black helmet

np_husker

Yeah that is an old Ridell VSR-4 helmet. Most of the team wear the reveloution helmet.

Guys, its just an old/nicked up helmet that some equipment manager painted black and thru a visor on. Nothing to see here, moving on.

Now, if it was one of those new reveloution helmets, then I would read more into it.

It is only a matter of time.

(Until Adidas demands/entices/pays to have NU do it).

adidas doesn't make the helmets.

Umm, do you think Riddel and Schutt are the reason Oregon wears what they do? How about Maryland? No, Nike and Under Armour are driving that bus. Whether it is a black helmet/uni or some other manifestation, an alternate uniform is coming for NU.

Adidas has remained conservative in uniform design.

But I imagine if they can show the increased $ jersey sales from the ND and Mich variants this year, NU will opt for a special uni or two, tradition be darned.

I think the black helmet is ugly. I like the subtle change on the helmets below. Black face mask. black%252520mask.jpg
What is this from? I don't remember ever seeing these unis.
It's just a really well-done Photoshop.

Yes, it is. I made it. Some of my friends asked for the look, I posted it on my Flickr for them, then posted it here during the "black uni hoopla" to give people ideas of looks. Its in the original black uniform thread along with some other versions I made. Some of the players got wind of the looks, liked them and started tweeting them and as usual the "photoshop" part was left out and people started thinking they were real. But alas, they are a creation of my mind and photoshop.

Oops, no....wait...I don't know where they came from. Looks real to me.

Sorry guys, had to unapprove a few posts. Just save it for the 'shed. Not because it's so heinous, but want to keep the posts on the main boards in line with the family friendly atmosphere. And, it can get awkward if you're reading at work and a fine...photoshop job like that pops up without warning ;)

Thanks!