This ones on Beck

GI56

Martinez is the one who threw HORRIBLE picks. Our Receivers were open.

His play calling still sucked. Burkhead disappeared in the first half. Then to start the 2nd half off with a pass. Come on. Let's show the world that our qb really can't pass.

Run the damn ball.

They are running it to end the 3rd qtr and have gained about 7 yds a carry.

Exactly.

They can't stop our running game but we did. I just don't get it.

What part of 2.7 yards per carry by both Taylor and Rex to that point in the game, said that they couldn't stop our running game? Meanwhile everything we had done on offense was through the air.

On Beck? I would throw in the defense as well.

Yep. Defense deserves probably more blame then the offense in this one.

Well in their defense they were on the field a hell of a long time since Martinez kept giving the ball back to Wisconsin. They looked pretty tired to me early in the 3rd quarter.

Totally freakin ludicrous to say this one's on Beck. If you're going to blame an OC for not being able to outscore 48, well I'm not sure how to respond. We are (or were) a top tier college program. If our QB cannot throw the ball better than Martinez did tonight, the problem goes much deeper than the OC. If you must blame a game element or a coach, I suggest looking very hard at the defensive side of ball. Our DB's are not only not very good, they are approaching horrible. And, our D-Line looks like they are pulling plow blades behind them when they are in pusuit of any opposing QB who is not in a wheelchair. We lost a lot more than anyone realized when Suh and Prince left.

It's not like Taylor didn't have guys open on those plays. Wide open even. At least he could have thrown it away.

What? The first pick he had no one open and tried to make a play he shouldn't have, trying to throw to Kyler Reed while not seeing the LB in the middle of the field.

The second he threw to the same flag pattern that we had run the previous two plays. It worked the first time, Wisconsin had it covered the second time, and the third time they were there for an interception on an overthrow, but nobody was open.

The third one you could say he should have gone to Burkhead, but he had Kinnie. The problem was that Taylor threw it like it was an out and Kinnie kept going.

We didn't just have guys running wide open. We did in the first quarter, when Taylor was on the money, but they were running free because of our running game. We abandoned that running game at the first sign of trouble, and everything fell apart. We had 99 rushing yards going into the fourth quarter I believe - we will lose every single game the rest of the year if that is our rushing output.

Martinez is the one who threw HORRIBLE picks. Our Receivers were open.

His play calling still sucked. Burkhead disappeared in the first half. Then to start the 2nd half off with a pass. Come on. Let's show the world that our qb really can't pass.

Run the damn ball.

They are running it to end the 3rd qtr and have gained about 7 yds a carry.

Exactly.

They can't stop our running game but we did. I just don't get it.

What part of 2.7 yards per carry by both Taylor and Rex to that point in the game, said that they couldn't stop our running game? Meanwhile everything we had done on offense was through the air.

Careful, you're making too much sense. We should have just kept running because our QB can't throw the ball. If this is the argument then I think it's time to find a QB.

I personally think Beck changed the playcalling based on his reference to we take what the defense gives us. It looked to me that during the 2nd Q, they started stacking the box more and Beck reacted by calling more pass plays. I may be wrong. But i never liked the whole "take what the defense gives us" instead i like the "we run what works" mind set.

• Fire 1

Right, it's the third play where he had a guy open right in front of them. I don't know, I thought Kinnie looked covered there when Burkhead was clearly open and had room. First one he could throw it away or take a sack even, anything but chuck it up there. I remember someone being open but I could be thinking of the wrong time when Taylor forced it deep into coverage. Heh.

The second one was the one where he rolled out. Keep the ball or throw it into the stands or something! Point is these picks weren't really on our receivers. Sometimes the coverage is there, sometimes it isn't. Don't throw it into coverage when it's there.

Totally freakin ludicrous to say this one's on Beck. If you're going to blame an OC for not being able to outscore 48, well I'm not sure how to respond. We are (or were) a top tier college program. If our QB cannot throw the ball better than Martinez did tonight, the problem goes much deeper than the OC. If you must blame a game element or a coach, I suggest looking very hard at the defensive side of ball. Our DB's are not only not very good, they are approaching horrible. And, our D-Line looks like they are pulling plow blades behind them when they are in pusuit of any opposing QB who is not in a wheelchair. We lost a lot more than anyone realized when Suh and Prince left.

I'll make this simple. If your D can't stop your opponents O, your O needs to stay on the field. What part of the first quarter did you miss? TM is DIRECTLY responsible for 21 points going to Wisconsin. But Beck keep having him pass even when he was clearly rattled. Capishe?

I'll make this simple. If your D can't stop your opponents O, your O needs to stay on the field. What part of the first quarter did you miss? TM is DIRECTLY responsible for 21 points going to Wisconsin. But Beck keep having him pass even when he was clearly rattled. Capishe?

Makes complete sense. Run 3 times for 6 yards and punt. Bring the D that is getting punished right back out on the field.

The only major problem I saw with the play calling was, where the hell was Kyler Reed? and why was he not involved?

The only major problem I saw with the play calling was, where the hell was Kyler Reed? and why was he not involved?

He was too busy taking off down the field while Taylor was trying to change the plays.