Today's Presser

knapplc

Just watched Martinez's presser. That has to be alarming to fans, even casual ones. I'm a proponent of flushing bad games down the toilet to an extent, but you have to take responsibility and own up to your bad games. His deflection of questions about the game and canned answer of "better decisions" shows a lack of accountability IMO.

You'd have to have seen the context in which he's been shredded by the press and fans around here to have a better understanding of why he answered those questions the way he did. He wasn't joking when he said it didn't matter how he answered the questions, he'd still get ripped for it.

Understatement of the year. The haters are in a frenzy and are ready, able and "very", very willing to rip apart anything he says.

Just like how you ripped apart Zac Lee? Kinda like that....or....

Total horse sh*t.

Show "one" post where I said "he's a cancer to the team", "not a team player", "not a leader", etc, etc. I never even "once" attacked his integrity or character.

You've already far, far surpassed my negative results comments regarding Lee in you and your hater pals endless passion to destroy the kid. Whatever works for ya.

Anything Taylor does on the football field is up for criticism imho. It's the other stuff people criticize him for, that has absolutely no foundation to it, that gets under my skin.

There is something I'd like to point out about Martinez, however, especially to some of those who don't think he's a competitor or that he lacks the fire/leadership of a starting quarterback. When Martinez dove into the end zone to score our first touchdown against Wisconsin, Martinez slammed into a Wisconsin defender. When Martinez started to get up, he looked the Wisconsin defender dead in the eyes and yelled in his face. That seems like the kind of thing a competitor does, at least to me.

He's a quiet kid who takes far more criticism than he deserves. Unfortunately, it's the negative criticism that always gets expounded upon more-so than the positive. Sometimes I think Nebraska fans can be just as detrimental to our team than anything else. We expect too much after being such a spoiled program for so long.

• Fire 1

You know at first I didn't much care for his attitude at the press conference, but then I started looking at it differently. I'm a cop, as most know, so I tried to put a connection between his position and mine. The connection is that he is constantly under public scrutiny, everyone thinks that they know how to do his job, people constantly tell him how to do his job, people always question what he is doing and why he is doing it, and no matter what he's always going to do it wrong. This happens alot to police officers and I know I don't care for this type of behavior. I'm not going to go crazy on the kid, the coaches will make the right decisions and I would be a little salty too if everyone was bagging on me, which they tend to do and I do get salty. Just a comparison...............

• Fire 1

You know at first I didn't much care for his attitude at the press conference, but then I started looking at it differently. I'm a cop, as most know, so I tried to put a connection between his position and mine. The connection is that he is constantly under public scrutiny, everyone thinks that they know how to do his job, people constantly tell him how to do his job, people always question what he is doing and why he is doing it, and no matter what he's always going to do it wrong. This happens alot to police officers and I know I don't care for this type of behavior. I'm not going to go crazy on the kid, the coaches will make the right decisions and I would be a little salty too if everyone was bagging on me, which they tend to do and I do get salty. Just a comparison...............

Do you have the ability to admit when you are wrong and have some accountability for performing poorly? That is what is wrong with this audio and the video.

Martinez's audio from the Presser

Not only has he lost the locker room, he has lost the media too. He thinks he is good at reading defenses. He really just needs one of those do over moments.

Where has it been expressly said that Martinez has lost the locker room?

Honest question. Not trying to troll.

When Dillard goes off on him on twitter like he did, it is my feeling with no inside information that he is not well liked. He is not very removed from this team, so with him blasting him, their has to be something to his tweet. I copy and post the one that describes the locker room.

Seeing Rex throw his hands up when he is uncovered on a swing pass and watching Rex watch Taylor keep the ball on the goal line game after game is disturbing.

I think Taylor plays for one thing. Taylor Martinez He wants the stats for himself.

Do you have the ability to admit when you are wrong and have some accountability for performing poorly? That is what is wrong with this audio and the video.

