Top CB opens up recruitment

Donaldven Manning is a top CB recruit who is now just a soft verbal to VA Tech. He likes Nebraska and some others. Bring this kid in for gameday!

From Husker Journal:

DONALDVEN MANNING, DB, 5-11, 180, MIAMI (MIAMI CENTRAL), FLORIDA

Hokie Recruit Opens Recruitment

“I like the coaching staff they been together for 25 years. The defensive backs have great careers become All-American – players graduate. I love the mountains it’s different from home. I felt like home when I went away for the spring game.” Said the Virginia Tech commit

“I still hear from other schools. I actually set up my Notre Dame visit and I’m working on Nebraska and Texas Tech too.” Manning said

“Notre Dame is an academic school it’s a great program with a lot of history. They play good football and always on TV, always getting national attention.” Manning said

Huskers Have A Shot

“When the Coach Corey Raymond (Nebraska) was at Indiana he recruited me first. That was one of my first official offers, Indiana. And when he goes to Nebraska he was telling me what was going on. I talk to him after every (NU) game touch bases with him. I like Nebraska’s program and how it’s going. Coach Raymond said I have a chance to compete for a starting spot.” Manning said

“I grew up watching Nebraska when they played University of Miami. So I kind of watched their program for a long time.” Manning said

“Special Relationship”

“Coach Otis Mounds (Texas Tech) over there we have a special relationship, he use to be at Florida. I can relate to him a lot. He’s a good coach coached some of the best and sent players to the NFL.” Manning said

“Nothing is too far away when you are trying to accomplish your goals”

Corey Raymond...I think he's one that is busting his ass on the recruiting trail. Am I wrong? On top of that, he gets way too much criticism for his work as a secondary coach. He's a solid coach, and the young guys in the secondary need time...or need to be replaced. I'm not sure which yet. But even if they don't need to be replaced, it's a big-time priority in recruiting, starting yesterday.

So let's bring this in!

Corey Raymond...I think he's one that is busting his ass on the recruiting trail. Am I wrong? On top of that, he gets way too much criticism for his work as a secondary coach. He's a solid coach, and the young guys in the secondary need time...or need to be replaced. I'm not sure which yet. But even if they don't need to be replaced, it's a big-time priority in recruiting, starting yesterday.

So let's bring this in!

For what the secondary may not be showing on the field Coach Raymond is more than making up on the recruiting trail.. Debo says what's up. Other than him, it is the usual suspects as aspeedlin has said(JP and Beck). Right now at this point and time a certain LB coach has A LOT to show on and off the field and a WR coach that has a LOT to learn off the field.

For that reason alone, we should be thanking our lucky stars for this guy!

We have had some bad luck with the recruiting lately (Charles Jackson) but we also have a lot of semi-young core players who should be ready to take the reins in the secondary, but are falling completely flat on their faces. Andrew Green, Josh Mitchell, Lazarri Middleton, Ciante Evans, Courtney Osborne, P.J. Smith, etc, etc - gone, MIA, or so far underwhelming. The jury's still out on Stafford in coverage, too, I think.

Who's Debo?

I am a bit disappointed that folks are down on Rich Fisher. I don't know much about him, but from the little I saw, he looked pretty promising there as the WRs coach. Is that not the case? Off the field, you mean the recruiting trail?

Who's Debo?

I am a bit disappointed that folks are down on Rich Fisher. I don't know much about him, but from the little I saw, he looked pretty promising there as the WRs coach. Is that not the case? Off the field, you mean the recruiting trail?

Debo is Deion Jones from Louisiana. It is his nick.

And yes is the answer to the last question and that is what I was talking about. Things have been heard.

Who's Debo?

Debo is Deion Jones from Louisiana. It is his nick.

And yes is the answer to the last question and that is what I was talking about. Things have been heard.

He's never been a situation where he has had to recruit kids on a big stage like this. I have ehard the same as you Paul, he has done an okay job up to this point. But there needs to be more effort put out.

• Fire 1