Black Jersey?

kreutz35

That black helmet I think is a good look. Red on black is a tough look like that though.

Here are a couple ideas I came up with that I think would be reasonable based off of the road jersey being white as usual while trying to contrast with the Wisconsin look. It's hard to think that they would go complete Nike/Oregon black out uni like in the previous photoshop looks, especially when rules are pretty stringent (aside from pre-season arrangements) but you never know. So I went with these:

6183554041_f551d6de96_z.jpg

6184074034_921efca255_z.jpg

It doesn't really matter what they wear but it is fun to speculate.

• Fire 1
That black helmet I think is a good look. Red on black is a tough look like that though.

Here are a couple ideas I came up with that I think would be reasonable based off of the road jersey being white as usual while trying to contrast with the Wisconsin look. It's hard to think that they would go complete Nike/Oregon b******* uni like in the previous photoshop looks, especially when rules are pretty stringent (aside from pre-season arrangements) but you never know. So I went with these:

6183554041_f551d6de96_z.jpg

6184074034_921efca255_z.jpg

It doesn't really matter what they wear but it is fun to speculate.

Icedavis, can you do the first picture with mat black helmets? I'd love to see what that looks like!!

Also think it would be cool to come out with helmet with US flag design on it lik with stars on left side and stripes on right.

Though I will never support wearing black, that is some impressive shopping there, icedavis.

The red numbers version is vastly superior to the black numbers one, and from a purely objective judgement on the uniform design standpoint only - doesn't look too bad. (Hope we never ever wear it though)

That's one of the problems with people in this state. Everyone is so damn conservative. A little change never hurt anyone. All black uniforms for one game (against a team with the same colors) is a cool idea. I'm most definitely NOT saying go Maryland/Oregon, but the ones pictured with a black helmet would be provocative. Only problem is if we lose while doing it, everyone will blame the uniforms. Like that has ANYTHING to do with it. :sarcasm

Thanks for the complements.

Easy now Dutch, lets not put the cart before the horse. I got something for you. Actually a few somethings, if more than one turns out the way I drew up.

The first two looks were what I thought the team would be most likely to do (minus maybe a detail or two) in the event they did make a change and include black. After all this is an away game (it's possible for a color vs color uni matchup but white is the highly probably choice) and we are talking about a pretty conservative part of the county. I can see the team wanting to make a change for this game but not wanting to make it too drastic or as Simple says, the conservative option. This too is Adidas we are talking about and not nike. Not that Adidas doesn't do crazy stuff but they are less known for going out on a limb. So keeping that in mind, they were just a logical option. All black unis for an away game just doesn't have that high of probability and I don't think they would completely abandon the red (as a stripe or not) for each part of the uniform.

But it can happen so I have been drawing up some ideas for all-black options and I will include a black helmet in the first two. I was going to have a black helmet in them anyway as an extra couple of looks but put them aside in the interest of time last night. I will try to work on and finish them tonight. If you have any ideas to try, post them and I can try them out.

Who knows, if they do decide to make a change maybe they just do a complete redesign for a black uni (maybe not Maryland like) but along the lines of the Pro-Combat style. Adidas does after all go head to head with Nike and could use Nebraska as their platform. OR maybe Wisconsin is in the redesign rumor mill too. As we have seen in the past when one team uses the pro combat style, both teams tend to do it. Anyone heard anything about a new Wisconsin look? Maybe I can fake something and spread it? :D

Easy now Dutch, lets not put the cart before the horse. I got something for you. Actually a few somethings, if more than one turns out the way I drew up.

The first two looks were what I thought the team would be most likely to do (minus maybe a detail or two) in the event they did make a change and include black. After all this is an away game (it's possible for a color vs color uni matchup but white is the highly probably choice) and we are talking about a pretty conservative part of the county. I can see the team wanting to make a change for this game but not wanting to make it too drastic or as Simple says, the conservative option. This too is Adidas we are talking about and not nike. Not that Adidas doesn't do crazy stuff but they are less known for going out on a limb. So keeping that in mind, they were just a logical option. All black unis for an away game just doesn't have that high of probability and I don't think they would completely abandon the red (as a stripe or not) for each part of the uniform.

But it can happen so I have been drawing up some ideas for all-black options and I will include a black helmet in the first two. I was going to have a black helmet in them anyway as an extra couple of looks but put them aside in the interest of time last night. I will try to work on and finish them tonight. If you have any ideas to try, post them and I can try them out.

Who knows, if they do decide to make a change maybe they just do a complete redesign for a black uni (maybe not Maryland like) but along the lines of the Pro-Combat style. Adidas does after all go head to head with Nike and could use Nebraska as their platform. OR maybe Wisconsin is in the redesign rumor mill too. As we have seen in the past when one team uses the pro combat style, both teams tend to do it. Anyone heard anything about a new Wisconsin look? Maybe I can fake something and spread it? :D

If you could do the mat black helmet in the first photo(one with red numbers) I think that is actually what we are going to come out in so I would like to see what that will look like before Saturday!!

Also, if there is any way to do a US flag helmet that would be cool too.

Adidas gave Tennessee black uniforms a couple of years ago and they looked terrible. I'm not saying I don't want Nebraska to try it, but I certainly hope they use care when designing the uniforms.

Agreed. It wasn't a good look, IMO. Although a "classic" look, I am not a fan of the Tennessee creamsicle unis either. Not sure totally why, probably because I feel the need to want to add a "heavier" color. That orange is a tough color to use.

If Adidas and Nebraska try something they should tread lightly and expect a lot of criticism either way. It's currently only rumor and it's getting bombed pretty hardcore already.

Seriously, doesn't anyone know how to remove the red from inside the stripes?

They probably don't remove it because it looks better that way. Why would we have pants that don't have red on them? Having black between the white stripes would just look wierd, but if you are ripping on them for not knowing how to remove it (which I bet you they do), then maybe you should do it yourself.

Seriously, doesn't anyone know how to remove the red from inside the stripes?

They probably don't remove it because it looks better that way.... but if you are ripping on them for not knowing how to remove it (which I bet you they do)...

Hit the nail on the head. I think the red stripe does look better but all black isn't bad either. The fact that I was able to change the color of the pants is enough justification that I do know how, I just chose not to, as well as the people who mocked up the other images. It just doesn't jive with Dutch's preference to have a black stripe there instead. To each his own.