Yes, in fact I've admitted I was wrong even after I've issued a citation. I don't think I've ever performed poorly or at least none of my supervisors has ever told me that, but that's more of a pride and work ethic type of thing. I see what you're saying, but he's also what..........20? He has to mature some to admit when he was wrong in a situation. I know at 20 I couldn't admit I was wrong, but now I just shrug my shoulders and say, "I screwed up, not much I can do, but fix the problem."

Not only has he lost the locker room, he has lost the media too. He thinks he is good at reading defenses. He really just needs one of those do over moments.

When Dillard goes off on him on twitter like he did, it is my feeling with no inside information that he is not well liked. He is not very removed from this team, so with him blasting him, their has to be something to his tweet. I copy and post the one that describes the locker room.

Seeing Rex throw his hands up when he is uncovered on a swing pass and watching Rex watch Taylor keep the ball on the goal line game after game is disturbing.

I think Taylor plays for one thing. Taylor Martinez He wants the stats for himself.

Which tweet are you talking about? I guess I missed that one?

Did you copy and paste the Dillard tweet or is it somewhere in this thread? If so, I'd like to read it.

As far as your last line, I think that's purely conjecture. It's either he wants the stats for himself or he tries to do too much because he wants to win, which is what the coaches have said on multiple occasions.

Did you copy and paste the Dillard tweet or is it somewhere in this thread? If so, I'd like to read it.

As far as your last line, I think that's purely conjecture. It's either he wants the stats for himself or he tries to do too much because he wants to win, which is what the coaches have said on multiple occasions.

Dillard went off with several tweets and there was a comment posted by the guy posted the tweets that said, if you ever run into Dillard, ask him what the locker room thinks of him. That is from two years ago but when Taylor was a true freshman but it is very telling from a guy that was a star here and drafted into the NFL.

Going back to the stats thing. Taylor has Rex behind in goal line plays and he calls his own number way too often. I think he wants the glory for the TD's.

Dillard went off with several tweets and there was a comment posted by the guy posted the tweets that said, if you ever run into Dillard, ask him what the locker room thinks of him. That is from two years ago but when Taylor was a true freshman but it is very telling from a guy that was a star here and drafted into the NFL.

Going back to the stats thing. Taylor has Rex behind in goal line plays and he calls his own number way too often. I think he wants the glory for the TD's.

I just read all of Dillard's tweets from that day, and I'm not seeing anything about Martinez having lost the locker room. Until I see it for myself, I can't believe it. Either way, twitter comments as a means of proof, especially from people we barely know other than Dillard, isn't fair evidence. Martinez was what...a scout team safety or quarterback when Dillard was a senior starting linebacker? I doubt they knew each other at all.

And still, your last line is purely conjecture. I would argue Martinez just tries to do too much, not because he wants glory but because he wants those who criticize him to shut up. Furthermore, when Martinez keeps the ball near the goal line, we seem to score. If Burkhead really is the team player everyone says he is, then he shouldn't have a problem with it.

I just read all of Dillard's tweets from that day, and I'm not seeing anything about Martinez having lost the locker room. Until I see it for myself, I can't believe it.

And still, your last line is purely conjecture. I would argue Martinez just tries to do too much, not because he wants glory but because he wants those who criticize him to shut up. Furthermore, when Martinez keeps the ball near the goal line, we seem to score. If Burkhead really is the team player everyone says he is, then he shouldn't have a problem with it.

there was a comment posted by the guy posted the tweets that said, if you ever run into Dillard, ask him what the locker room thinks of him. That is from two years ago but when Taylor was a true freshman but it is very telling from a guy that was a star here and drafted into the NFL.

here is one of Dillard's tweets. I wanna know if u can name a worst thrower in "CFB"... Well u other 21 players keep playing hard so we can win

Not a ringing endorsement by Dillard. The losing the locker room is nothing I have heard just a reaction to listening to and watching the audio I couldn't hear. I had to listen to the audio since I couldn't understand the words he was trying to communicate. He press conference was very troubling on many levels.