Why we will beat Wisconsin

Wisconsin has played no body. The Big 10 is weak. I dont understand why everyone is fearing Wisconsin. Its going to be a good game, yes, but their speed on defense will be no match for our offensive speed, especially considering who they are used to playing. Of course anything can happen, but this might as well be their first game, we come out and punch them in the mouth like they havent been all year, how are they going to react?

First 4 games

UNLV 1-2.... Also lost to Washington State 59-7

Oregon State 0-2 ....Also lost to Sacramento State 29-28

Northern Illinois 1-2..... Also lost to KANSAS 45-42 and Kansas just got throttled by GaTech 66 to something giving up over 700yards.

Next Game: South Dakota

The weakest non con schedule ive ever seen. No way are they ready for our speed, they will not be able to stop us on offense, and our defense will be back with addition of Dennard. Only way this is going to be close is because of Russell, without him we blow them out easily, mostly because they have no body behind him, and wouldnt have much of an offense without the threat of Russell ( we would just gear up to stop the run, thats all they got without Russell.)

We jump ahead 14 nothing before they know what hit them. The difference in speed is going to be night and day from what they have been seeing and they havent been tested at all, and before they figure it out its too late. Defense will be dominate. We shut up the crowd early and run away with the game shocking the nation, mostly because Wisky is overrated, like the rest of the B1G. Barring major turnovers we win the game comfortably.

While it's true they haven't played anyone and always schedule cupcakes and I felt the same way you do prior to the season starting, I am still a tad worried about our defense. I think we have enough speed on Offense that we'll put up some points, but I think it's going to be one of those 41-38 type scores. Could go either way.

• Fire 2

While I agree with you that Wiscy's schedule has been suspect and that our offense is faster than their D, I'm a little nervous about stopping their run game and containing Wilson. Like the OP said if possible get up on them early, this will change the their game plan immensely. I know there is the Wyoming game (which I hope more kinks are ironed out) next week but I can't wait for Oct 1st.

Most are underestimating just how good Dennard is, and just how much he means to this defense. With him shutting down half of the field, it leaves Stafford free to come up for run support, Bo is confident because he knows what he has waiting in the wings. We will be able to do so much more scheme wise as well, stunts, blitzes, safteys for run support, and unleashing the dline for pressure, intead of holding gap control all the time. We will see a night and day difference on Defense the rest of the year, and Bo knows it, listen to his presser, he blames himself for letting up in the fourth quarter. Defense is going to be good, and if we can move the ball even a little better then the last two years....look out...the B1G is weak.

I think they should take care of Wyoming before we start talking about Wisconsin.

WE are not the team, we are fans. We have nothing to do how the team will play against Wyoming, we are just talking about a big game, let the coaches worry about keeping the PLAYERS focused....its a message board, to talk football, not a big deal.

• Fire 3

With Dennard back, yes the Huskers will be able to play with them. Wis does have a soft 4 game schedule to start the season, but it gave their QB time to settle in. The Huskers can win this game if they can pressure their QB. This guy can flat throw a football and is elusive enough to get out of trouble with his feet. The worry I have is, can the rest of the defensive back field do their part. We lost some great players last year and it really shows this year. Bo has said each year that the defense is better than last years, since Suh left. Lets be honest here. It has dropped a notch each year since. This year hasn't played out yet, but I think we can all see that this one is down from last year already. Was last years d-line that good or was the pass coverage so good, that it made it seem that way. With Dennard coming back, and many here thinking this is all we need to be the defense we have been the last few years, there are going to be a lot of disappointed fans. I think the defense can play good enough to keep us in any game, as long as the offense keeps improving and putting up their share of points. It was time for the offense to do their share, and it looks like maybe just maybe they are getting close to being consistent. Martinez seems able to throw those short routes a lot better than he did last year, and Burkhead seems to be running with that toughness, he showed last year. We don't have a defense like Okl or Fla St showed yesterday, but I am starting to like the way our offense is looking, problems and all. Our defense is decent and our offense looks to be getting better, and we have a good bunch of freshmen ready to shine.

Bring on the B1G

GBR!!!

I think they should take care of Wyoming before we start talking about Wisconsin.

WE are not the team, we are fans. We have nothing to do how the team will play against Wyoming, we are just talking about a big game, let the coaches worry about keeping the PLAYERS focused....its a message board, to talk football, not a big deal.

Who cares about the "WE" debate. I agree Wyoming has the feel of a trap game, and I am still not sold that the NU defense will be able to stop anyone...let alone a diversified Wisconsin attack.

This a very tough game. Wisky truly has played no one this year, but most would feel we haven't either. I give credit to us for the Fresno State game win, Washington who knows, that will be decided down the road.

But we have problems with good runners and mobile QB's. Wisconsin brings both to the table. I would say that Wisconsin is the toughest team in the B1G at this time.

I am very concerned about our run defense, a little less about the big play and the ability of Burkhead to run the ball after yesterday. We will be capable of sustaining drives it appears, which we will need to keep the defense off the field. That will be the key to the Wisconsin game. Three and outs will kill the defense, and they are stacked with no names on the their offensive line.. Big old farm boys like we used to have on our lines. Never a thought of NFL, just playing for Wisconsin. That makes them tough in the fourth quarter normally.

I would much rather it was on our field, but if we can sustain drives, we have a great chance. If we are continous 3 and outs, Wisconsin will prevail in the fourth quarter. We are looking at Nebraska team of the late 80's early 90's in Wisconsin.

I have more faith after yesterday. Getting Dennard back will help this team a lot. We have a tremendous amount of speed in the wings and the talent will be needed in the game. I hope Bo plays to win every second of the game, and not become a shellfish after getting a lead.

The team needs to concentrate on hydration for that game, maybe more so than normal if it is warm. It is going to be a war and the winner will end up being this years Big Red.