009 game in Madison could have gone either way, we ended winning 10 games that year.

Last week's game was a good win for NU. Best of luck this year.

Hello Husker fans, Wisconsin fan here. We have a great deal of respect for Pat Hill. His program has earned a reputation for relishing the role of a road dog. They beat us 32-20 in Madison in 2001, and we were ranked at the time. We scheduled a rematch in a "kickoff" classic game the following August, and managed to win by 4. We did a home-and-home with them in 2008 & 2009, winning at Fresno 13-10 in 2008. The 2009 game in Madison could have gone either way, we ended winning 10 games that year.

Thanks for the info man! Can't wait to see the Huskers play the Badgers! Good luck!! GBR!!!

Thanks! Wisconsin's definitely a big X on the schedule for Nebraska right now. That's the game that worries me the most right now.

Not that it's necessarily indicative of anything, and I know it's two years later etc. etc. I just found it interesting. On Sept 12th of 2009 Wisconsin barely squeaked out with a win in Madison, winning in OT 34-31 to Fresno St.

IIRC, Wisconsin had about 15 guys out during the week with the flu. I think I recall a story about two of them puking on the bus ride to the stadium. It was a tough game for us. But as we all know, the transitive property in college football is very weak, especially when separated by two seasons.

http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/article_c0d91c2a-9ed7-11de-b207-001cc4c002e0.html

Not that it's necessarily indicative of anything, and I know it's two years later etc. etc. I just found it interesting. On Sept 12th of 2009 Wisconsin barely squeaked out with a win in Madison, winning in OT 34-31 to Fresno St.
IIRC, Wisconsin had about 15 guys out during the week with the flu. I think I recall a story about two of them puking on the bus ride to the stadium. It was a tough game for us. But as we all know, the transitive property in college football is very weak, especially when separated by two seasons. http://host.madison.com/sports/college/football/article_c0d91c2a-9ed7-11de-b207-001cc4c002e0.html
Hello Husker fans, Wisconsin fan here. We have a great deal of respect for Pat Hill. His program has earned a reputation for relishing the role of a road dog. They beat us 32-20 in Madison in 2001, and we were ranked at the time. We scheduled a rematch in a "kickoff" classic game the following August, and managed to win by 4. We did a home-and-home with them in 2008 & 2009, winning at Fresno 13-10 in 2008. The 2009 game in Madison could have gone either way, we ended winning 10 games that year. Last week's game was a good win for NU. Best of luck this year.

Sooo...What about the other two games?

I'm so Tired of Wisconsin already. Give it a rest people!

you've convinced me a little that wiscy may have not have proved much because of their opponents, but they still look amazing. they appear to be in mid-season form.

I'm really not trying to prove anything other than Bo has proved his teams can win or lose to anyone of any level on any given day. So many have turned this into a one game season.

Yeah, it's kinda resembling last season when Texas was circled on our calender. Of course that's not how the team perceived it but it's how the fan base perceived it. I think we've learned from last year's mistake. Guarantee we don't come out flat against Wisconsin. Can't wait to watch that game!

I think that is very much how the team perceived that Texas game. They were more emotional than cerebral about it, and it cost them.

Same focus was put on Washington this year, but for the most part we learned from our mistake last year, and we were far better prepared emotionally to take on this "revenge" game.

I think this goes directly to the growth of both Bo and the team, and it speaks well of the younger guys. Saturday was a very positive step. We just need to build on that step, not rest on our laurels.