Fresno State player suspended for hit on Kyler Reed

GSG

test lq.gif

test 2 lq.gif

test 3 lq2.gif

Ask and ye shall recieve

Quincy should have gotten fifteen yards for that, I was shocked that he didn't

I could see that going either way. At game speed from the right angle it looks like he just made contact with the Fresno State player's shoulder pads, and he didn't blatantly lead with his helmet on that one, so I can see why it was a no-call.

test lq.gif

test 2 lq.gif

test 3 lq2.gif

Ask and ye shall recieve

I could see that going either way. At game speed from the right angle it looks like he just made contact with the Fresno State player's shoulder pads, and he didn't blatantly lead with his helmet on that one, so I can see why it was a no-call.

You might be right, it was close, but when I watched the game, I thought that he would get a flag for sure. It looked like he dipped his head, to me, the first time I saw it.

I retract my statement, and agree with you.

That's what I think is so tough about this rule. You're supposed to lead with your shoulder pad, and I think the majority of guys try to do this and don't try to hit someone maliciously. But that helmet sticks out a foot and more above that shoulder pad, and it's tough at game speeds to always avoid contact like this.

I think Martin gets a bad rap for hitting the way he does because his helmet contacts guys inadvertently, and people think he's a headhunter. It's a tough rule, and I understand the safety aspect of it, but to me, it should have to be a blatant hit before a guy is suspended, as in, no doubt whatsoever that the intent was to harm. I don't see it in the Fresno hit on Reed.

test%20lq.gif

test%202%20lq.gif

test%203%20lq2.gif

Ask and ye shall recieve

You might be right, it was close, but when I watched the game, I thought that he would get a flag for sure. It looked like he dipped his head, to me, the first time I saw it.

Angle 2 shows that he clearly braces up, and pulls in his arm for a shoulder/arm shot. Good hit.

test%20lq.gif

test%202%20lq.gif

test%203%20lq2.gif

Ask and ye shall recieve

Angle 2 shows that he clearly braces up, and pulls in his arm for a shoulder/arm shot. Good hit.

Have to give him credit. How often do you see an offensive player making a hit like that?

I just don't get all the uproar over this. Is it because it was a hit on one of our guys?

What uproar? Most of the people on here are saying the flag was enough, and not very many people have really been crying foul. I didn't even hear a single thing about it until we heard he got suspended, thought people had forgotten about it.

test lq.gif

test 2 lq.gif

test 3 lq2.gif

Ask and ye shall recieve

:blink: You must be thinking of a different hit than the one that is showing in this thread..? :dunno

:blink: You must be thinking of a different hit than the one that is showing in this thread..? :dunno

Agree. Quincy's hands and arms clearly hit the guy first. His head just jerks back because he was hit so hard and had no idea it was coming. There is a bit of helmet contact but it came at the end of the hit and was obviously not on purpose. If they start calling it a penalty every time helmets touch, all of the linemen on both teams will get kicked out of every game.

I agree with the penalty for blatant hits, but don't think the guy should have been suspended for hitting Reed.

Anyway, back to Quincy... I'm sure it's been said by other people already but when that interception happened I seriously thought the game was in jeopardy. Giving Fresno State that much momentum would have been bad and I'm not sure we would have won the game. It was fun having a complete 180 turn of emotion a couple seconds later.

An incredibly astute observation, especially since nobody has even claimed people are screaming at him.

Regardless, if people are going to post in a thread without reading the whole thing (especially when it's not a very long thread), they shouldn't get their panties in a bunch when they miss something.

You decided you needed to facepalm three of the previous posters, so I assumed you thought we were overreacting to his terrible error in judgement. And I don't see anyone's wrinkly smallclothes. Not that I would look.

The part about reading the post was :sarcasm. I read the whole thing, I just didn't realize that two of the quotes from the quintuple-quote post were from the same person.

• Fire 1