Huskers tweeting upon landing in Laramie

tschu

I find it kind of humorous that players/people who live in Nebraska are making comments about how desolate Laramie is. Apparently they have never been to Western Nebraska where - in most places - there isn't more than one person per square mile and all you can see surrounding you in most places are the Sandhills that dominate the majority of Western Nebraska.

And Wyoming is a great place to visit. I have been just about everywhere from Yellowstone, to Beartooth, to Jackson Hole, to the Bighorns, to Thunder Basin National Grassland. The list could go on and on.

I also wouldn't be surprised if Nebraska came out flat. It's a pretty common event under Pelini to have anywhere from one to three games per year where the team looks flat.

I should have read those tweets before posting my score on the prediction page. I thought we might have a little more respect for a host city. All the more reason Turner Gill does not allow his players to use social media on game day (besides- u can't text ur dad or girlfriend while getting ur ankle taped during a game) I cover that area for business. Laramie is a neat area, drove through a blizzard in June on the way there.

Nebraska sandhills

NebSandHill1.jpg

Eastern Wyoming

7-03_24_IMG_4817_blog.jpg

More eastern Wyoming

energy-news-coal-wyoming_25712_600x450.jpg

And then!

Western Wyoming-

tetons.jpg

Anddd Western Nebraska...

shim.gif

ChimneyRock.jpg

I have been honestly everywhere in both states. Fly fish all over Wyoming. Family all over Nebraska.

Wyoming is one of the more scenic states in the country. Nebraska is uhmm.. Not.

Laramie isn't bad. It's got a cool small town college feel.

I'd spend my days in Wyoming over Nebraska every day of the year with the exception of about 12 Saturdays in the fall.

• Fire 1

I just have a gut feeling we are going to come out flat again. Judging by these tweets, it seems like we could care less to be there, players included

All this talk about Nebraska coming out 'flat'. Geez, makes me want to go visit 'Daily Skin' for an 'inflated' pick-me-up.

They put I-80 in pretty much the ugliest area of the state. It is not representative of the rest of the Wyoming landscape.

Honestly, I couldn't care less about what some cocky college kids think about any topic other than football. A Twitter account gives you an avenue to communicate your thoughts but does not in any way guarantee that you have any thoughts worth sharing...

The I80 comment is absolutely true. Outside of the Ca stretch and Salt Lake City, there is jack sh#t on I80.

This team has no reason to be cocky. It actually pisses me off a bit

I wouldn't make a judgement about the entire football team based on the tweets of the left tackle, a backup cornerback, the long snapper, and a journalist who is in no way a part of the football team.

Maybe you wouldn't but until i read "God, I can't wait to play today and I hope as a team we get a little bit better" tweat, I will continue to pass my judgement. Or, the game starts and they come out focused and dominate. Then i'll gladly eat crow