"Expert Picks" Week 3: Washington @ Nebraska

Saunders

College Football News especially can go shove their Prediction up their ass, nice ignorant reporting by them saying this is Keith Price's first start on the road. Keith Price played the entire game at Autzen (a much tougher place to play) last year.

I'll agree with the CFN hate. They've been getting pretty sketchy lately, and the fact that the picked a UM vs tOSU Big Ten CCG this year made me LOL.

Nebraska: 116

Warshington: -2

BOOK IT!

Ah yes, the fabled negative safety. I heard about it once when I was a boy.

Actually another way to score -2 is to kick a field goal threw the wrong goalposts.

That is usually accurate. However, there is an obscure caveat to that rule, which states that if you have a fan in the stands with a sombrero and corncob guns you actually get -1 1/5 points. The -1/5 is deducted from the team's most influential booster, unless you can prove that it was actually Boone T. Pickens who purchased the corncob guns. Then everyone gets a fajita Runza and the game is suspended for a two hour siesta.

Nebraska: 116

Warshington: -2

BOOK IT!

Ah yes, the fabled negative safety. I heard about it once when I was a boy.

Actually another way to score -2 is to kick a field goal threw the wrong goalposts.

You know, I just realized that that would be a BRILLIANT strategy for...

...no, actually, it wouldn't be a brilliant strategy.

College Football News especially can go shove their Prediction up their ass, nice ignorant reporting by them saying this is Keith Price's first start on the road. Keith Price played the entire game at Autzen (a much tougher place to play) last year.

[/qoute]

yea idk if i would agree that autzen is a much tougher place to play, granted it is very tough, but idk if i would go as far to say

it is muchtougher.

yea idk if i would agree that autzen is a much tougher place to play, granted it is very tough, but idk if i would go as far to say

it is muchtougher.

He is(or at least I'd hope he is) referring to the noise levels. And that would be very true. Autzen is way louder than Memorial consistantly as is game after game. Best times for Lincoln to be loud is night games, where most of the bluehairs give/sell their tickets to others(is Oklahoma two years ago).

all things being equal thats a questionable call. but its not all equal. its what... 5-6 hour drive? and dont give me any BS that the extra distance doesnt matter

Autzen is not tougher, I've been to both and live in Oregon but can't agree.

Its pretty funny how irrational all these Washington fans are. They come over to our board basically say there is no chance Nebraska will win, even though we are something like a 17 point favorite.

Then all these "expert" picks are put up. Every single one of them picks Nebraska to win, most have us winning easily.

Here's the kicker....only 1 "expert" predicts the final score to be less than an 11 point difference....surprise, surprise....Its a Pac12 writer. :facepalm:

To be fair Autzen is louder.

I think if he would have said louder people wouldnt be calling him out.... he didnt

Is there a more relevant factor than crowd noise in determining difficulty of playing in a stadium? I guess the arguments for Memorial Stadium would be we have Sombrero Guy, Asian Shark Hat Guy, Bloody White Jumpsuit Guy, and Moiraine Nebraska Boob Girl.