Antonio Bell's thoughts on the game

This quotes an unbelievable tweet by Antonio Bell that he's since deleted. Way to go.

http://twitter.com/#...352605582012416

Can you translate for me?

Here's what he deleted

"@YoungDuece_2: My bro fonzo is a beast the rest is ass str8 up"

Translation, Dennard is great, the others suck in Antonio's opinion.

C/mon Bell. Your teammates need you to be supportive when they get kicked down. Let the fans do the negative talk. :)

He actually tweeted back at me and i could see his brain start to actually work. He didnt travel with the team so he was hurt about that. They get destroyed and he probably felt like "They didnt give 100%, i wish the coaches had me out there, I would be doing work" and instead of doing what he should have done(been quiet) he started tweeting about it. He got called out about his tweets, including some that hinted he wouldnt be with the team much longer and he used his head.

He was frustrated and hurt and choose the wrong way of dealing with it. If he is smart. He will admit his mistakes and apologize to the whole team.

• Fire 1

If he's saying this, then what is everyone is in that locker room thinking? If they are on the same page as Antonio, then Bo has lost this team.

Well, this is why you don't want people tweeting.

Team with a hundred guys, everyone's got an opinion. People say things and it often comes out the wrong way. Especially college kids. They don't even realize how widely out there they are putting the words in which they didn't put a grain of thought. And it creates some very false impressions of the team, just because we compare it against the pristine, pearly images teams always try to maintain usually.

This was a big mistake by Antonio, but it's not anything of actual significance, and no cause for concern. I really mean that. Really, reading his tweets I think he's come off pretty positively.

Yep. It's just not a good idea to be using the damn thing....

I'm not much of a twitter guy. Barely even know how it all works. But I was following the conversations and came across Aaron Greene's twitter account and after the game his cousin tweeted to him "hold your head up man" and he replied "IDK man"...

IDK meaning I don't know of course. (for those of us not into the lingo)

So, he's responding with that after a game where his team got destroyed and he didn't get a single carry. Man, bo needs to get that locker room together quickly. Sounds like he has some rather disenchanted young men on his team.

This quotes an unbelievable tweet by Antonio Bell that he's since deleted. Way to go.

http://twitter.com/#...352605582012416

Can you translate for me?

Here's what he deleted

"@YoungDuece_2: My bro fonzo is a beast the rest is ass str8 up"

Translation, Dennard is great, the others suck in Antonio's opinion.

Yeah, that's about right.

Doesn't mean it should have been tweeted, but it *is* an accurate statement of the secondary for the night.

The guy wants to play. No one that is sitting should be happy about it, thats what competition is all about. I think sometimes we think that these are 12 year old girls and boys that are going to go "tell on each other" and "cry" that they were called out.

They won't, they will be just fine.

The guy wants to play. No one that is sitting should be happy about it, thats what competition is all about. I think sometimes we think that these are 12 year old girls and boys that are going to go "tell on each other" and "cry" that they were called out.

They won't, they will be just fine.

Especially when the guys in front of you are sh*tting the bed....

This whole thing is going to get looked at very easily as festering team issues, etc, etc. But all teams have issues, they just work through them, all the time. These aren't either, but it's hard to see it that way when we can only connect the dots from public twitter posts. Easy for the imagination to get overactive there.

I wish every college athlete would have the sense to lock down their twitter accounts. And text message their buddies when they want to tell them something.

Twitter is a bad idea. But Bell has every right to feel the way he does. You have guys playing like garbage and they keep playing them. Other guys don't really get a shot to show what they can do in a game. This is a serious problem that needs to be fixed. The backups get little game experience and not many reps in practice. That is why there is such a huge drop off like what we are seeing right now. Most of these new starters have been around long enough in the program that they should be better then this.