Why we will beat Wisconsin

With Dennard back, yes the Huskers will be able to play with them. Wis does have a soft 4 game schedule to start the season, but it gave their QB time to settle in. The Huskers can win this game if they can pressure their QB. This guy can flat throw a football and is elusive enough to get out of trouble with his feet. The worry I have is, can the rest of the defensive back field do their part. We lost some great players last year and it really shows this year. Bo has said each year that the defense is better than last years, since Suh left. Lets be honest here. It has dropped a notch each year since. This year hasn't played out yet, but I think we can all see that this one is down from last year already. Was last years d-line that good or was the pass coverage so good, that it made it seem that way. With Dennard coming back, and many here thinking this is all we need to be the defense we have been the last few years, there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans. I think the defense can play good enough to keep us in any game, as long as the offense keeps improving and putting up their share of points. It was time for the offense to do their share, and it looks like maybe just maybe they are getting close to being consistent. Martinez seems able to throw those short routes a lot better than he did last year, and Burkhead seems to be running with that toughness, he showed last year. We don't have a defense like Okl or Fla St showed yesterday, but I am starting to like the way our offense is looking, problems and all. Our defense is decent and our offense looks to be getting better, and we have a good bunch of freshmen ready to shine.

Bring on the B1G

GBR!!!

Agreed, good post.

I just wanted to start a optimistic post for once, instead of all the doom and gloom. We are going to be a good team, we may drop a game or 2, but this season will build the foundation on offense for the next few years. With all the talent we have, all we need to have is the offense and defense peak in the same year. Young secondary this year, we NEED a good class of linebackers this year, and it all could come together in the next couple of years. We have a very young team, and young guys are inconsistent. Thats just how its going to be. We seem to have fixed a few problems on the line as far as penalites go, Tmagic is growing into a game manager, and we are starting to see the attitude of one Mr Bo Pelini on the offensive side of the ball. It might not happen this year but the future looks promising.

• 2 weeks later...

I feel pretty confident that we'll move the ball on their D because they are not explosive at all on defense. Like I said before, the Badgers are fortunate they've played teams with no perimeter threats to stretch their D. I also feel we have a special teams advantage in kicking and returns. Wisky's kicker is a freshman who 2-4 on the year, IIRC.

I think they should take care of Wyoming before we start talking about Wisconsin.

WE are not the team, we are fans. We have nothing to do how the team will play against Wyoming, we are just talking about a big game, let the coaches worry about keeping the PLAYERS focused....its a message board, to talk football, not a big deal.

Don't be that guy.

• Fire 1

I think they should take care of Wyoming before we start talking about Wisconsin.

WE are not the team, we are fans. We have nothing to do how the team will play against Wyoming, we are just talking about a big game, let the coaches worry about keeping the PLAYERS focused....its a message board, to talk football, not a big deal.

Don't be that guy.

that-guy.jpg

I feel that we are very capable of winning this game, but anything can happen. Our offense is very fast...too fast for the Wisconsin D in my opinion. And we will definetely give up some points, but I think if we score at least 30 (and thats a big if), we win this game. Its gonna be a battle for sure.