5 simple keys to a Nebraska "W"

HuskerTD

5 keys to victory

1. NU must contain Wilson (keep him in the pocket)

2. NU must keep Wisconsin's rushing attack to under 5.0 ypc.

3. NU needs to win the turnover battle or stay even.

4. NU secondary needs to limit big plays and busted coverages.

5. Finally, Martinez needs to complete 60% of his passes.

Out of all of these I think the toughest is #1. But with that said I think its doable. We just need to play assignment football

and all of these should come to fruition. BTW I am just a fan and this imho :P

5 keys to victory

1. NU must contain Wilson (keep him in the pocket)

2. NU must keep Wisconsin's rushing attack to under 5.0 ypc.

3. NU needs to win the turnover battle or stay even.

4. NU secondary needs to limit big plays and busted coverages.

5. Finally, Martinez needs to complete 60% of his passes.

Out of all of these I think the toughest is #1. But with that said I think its doable. We just need to play assignment football

and all of these should come to fruition. BTW I am just a fan and this imho :P

I believe #1 is easily accomplished, if it's a priority. What will suffer though is how quickly the ends get into the backfield. I've been a bit disappointed in the DLine, but the pressure scheme is more about collapsing the pocket than simply beating your man into the backfield. I think #5 and #2 are the tallest tasks.

Here's my two cents worth.

1. Pressure on Wilson. Let’s see if he can complete 75% when he’s running for his life. Let’s see how willing he is to tuck and run after Camstache pile drives him a time or two.

2. Shut down UW runs between the tackles. Make Ball and White run to the edge and test our LB speed. We will win this race.

3. Our interior O-line needs to up their game. Especially at center and two guards. If these guys can’t hold their own for at least a couple of seconds we are boned on offense.

4. Use our TEs more, and little dump off passes s to our RBs. Kyler is one of the best catching TEs in the nation. Cotton has a great combination of blocking/catching skills. We need to use our RBs like we used Helu catching short passes out of the backfield.

5. No. More. Fumbles. This makes me want to put my foot thru the damn TV.

• Fire 1

1. Keep mental mistakes to an absolute minimum. Nothing kills an offensive drive faster than a false start, holding call, or illegal formation.

2. Make Wilson uncomfortable for the first time this year, as the QB at NC State he was known to try and squeeze throws into tight coverage.

3. Use our speed to our advantage. Runs plenty of toss sweeps, options, WR screens, etc.

4. Take advantage of any good field position we might get. Also wins the special teams battle, especially in the punting aspect.

5. Play with an intensity that cannot be matched, play all 4 quarters like it's your last.

1. Pressure on Wilson. Let’s see if he can complete 75% when he’s running for his life. Let’s see how willing he is to tuck and run after Camstache pile drives him a time or two.

2. Shut down UW runs between the tackles. Make Ball and White run to the edge and test our LB speed. We will win this race.

3. Our interior O-line needs to up their game. Especially at center and two guards. If these guys can’t hold their own for at least a couple of seconds we are boned on offense.

4. Use our TEs more, and little dump off passes s to our RBs. Kyler is one of the best catching TEs in the nation. Cotton has a great combination of blocking/catching skills. We need to use our RBs like we used Helu catching short passes out of the backfield.

Yes, yes, yes......love your #1.

At all costs, on any 3rd & medium to long down get some pressure on him. We "must" do that. C'mon Bo......where's your SuperD clone?

Barring a big scheme change #2 will be tough. Otoh maybe not if Crick & Steiny really step up.` The guard play is a little better but asking much from our center could be tough.

I think PA comes alive "now". We'll see Reed and Cotton having fun.

6. Keep using those toss sweeps. Throw in a few zone reads too.

No fumbles......oh please!!

GBR!!

+1

We win this game if Kyler Reed is involved. Their linebackers are too slow to cover Reed and if they have double team him, we light them up with someone else.

Hopefully Beck rolls Taylor out more. Save the boneheaded pick against Fresno, good things have happened when Taylor rolls out. Getting Taylor to the edge and getting the ball to our speedsters in space won't bode well for Wisconsin's slowish defense. It will only help when Rex runs it right at 'em.

If the defense shows a little heart, we should walk out of Madison with the W. If not, it'll be a shootout against a much more polished offense.

if they average 5 per carry were in deep trouble! I think we need to hit wilson early and often so he isnt so comfortable. Use Reed and Kinnie to stretch the field and limit penalties, mental mistakes, and turnovers and I like our chances! I love the focus we have going in to this game...I think their ready to stun Madison tommorow night!