Is Taylor too fast???????

T-Mart too fast on the option? WTF? That's like complaining that your girlfriend has too big of a rack.

Not really, if you get to far ahead out of your pitchman, then it's really not an option. It's just a sprint to the corner. The option is about timing.

True that.

• Fire 1

Years ago on some of the options I seem to remember the IB would take a jab step and the QB would reverse pivot. Or the QB would actually pause for a half count. I imagine that was to give the fullback a chance to get out front or make the LB take a false step. I actually felt they looked a lot better against Wyoming timing wise. It's getting better with practice.

Years ago on some of the options I seem to remember the IB would take a jab step and the QB would reverse pivot. Or the QB would actually pause for a half count. I imagine that was to give the fullback a chance to get out front or make the LB take a false step. I actually felt they looked a lot better against Wyoming timing wise. It's getting better with practice.

Very true. And in fairness to TM, option QB'ing is very difficult to learn. Plus in the zone read he's making his reads from a couple yards behing the line of scrimmage and he's stationary while doing it. Trying to make those reads while moving down the LOS is hard. And it's hard for a guy whose instinct is to sprint to the corner to be patient and try to wait for things to develope. I bet when option is called, those IBacks, think "oh s***, I'd better get on my horse or he'll leave me".

Its already been stated, he needs to learn how to run with his back and be patient, once he decides to keep the ball rather than pitch it, that's when he needs to break out to his top speed and go.

Sometimes Taylor shoots out at top speed not thinking about the running back, and of course the running back sees him take off so he probably thinks Taylor has already made up his mind to keep it.

Its just something that Taylor and the running backs need to work on, through reps.

Taylor too fast to run the option?